PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing rant!!!!!

snubber
01-24-2012, 11:42 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting rather tired of all the LAZY fishermen on this site(where to go perch fishing around edmonton? how do I get to ______? where's the best perch lake? etc.). Seriously guys, how hard is it to go scout out the lakes that are in your own area? Whatever happened to looking at a map and simply going to check out the lake and see what the fishing is like all on your own.

In the last couple years, there's more and more people going to the same fishing holes, and soon, very soon, there is going to be less and less fish. I'm tired of every lazy tom dick and harry on here looking for the easy answers. Get off your *****es and figure this stuff out for yourself!

So you're lucky enough to be told where a great lake is.... don't post a thread on here asking for the directions to it, when you simply need to go onto google maps and type it in. Guess what happens when you do that? A nifty little map shows up showing you exactly how to get there!! Fancy that!

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with helping a fellow out now and then, or taking them out to where I fish... but enough is enough, go out and do some leg work. I know that I myself have gone to lakes and checked them out....found out there's not much there, but at least I can say I've done the leg work needed! I've also had the times where I've gone out and found a lake that's a hunny hole.... and guess what!! There's NOBODY else out there, hardly ever!! So for that lake my leg work paied off ten-fold....

Please people, PLEASE do some work yourselves... that's what this sport is about(it's called fishing not catching for a reason), it's not just the amount of fish you catch, but it's finding that spot that works best for you, that nobody else really knows about... and how are you going to find that spot?? You guessed it!! DO THE LEG WORK.

So before you post any new threads on here, maybe you should think to yourself... am I just being a lazy fisherman? And is that how everyone on here will see me?

:angry3::snapoutofit::angry3:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
01-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Ok Im gonna agree with your post partly . And not cuz I know you :lol: . Its one thing to ask for directions , Updates on conditions then its another to practically beg for fishing spots . Ive said it before and im sure ill say it again . The Internet has made fishermen / hunters lazy . Its so easy to hop on the god box and see where everyone is catching fish or filling there tags , etc .

Im not going to knock this because with the forums and information is a good thing , gives lots of advise and so on . But what happened to the days of venturing out and finding the fish rather then posting . Personally I no longer answer those posts anymore .

Monster Pike Man
01-24-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting rather tired of all the LAZY fishermen on this site(where to go perch fishing around edmonton? how do I get to ______? where's the best perch lake? etc.). Seriously guys, how hard is it to go scout out the lakes that are in your own area? Whatever happened to looking at a map and simply going to check out the lake and see what the fishing is like all on your own.

In the last couple years, there's more and more people going to the same fishing holes, and soon, very soon, there is going to be less and less fish. I'm tired of every lazy tom dick and harry on here looking for the easy answers. Get off your *****es and figure this stuff out for yourself!

So you're lucky enough to be told where a great lake is.... don't post a thread on here asking for the directions to it, when you simply need to go onto google maps and type it in. Guess what happens when you do that? A nifty little map shows up showing you exactly how to get there!! Fancy that!

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with helping a fellow out now and then, or taking them out to where I fish... but enough is enough, go out and do some leg work. I know that I myself have gone to lakes and checked them out....found out there's not much there, but at least I can say I've done the leg work needed! I've also had the times where I've gone out and found a lake that's a hunny hole.... and guess what!! There's NOBODY else out there, hardly ever!! So for that lake my leg work paied off ten-fold....

Please people, PLEASE do some work yourselves... that's what this sport is about(it's called fishing not catching for a reason), it's not just the amount of fish you catch, but it's finding that spot that works best for you, that nobody else really knows about... and how are you going to find that spot?? You guessed it!! DO THE LEG WORK.

So before you post any new threads on here, maybe you should think to yourself... am I just being a lazy fisherman? And is that how everyone on here will see me?

I completely agree with u. Well said.

BGSH
01-25-2012, 12:00 AM

x2 that's how i did it,when i first moved here from the Island i got up looked at maps, read some books and went to explore and found some great places to fish, don't mind helping people out, but if people keep asking dumb questions i may not respond, get up go out and have some fun.

yeahright
01-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Fully Agreed!
I like to call it a Adventure! and check new lakes!
you gotta wonder why people call em Lake X and Lake Y! :thinking-006:

E for Effort! :sign0161:

RisingRainbows
01-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Ok, I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit on this one. There are a lot of people who don't get a chance to go fishing more than a couple of times a month or are new to the sport. For those people asking where a good spot is could mean the difference between a great trip that encourages them to go more and grow the sport of fishing and a trip that leaves them feeling unsatisfied. As well, what is really the difference between the good old 'asking the guys at "The Fishin' Hole"' where the fish are biting and asking on a forum? And what percentage of people ice fishing on lake X really heard about it on the Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum? I'm guessing it's not that high. My completely speculative opinion is that most people hear about new spots from friends and acquaintances, not online forums.

BeeGuy
01-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Exploration is by far my favorite part.

Woody_16
01-25-2012, 01:43 AM
As a relatively new fisherman (other than as a child), I can vouch that it can be tough trying to learn the good places to fish. Also, many people might not have a buddy who can show them the ropes.

That being said, I have never made a post on here asking for a lake to fish at. Just from growing up, I already knew of most of the lakes around me and what kind of fish they had in them. The ones that I didn't know much about were found through maps and regs. The regs will tell you what fish are in the lake and a map will show you how to get there. From there you just pick a spot and throw a hook out. If it doesn't work, you move on to the next spot/hook. Before you know it you are hauling in fish.

One of my favourite experiences this summer was in Waterton. My girlfriend and I were camping there and we hiked a few kilometers to a nice lake that we had never been to before and caught little Brook Trout all evening, just because we asked someone at the tourist booth if there were fish in it. Hiking to the lake and the scenery there was just as fun as trying to find the fish. At the end of the day, we had a blast. And it was all due to nothing more than a little outdoors exploring. A few weeks later we made a full day trip to 3-4 of the lakes around Pincher/Beaver Mines (we had never been to any of them) and just made the best of it. We ended up with about a dozen fish that day and she had a blast. Days like that sure turn them on to the sport and make them want to go out more. But again, it was simply taking a shot in the dark at first.

As a side note, while I think that it is kind of rude to reply to someone's question with "use the search function"... I also have to admit that at least 95% of the information regarding lakes and techniques that I have acquired from this forum has been found using the search function. In fact, it has even inspired me to plan a Golden Trout trip this summer thanks to a couple hours of reading searched threads.

It's really not that hard to do some work for yourself. It's one thing to ask where a guy can buy a lottery ticket at, but it's another to expect the winning numbers.

CeeZee
01-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Yup agreed for the most part some people are too lazy to look, but it because they are not true outdoorsman! They are part time outdoorsman who want the honey but dont wanna find the beehive.
I searched and stuff completely blind, no friends to ask, not from the province, so yes read maps, barry mitchel a bit, and backroads map, and invest the time. Then I found this forum and it has been an amazing wealth of information and is an awesome tool! Has increased my knowledge so much there is no word to describe it, love the info on here but I do respect the effort others put in and feel rude trying to pry that info out of people, and be ummm "lazy".

2 cents.

caljouw2003
01-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Agreed, giving tips on what to use and what depths to fish at should be enuf to get anyone started. As far as finding where to go to fish in my opion is 75% of the fun, its called getting out side and exploring!!!! I moved to Red Deer 11 years ago, and i have found 2 or 3 spots that i can call my own (it took me all 11 years to find them). Fishing is not Fishing if some one else does all the leg work for you, i don't know what you call it but it is not fishing.

TrollGRG
01-25-2012, 07:22 AM
If you go to a new city and ask someone where city hall is, do you expect them to get high and mighty and tell you to buy a city map and search it.

I have the time and resources to do the leg work and try different spots so I do but a lot of people dont. Some of them have real lives and families who take priority (I don't know why).

If you don't like reading about people asking where lake x is then don't read the posts.

What I don't like are those snotty fools who get on here and say I got a million perch, all over 6 pounds at my secret spot but I wont tell you. Fine don't tell but keep your story to yourself instead of sounding like a little kid saying na na na nana or my dad is bigger than your dad. :snapoutofit:

Oh by the way - where are the perch? :dork:

YeeHaw
01-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Best advise
Get a "BERRY MICHLES" guide ( yes the spelling is probably wrong), watch the forum, and use google. Just my two pennies.:scared0018:

bpallen
01-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Isn't the whole point of this forum to guide and assist each other?

New equiptment / techniques / what works and what doesn't work / Lakes that are bitting / ice conditions or water conditions / etc.

If we are going to have a personal " RANT " the POSTS that I dislike, are the ones showing an nice harvest of fish & then want you to guess what lake they were caught.

Again I thought the point of this forum was to help / assist / and a place to talk and discuss about the sport of fishing.

But perhaps I'm wrong ( very Possible )

drake
01-25-2012, 08:49 AM
There is a party at CROSS LAKE and you're invited!!!!!

Albertadiver
01-25-2012, 08:55 AM
There is a party at CROSS LAKE and you're invited!!!!!

Can you send me directions please?

CantThinkOfAName
01-25-2012, 09:20 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting rather tired of all the LAZY don't post a thread on here asking for the directions to it, when you simply need to go onto google maps and type it in. Guess what happens when you do that? A nifty little map shows up showing you exactly how to get there!! Fancy that!

I'll 100% disagree with that statement. I don't believe anybody has to give up "their" hole or lake, but not giving directions basically comes down to being a *****. I wouldn't want to drive out to a lake only not to be able to find a boat launch. Or to find out the boat launch isnt capable of handling my boat. Take Wabamun for example, this site has helped ppl find launches, which launches are in disrepair, and little launches that big boats can't use but places where ppl can launch their dinghy. I'm pretty sure that info has made the difference in an enjoyable day or a terrible one . Google maps doesn't show everything.

FishingFrenzy
01-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Exploration is by far my favorite part.

X2, Honestly I could care less if I catch fish as long as the trip is fun. The great part about fishing is the adventure required to find fish! Whats the fun in going to a lake thats "hot" and sit out there with 100 other people pulling in fish after fish.....not as fun as finding some body of water on a map and finding a way to get there, and maybe even tossing a line in. Thats how a buddy and I found one of our favorite trout holes....would I give up the location? Heck no, if people want to fish they need to put in the effort!

Geezle
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
:party0051:

Scott N
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Personally, I enjoy helping others out if I can, although it might be through PM rather than making a public post. I've also had some board members help me out with things that I've asked about. That doesn't make me lazy, some people are willing to share, others, not so much. Karma.... what goes around comes around.

MoFugger21
01-25-2012, 10:23 AM

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

Lol, the little things that get people on here SO pi$$ed off.... OMG, someone asked a question on an online forum designed for sharing information... How disgusting... This is an outrage!!!. Lol

I have an idea, instead of getting all bent out of shape over what you described above.... Ignore them and move on with life... If you don't want to help others on here, that's fine, but getting so mad about people asking for help is completely ridiculous IMO.

jts1
01-25-2012, 10:31 AM
I dont think that way. If asked I give directions, Depth charts, gps what ever I have. Done it many many times. I lend out my gear if needed etc etc. Yes I do keep a few spots to myself. Made some good friendships this way and in turn have been helped out when I needed it. Thats what this forum is all about.

fish gunner
01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
I am torn on this issue,I have no time for a spot troller, some one looking to gather easy info on where, when,or how to fish a particular lake.but I have all the time in the world for some one new to our sport or a family guy with little time to get out on the water. I give my info to those folk freely.I ask they fish as a would, limiting there catch as I do.leave the area as you found it and such.I dont give up my sweet spots to any body even friends that may not fully appreciate the experience given.I give or receive a pm try to figure out who im sharing info with and edit the info acordingly.if some one comes across as inexperienced I give all the help I can.a more experienced angler, I give direction to the lake, a depth that should put them on the fish,but not much more.ogre pmed asking to join us on the lake, he is an able angler but had little experience with perch.we put him on the fish, showed him the proper methods,gear, bait and such.his full disclosure was given my full effort.one of my friends is displeased that I even mention burnstick on the form,his thoughts that half of calgary will eventually show up.my thoughts are lessons from the military make sure you give the information to the correct people,so you know what they know.if I see evidence of my help being used in a manner I feel is improper.then no help will forthcoming from that point forward.I have my own scotsmans creek, those I deem skillful,respectful,helpful enough may get a pm invitation to join me on the water.at this point I can think of perhaps 3 members that even come close to my high standards.yet I undrstand this could br the death toll for my favorite spot one misplaced comment, one misjudgement in whom I chose to join me.a section of water I hold near and dear to my heart will be lost. knowledge is power,ignorance is bliss.I believe I will help those that need help and nudge those that dont. my two bits.

fish farmer
01-25-2012, 10:58 AM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

Is that Sylvan Lake in the background? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

nekred
01-25-2012, 11:01 AM
hey with $1 a litre fuel and limited time the whole point is to help each other out and trhow a guy a bone once in awhile...

If you don't want to provide information then don't....

If you are kind enough to provide information then good on you...

It is fun to explore but hey if a guy is new to the area or wants to take the kids out to a lake where they will have fun catching fish then great...

I understand not wanting to give away a good fishing hole, but if a guy is looking for perch... most lakes I have seen with perch are stunted because there is not enouh predation!.... so if a guy is looking for a perch fishing place... best thing we can do is help them out...

maybe I should start a rant about selfish selfrighteous bastards....

I get Barry Mitchell's guide and have read the forestry trunk road fishing guide and understand how much flak these guys have gotten for just providing good information...

Redfrog
01-25-2012, 11:19 AM
I know this is my first post on alberta outdoorsmen but ireally really like you guys. :)
My grand dotter just turned four and sshe wants to go icefishing For BIG perch.
She's toom little to go by herself so i'm taking her.

I can't be bothered to ever post here to help someone because I'm too busy shooting stuff, but I really like this baord and the members. I don't have time to read any of the posts in the fishing forum or serach for stuff, cause I'm too busy shooting stuff.

So if you know of a place with BIG perch withing 15 minutes of Edmonton, Let me know. I don't have time to drive farther cause I'm busy working and shooting stuff.

BTW she only wants perch over 13 inches. She can almsot eat a whole one herself.

thansk for the help. BTw will there be someone there to lend me an auger?

Gust
01-25-2012, 11:50 AM
I break it into two categories,,, those trying and those who don't,, I'll give tips on here but that's it now. But for those maybe new to the Province, out there driving in circles, Ill give them a nudge via a PM,, but you know some of those driving in circles are going to find the best fishing.

nekred
01-25-2012, 11:50 AM
I know this is my first post on alberta outdoorsmen but ireally really like you guys. :)

I can't be bothered to ever post here to help someone because I'm too busy shooting stuff, but I really like this baord and the members. I don't have time to read any of the posts in the fishing forum or serach for stuff, cause I'm too busy shooting stuff.

So if you know of a place with BIG perch withing 15 minutes of Edmonton, Let me know. I don't have time to drive farther cause I'm busy working and shooting stuff.

BTW she only wants perch over 13 inches. She can almsot eat a whole one herself.

You need someone to help you drive the Black Dually!....

mooseknuckle
01-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Great example, this sort of post I wouldnt even give the time of day too. But I'm kind of on the fence with this whole thread, Iadmit if I get asked by someone who's posted 1000 times on AO I'm probably going to help them out just becasue with that many posts it's likely they too have helped someone out along the way. There a few that definately wake up in the morning wih the sole intention for setting some sort of post record usually filled with useless information I won't name names:)

And I will almost always help a guy out if he pm's me with a reasonable question.

01-25-2012, 11:53 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's brilliant and oh so true .

Redfrog
01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
I made the post tongue in cheek of course. but it rings true for some who have posted here especially this year it seems.

As many who have asked me for info regarding things I'm familiar with I sure don't mind helping someone out, but like most people I don't want to be taken advantage of.

Make some effort and I'll help.Try to take advantage and you'll be SOL.

This is like potluck dinner. Put something in and take something out.

snubber
01-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm glad to see that 95% of you got the point I was trying to make. It's not that I am at all against helping a newbie out, I have no issues bringing new people into this sport. But for those of you who are out there who just expect to have everyone always tell you where to fish, where the 'humpty' perch are hiding, where the best spot on the lake is to find the biggest fish... you need to get off your butts and explore the lakes like the rest of us have!

Don't get me wrong, if someone askes me for directions somewhere while I'm out and about I'm one of the first people to help them out, if we're at a lake and someone who is out there with their kids and is having a bad go at it, I WILL help them to have a better day by nudging them in the right direction... I'm not against that at all... what bothers me is that people are on here asking for directions to a lake (not the boat launch) when they could have easily enough gone to google for the answer and found it themselves...

This sport is suppost to not only be about the fishing side of things, but the adventure and exploration that goes with it.. if you don't catch fish one day, big deal, as long as you make the day worthwhile that's really all that matters, but you're not going to get that if you don't explore on your own and find things out for yourself.

As far as those who don't have time....even if you have an extra couple of minutes in the evening to do some research you'll be fine....not enough time to look into where you want to go and so forth is simply an excuse.

I appologize if I have offeneded anyone, but it's the truth....this is a SPORT, try all aspects of it, not just the catching side....

brian_edm
01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
I find this topic very funny actually. If you don't want to help someone out, then don't bother replying to the post. Simple as that. Yes some people are lazy. I have been helped out by numerous good folks on here. I'm not after anyone's sweet spot but a little advice is always nice.

snubber
01-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Like I said good to see 95% got the point I was trying to make,theres always gonna be that 5% can't please everyone.

pickrel pat
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
this is the first thread ive seen this. its nice to see someone start such an original thread. ive never seen anyone post on where is a good place to go fishing and have umpteen responses saying "dont be lazy" or "do the leg work yourself"........ that would be very original too. everybody knows that it would be so funny for a guy that has very little money and only gets out once a year to fuel up his peice of crap car, drive 2 hours punch a hole, have 6 million fresh water shrimp fill the top of his hole and not catch a thing, only to find out a month later that it summer/winterkilled. oh well...... maybe next year when/if he has time or its within his budget he will get lucky and hit a lake with some fish.

Stewie
01-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Heaven forbid a guy ask for information on an OUTDOOR FORUM… you guys need to chill out

Kinda funny calling people lazy and talking about ice fishing… aren’t you pretty much sitting all day… :fighting0030:

Speckle55
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Thats why i am on here is to help i enjoy talking, teaching, learning ,sharing, and looking at all pic's fishing or anything.. do you want to know where i caught my World Record 8# line class Brook Trout in 1984.. it was at Maligne Lake Jasper National Park and she was a 12#13 oz female on June 28 1984 .. i caught her on a Green Doc Spratley size 8, 12 inches behind a Williams Worbler at a speed of 1.7 to 2.2 km in 40 to 50 fow at 1.44 pm on a intermetin rain day. it took me 1 1/2 hours to net her as she rolled on her back in submission as my two buddys watched in awe . one want to net but i had said she was mine too lose.. so will i post this on the net just did .. lmao its fishing guys ..

Story was printed in Outdoor Life in thier annual in 1988

pic,s on my profile if you need proof

here is some Lake Whitefish from Gregg Lake the first is my buddy and his 5#3ozer and a couple 2 1/2 to 3 enjoy 46319

BeeGuy
01-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Members on this forum are among the the MOST generous one can find anywhere.

That said, sometimes you've got to put in a little leg work of your own.

The search function here provides more info than one can even use, and combined with actually going fishing, it's a cake walk to get into fish in any region.

Where, when, and how are covered thoroughly for hundreds of spots, including weekly/daily updates.

Just get out there and fish. A lot of members will even take you with them.

If anyone ever wants to fish Ghost, I'm always interested in getting skunked or catching a big one.

TROLLER
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Isn't the whole point of this forum to guide and assist each other?

New equiptment / techniques / what works and what doesn't work / Lakes that are bitting / ice conditions or water conditions / etc.

If we are going to have a personal " RANT " the POSTS that I dislike, are the ones showing an nice harvest of fish & then want you to guess what lake they were caught.

Again I thought the point of this forum was to help / assist / and a place to talk and discuss about the sport of fishing.

But perhaps I'm wrong ( very Possible )

I cannot agree with you, how many times does someone post, what bait what hook where on the lake how deep, what time of day can you give me gps specs. Sorry don't work that way

Speckle55
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM
I cannot agree with you, how many times does someone post, what bait what hook where on the lake how deep, what time of day can you give me gps specs. Sorry don't work that way

sure np . it was 10 1/2 miles down lake on right hand side now Lorne Currie(guide) calls it Currie bay it has a couple big rock in bay and you scout them in 30fow looking at rocks and then you go up point if coming back to Spirit Island we were about 50 yds up bank and i was on the inside..

hope that helps:)

Food for Thought
David

BeeGuy
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
sure np . it was 10 1/2 miles down lake on right hand side now Lorne Currie(guide) calls it Currie bay it has a couple big rock in bay and you scout them in 30fow looking at rocks and then you go up point if coming back to Spirit Island we were about 50 yds up bank and i was on the inside..

hope that helps:)

Food for Thought
David

Awesome David,

So what do you call that bay?

Speckle55
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Awesome David,

So what do you call that bay?

lol 10 1/2 miles down .. ROFLMAO .. but Currie bay is fine he is a good friend .. i just love to fish like most anglers and learn/look/talk.. there is more too fishing than fish

Take a man fishing you feed him for a day .. Teach a man to fish:character0053: feed him for life .. Tha Bible

1shotwade
01-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I don,t mind helping the odd guy out! i also don't come on here and declare my hotspots and brag about my weekend haul of perch! Same reason if a guy shows up at a lake and rolls up to me and asks me if Im catching anything the answers always the same, nope! If you post your hotspots and get guys asking you via PM's it's your own fault! this year at north buck me and some buddies were in our shack fishing and a truck rolled up with 2 guys in it asked how the fishing was and my buddies son showed him 2 nice perch! The next thing you know 6 trucks and about 12 guys were right on top of us asking to borrow augers to maggots and actually complained when they caught no fish! They were altogether and just spread out asking people! well we left and went to chump and did quite well! Tight lines boys!:)

Dakota369
01-25-2012, 03:31 PM

If ya don't like it................don't read or respond dumb azz......... there are people here with limited time/experience who have kids who they just want to take them out for a good ice-fishing experience, not one of drilling lots of holes and catching nothing.....................

Personally I am getting sick of rants like this about other members........

:scared0018:

topgun2269
01-25-2012, 03:54 PM
hunting land totally agree!! I have maps etc for all my hunting areas. worked for years getting permissions.

Fishing...who cares!!!!! they are all open with access to everyone!!!! who cares if people ask!!! if you dont want to tell them than stay off the forum!!!!!

"MY BANG FOR MY BUCK"

Isopod
01-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Seems easy enough to tell from the title of the thread what it's going to be about. If you don't want to read threads asking for lakes with big perch close to the city, just don't click on that thread, move on to a topic that interests you. If you like exploring new lakes and new spots, go exploring and be happy, and who cares if not everyone likes doing the same? My two cents.

rammer
01-25-2012, 04:16 PM

haha you have got to be kidding me. Why do you think people use forums like this or look at fishing reports using other sources. Why should a guy go spend his limited free time putting in the "leg work" if he's not going to catch any fish. The whole point of forums like this is so you can make the most of your free time and not waste it sitting over a hole all day not catching fish. I don't think you can call other people lazy...maybe other people just work a little harder than you do and don't have all this free time to waste getting skunked on their weekends. nice thread

HunterDave
01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting rather tired of all the LAZY fishermen on this site(where to go perch fishing around edmonton?

To me, those types of questions sound reasonable on a Fishing Forum. :confused0024:

What's a lazy fishermen? Someone that wants to put in the least amount of effort possible in order to catch fish. They don't want to travel far and if they find a decent spot close by they won't want anyone else to know about it.

Maybe what you really mean is, "Why is everyone telling other people about the lakes that I fish?" :lol:

Ken07AOVette
01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
this is the first thread ive seen this. its nice to see someone start such an original thread. ive never seen anyone post on where is a good place to go fishing and have umpteen responses saying "dont be lazy" or "do the leg work yourself"........ that would be very original too. everybody knows that it would be so funny for a guy that has very little money and only gets out once a year to fuel up his peice of crap car, drive 2 hours punch a hole, have 6 million fresh water shrimp fill the top of his hole and not catch a thing, only to find out a month later that it summer/winterkilled. oh well...... maybe next year when/if he has time or its within his budget he will get lucky and hit a lake with some fish.

You have been to Ernastina!!!

I'm not kidding at all, I went there (bonnyville area) a couple years ago, and no matter where we drilled, 4' deep or less, gross stinky black water, and almost solid with shrimp. It used to be an awesome lake, but apparently the holes filled up.

snubber
01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
You don't get what Im trying to say at all.I don't mind helping people out especially the people that are taking there kids out,its awsome to teach the next generation,but what Im getting at is the threads like"where to find perch close to edmonton,how do I get there,what depths,what are you using, "I don't want the small ones where do I have to go to find big ones around edmonton etc.We all would love to go out and catch a load of big fish but like I said its called fishing not catching.Just saying do a little leg work I know I did and wow it worked out expecting to have info handed to me on a silver platter.Its funny ever since I started this rant my PM has blown up with alot of people agreeing with me and there saying all those haters are those lazy fishermen I was talking about.Just passing it on.
:argue2:

Woody_16
01-25-2012, 05:15 PM
I think some people misunderstood the OP (or maybe I do). Regardless, here's what I figure.. I honestly believe that in the time it would take me to post a "where can I find this fish near this city" and wait for a useful response and then ask follow up questions, I could easily have found out which watershed zone my city is in, looked through that zone in the regs and made a list of each lake that has the fish I want to target, hopped on google maps and seen which were closest (you've probably already heard of the ones nearby you which would make this much faster) and then made a simple search on the forums for those lakes and gotten far more valuable information. Maybe the exception would be asking how thick the ice is, but again, that is a commonly updated thing and fairly easily found out.

In my opinion, people would gladly help someone who has put in some effort (whether they went out and got skunked and asked what to change, or even just did what I described above) as opposed to someone who just wants their free lunch with no effort.

It took me about a month of fishing a certain body of water this fall to finally get into my biggest fish of the year, it was no record trophy but it was my reward for my work. I would easily venture a guess that I appreciate that experience more because I earned it, than I would have if I were sent to that spot with that technique on the first outing. I do understand that not everyone can get out as often, but this is only my personal opinion.

hunting land totally agree!! I have maps etc for all my hunting areas. worked for years getting permissions.

Fishing...who cares!!!!! they are all open with access to everyone!!!! who cares if people ask!!! if you dont want to tell them than stay off the forum!!!!!

For the people making hunting comparisons, maybe think of it this way.. Some of these people aren't asking "where in Alberta can I find a doe to shoot for meat to feed my family?", they are saying "can you please send me directly to the trophy bucks." When is the last time you shot a monster and didn't have to scout the area, get permission, put in at least a few days looking for them or calling them in, etc? You are saying that you've worked for years to get to where you are and would not share this information, well some of the fishermen on here have also worked for years trying different things to be where they are, same idea.. But this isn't about not telling them the best secrets, it's about them not trying to find the simplest information.

Why should a guy go spend his limited free time putting in the "leg work" if he's not going to catch any fish. The whole point of forums like this is so you can make the most of your free time and not waste it sitting over a hole all day not catching fish.

If spending a day out on the water and not catching a fish is a "waste of time" then maybe you are fishing for the wrong reason? You can't catch a fish everytime you put a hook in the water. You can always buy fish from the store instead. Just my opinion.

fish gunner
01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
the more people agree with any one point the more lightly it is to be incorrect.the majority is just that.not always correct.look at politics.

MoFugger21
01-25-2012, 05:42 PM
You don't get what Im trying to say at all.I don't mind helping people out especially the people that are taking there kids out,its awsome to teach the next generation,but what Im getting at is the threads like"where to find perch close to edmonton,how do I get there,what depths,what are you using, "I don't want the small ones where do I have to go to find big ones around edmonton etc.We all would love to go out and catch a load of big fish but like I said its called fishing not catching.Just saying do a little leg work I know I did and wow it worked out expecting to have info handed to me on a silver platter.Its funny ever since I started this rant my PM has blown up with alot of people agreeing with me and there saying all those haters are those lazy fishermen I was talking about.Just passing it on.

Did you look in the mirror and puff out your chest and feel all proud of yourself afterwards too....? Lol. Pretty simple solution to all of this.... IGNORE THE POSTS THEN! There are bigger tragedies in life than someone on an outdoorsman forum asking for help or looking for someone to point them in the right direction, and like I said in my earlier post, getting all bent out of shape over it is completely ridiculous.

There's been a few threads/rants like this in the past, and I'll bet money that there will be more in future. It's not gonna stop anything. Can it be annoying that there are 4 threads concerning the same lake, with 4 different people asking the same thing? Absolutely, but why waste your time getting pi$$ed off about it, it's gonna continue, like it or not. So if it bothers you that much, when you see it, do the same thing everyone else does... Curse it under your breath, ignore it, and move on with life. EZ game!

pecker
01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
where can i find a good musky lake within 2000km of Calgary.

HunterDave
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't want the small ones where do I have to go to find big ones around edmonton etc.

I remember that thread. The OP started off by asking where he could take some young kids to catch perch and then he said that he only wanted to catch big ones. Yeah, I'll agree that the OP was out to lunch in that particular thread. I was mildly amused with it. :)

pecker
01-25-2012, 06:45 PM

i know you want me to do the LEG WORK.:(
:scared0018:

BeeGuy
01-25-2012, 06:51 PM

Try Wisconsin

pecker
01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
thanks bee guy -- now thats what i like -- help on this forum. :test:

fish gunner
01-25-2012, 07:06 PM

lake cordalane(spelling??)idaho.my best abt 6 lbs but contains fish to 20lbs.

Cam T
01-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Rude! Selfish! Rude! WOW! Not much for acts of kindness from some of this crowd.

Shmag
01-25-2012, 11:36 PM
everybody knows that it would be so funny for a guy that has very little money and only gets out once a year to fuel up his peice of crap car, drive 2 hours punch a hole, have 6 million fresh water shrimp fill the top of his hole and not catch a thing,

I'm thinking the poor guy you speak of should of saved his gas, license, bait, and lunch money and drive to IGA and buy a fish.

pickrel pat
01-26-2012, 05:50 AM
I'm thinking the poor guy you speak of should of saved his gas, license, bait, and lunch money and drive to IGA and buy a fish.

but he loves to catch fish. he releases everything. doesnt like the taste of fish. why would he buy a dead fish at i.g.a?

Dale S
01-26-2012, 06:44 AM
What goes around comes around. I help out as much as I can on this forum.I just got a PM from a member with a great offer. I've shown Wayen Cristie some good sturgeon spots,in return he has shown me where he catches those nice walleyes.Dont think this would happen if I was a ******** or a lurker that doesnt say anything.You people need to get out of the city,its getting to you.

01-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Snubber been a very bad boy for bringing such a question up . How dare you voice your opinion on this forum , Shame shame . :rolleye2::rolleye2:

snubber
01-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Ya I didn't think this was gonna pull on so many people's panties.Thanks again BBJ lol :sign0007:

Stewie
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM

Ok so a guy asks what lakes are good for a certain fish… but doesn’t ask for spots or depth and drives out to the lake… sees a bunch of guys fishing in a certain area…. So sets up close to them…

THEN guess what…? On Monday have threads on here about “how some jackazz set up right beside me when I was fishing…”

This forum is for helping people out, and learning new things… if you don’t want to help out… then don’t read the posts bud

rammer
01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Ya I didn't think this was gonna pull on so many people's panties.Thanks again BBJ lol :sign0007:

haha ya maybe some people just overreact to things that are pretty insignificant...you think by page 3 of the thread you might have realized you have the same problem.

pickrel pat
01-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Snubber been a very bad boy for bringing such a question up . How dare you voice your opinion on this forum , Shame shame . :rolleye2::rolleye2:

o.k....... "john doe" has been a very very bad boy for bringing such a question up. How dare you ask questions about lakes on this forum , Shame shame . :rolleye2::rolleye2:

01-26-2012, 02:54 PM
o.k....... "john doe" has been a very very bad boy for bringing such a question up. How dare you ask questions about lakes on this forum , Shame shame . :rolleye2::rolleye2:

There's a huge difference in asking for general information , and asking for someones hot spot . Like come on . Doesn't take much brains to catch fish hell I can do it anyone can . Yes Im admitting to lack of smarts :lol: .

pickrel pat
01-26-2012, 03:36 PM
There's a huge difference in asking for general information , and asking for someones hot spot . Like come on . Doesn't take much brains to catch fish hell I can do it anyone can . Yes Im admitting to lack of smarts :lol: .

kind of like a young BBJ asking about a certian lake in the smoky lake region and its bass?????? " what are the quantitys being caught?" "are they big?"...... dont recall anybody telling you to "dont be lazy"," do the legwork", and if there was some bass present in the lake, there wouldnt be for very long if someone had answered "theres lots", and " there huge." and yes, everyone would agree that gps cordinates to a honey hole on the internet is a little overboard. but asking how the fishing is at a lake or directions to a lake is taboo? reread the op.........""slowly.""

Trophy Slayer
01-26-2012, 05:08 PM
kind of like a young BBJ asking about a certian lake in the smoky lake region and its bass?????? " what are the quantitys being caught?" "are they big?"...... dont recall anybody telling you to "dont be lazy"," do the legwork", and if there was some bass present in the lake, there wouldnt be for very long if someone had answered "theres lots", and " there huge." and yes, everyone would agree that gps cordinates to a honey hole on the internet is a little overboard. but asking how the fishing is at a lake or directions to a lake is taboo? reread the op.........""slowly.""

NICE!!!

Maybe people are just sad they can't catch fish at there "honey hole". So they cry on the forum. :sHa_shakeshout:

lovich12
01-26-2012, 05:20 PM
:party0052:

anthony5
01-26-2012, 05:38 PM
HOLY SMOKES, sure hope some fellas don't need a little help with directions in the near future:snapoutofit:

fish gunner
01-26-2012, 06:21 PM
HOLY SMOKES, sure hope some fellas don't need a little help with directions in the near future:snapoutofit:

lol,no doubt,I have been searching for a specific lake in cent AB for for some time ,I travel trochu - sundre & crossfield -innisvale most weeks.iam fairly personable with lots of the farmers in this area.I have maps and every hard resource i can find. but still cant locate the lake I seek. yes i can just go google it. to me that's not the point .no one in my local area has ever heard of this lake,that wont stop me. I fished a boat pond in the uk in winter, weeks of skunks &sticklebacks,folks walking by lookn at me funny,one day 10lb carp 2lb perch for my troubles ,effort =reward.yet I have no problem helping a honest guy out, what is a guide,taking people with no clue and giving all the knowledge,experience,he can to put them on fish.yet still skunks occur to the best.mellow,remember we are a brotherhood of anglers,not fishcatchers

anthony5
01-26-2012, 06:30 PM
fishgunner, WHEN you find this place DO NOT tell anyone and keep it all for yourself cause you did all the work, and just post pic's of lake X:sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie
01-26-2012, 06:34 PM
lol,no doubt,I have been searching for a specific lake in cent AB for for some time ,I travel trochu - sundre & crossfield -innisvale most weeks.iam fairly personable with lots of the farmers in this area.I have maps and every hard resource,I can find but still cant locate the lake I seek. yes i can just go google it. to me that's not the point .no one in my local area has ever heard of this lake,that wont stop me. I fished a boat pond in the uk in winter, weeks of skunks &sticklebacks,folks walking by lookn at me funny,one day 10lb carp 2lb perch for my troubles ,effort =reward.yet I have no problem helping a honest guy out, what is a guide,taking people with no clue and giving all the knowledge,experience,he can to put them on fish.yet still skunks occur to the best.mellow,remember we are a brotherhood of anglers,not fishcatchers

I had a lake like that, knew of a guy who fished it regularly, I searched for it for years, no one had ever heard of it, mostly because I had the frikkin name wrong! I was close but no cigar. found out last year its still there, but they flooded it to make Crawling valley reservoir :sHa_sarcasticlol: I dont mind helping people out, I have gotten lots of help myself, especially being new to this area. But when I post pics of some nice fish, and get tons of PMs asking for the exact location, because they really really want to go catch those fish too, not gonna happen. I can tell you the lake, but a little common sense and a whole lot of luck is how I find most of my spots, try the same thing and maybe you will get lucky too. Lots of resources out there, barry Mitchell, SRD maps, anglers atlas maps, and my favourite, Google earth is awesome for locating good fish holding areas. Ive met some awesome fisher people through this forum, and swapped locations with many of them, because I know the spots we would like to keep to ourselves dont go any further than those people and myself. When I get PMs from people, and I have had quite a few, with ZERO posts, I have no inclination to help them out for the most part. You give a little, you get a little.

anthony5
01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Wayne, nothing like giving a little info and getting a little info, kinda makes you feel good at the end of the day, even if no fish were caught:sHa_shakeshout:

carterM
01-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I think the thing that alot of people are forgetting is that alot of people aren't asking for information about lakes or rivers close to them. I know this doesn't apply to the "Can I get directions to a 20 inch rainbow within half an hour of my house" type of posts. But if somebody is looking to go drive half way across the province to try and fish a river or lake, they're going to want to get some information first. If you're planning on driving 3 or 4 hours to get to an area to fish, it sucks to be walking in blind. As has been said, if you can only make a trip like that a couple times of year, you want to make the most of it. And as much as some of us like to pretend otherwise, catching fish is always going to make a day more enjoyable. Granted, it's alot more rewarding if you had to work for that fish.

Also...this is nothing new. One of the best sources for information always has been and always will be the locals. The only difference is now you can contact the locals before you leave your house.

OrigNL cast
01-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Sharing information and stories is what a forum is all about. No point in getting upset over people asking, and there is no such thing as a dumb question. However, if you are going to ask questions here, you just have to keep in mind the source of the information. Every one here is a fisherman for #$%& sake!!!! I am sure even the apostles in the New Testament sat around and BS'd each other about their favorite spots.

Eddy62
01-28-2012, 06:10 AM

:angry3::snapoutofit::angry3:there is alot off past threads posted that will answer alot off questions,,,,,,,type in the search bar and you will be surprised what pops up:thinking-006:

jack88
01-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Snubber is right on the money with this whole thread.
Enough said.

LACOMBE JACKSON
01-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Isn't the information you don't want to give voluntary? Maybe you fellas can just read the question(or not) and move on. So I guess the solution might be, If a person asks a question, Don't answer it. Maybe the next member might fiind the question valid and they'll answer it for you. This is the kind of B.S. that started the slow and agonizing death of the other forum.Another possible solution is to start a "serious" fishing forum where no tips or info is given just pics of lake X's and the trophy fish they hold. Just my 2 cents.Well I gotta go. Looks like it's time to get to Gull-Brownlows Landing -West of the access road --Red Dodge truck--fishing for the almighty Jack :scared0018:

WayneChristie
01-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Isn't the information you don't want to give voluntary? Maybe you fellas can just read the question(or not) and move on. So I guess the solution might be, If a person asks a question, Don't answer it. Maybe the next member might fiind the question valid and they'll answer it for you. This is the kind of B.S. that started the slow and agonizing death of the other forum.Another possible solution is to start a "serious" fishing forum where no tips or info is given just pics of lake X's and the trophy fish they hold. Just my 2 cents.Well I gotta go. Looks like it's time to get to Gull-Brownlows Landing -West of the access road --Red Dodge truck--fishing for the almighty Jack :scared0018:

save me one, I will be at that same spot next Saturday :)

wolfman403
01-28-2012, 11:42 AM

EAST is that close enough:snapoutofit:

some guy
01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
I'd consider myself a lazy fisherman. When i go fishing I want to make the most of my time and I wanna do it the easiest, cheapest, most efficient and effortless way I can. So I end up buying fishing magazines that contain tips and techniques and maybe even the name of a local hotspot.:eek: Sometimes I may use some common sense. Eg: I don't drive my truck to the lake and then push it around on the ice. Sometimes I might even post a question on internet forums.:sign0068:

I'm also lazy on this forum. I could have made the above paragraph longer by adding more examples but I'm already losing my motivation to continue this ramble BUT I must tell you about my built in ignore function! I din't even have to buy it, it got stuck into my brain before I was born! It's always on and allows me to skip over the posts that don't interest me. It's kinda cool and it savse me enough energy to switch TV channels.

Could someone please fix my spelling errors. I'm feeling kinda lazy.

fishpro
01-28-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd consider myself a lazy fisherman. When i go fishing I want to make the most of my time and I wanna do it the easiest, cheapest, most efficient and effortless way I can. So I end up buying fishing magazines that contain tips and techniques and maybe even the name of a local hotspot.:eek: Sometimes I may use some common sense. Eg: I don't drive my truck to the lake and then push it around on the ice. Sometimes I might even post a question on internet forums.:sign0068:

I'm also lazy on this forum. I could have made the above paragraph longer by adding more examples but I'm already losing my motivation to continue this ramble BUT I must tell you about my built in ignore function! I din't even have to buy it, it got stuck into my brain before I was born! It's always on and allows me to skip over the posts that don't interest me. It's kinda cool and it savse me enough energy to switch TV channels.

As far as I'm concerned that isn't laziness, you are the type who is putting in the effort to learn techniques and places and figure stuff out. Magazines will give knowledge and info that can lead to figuring out waterbodies for yourself.

fish gunner
01-28-2012, 01:55 PM

lmfao, well said. hope reading this is not to taxing.

Bigdad013
01-28-2012, 02:30 PM
I never knew all you guys owned so many lakes.....I need a new job.

some guy
01-28-2012, 03:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned that isn't laziness, you are the type who is putting in the effort to learn techniques and places and figure stuff out. Magazines will give knowledge and info that can lead to figuring out waterbodies for yourself.

I usually read them when I'm sitting on the crapper or when I'm driving my truck. I usually don't want to put in the effort of just reading them. Sometimes I don't even put in the effort of reading them, I just look at the pictures. That's why I keep them with my Playboy collection.

Hey...Does anyone wanna buy a dipnet with a small hole in it? I'm too lazy to fix it so I wanna sell it. It has a pink bamboo handle and it's about 12 inches long. And while I'm at it I have some fishing line for sale too. It's about 6 feet long with a few nicks in it. Make me an offer. (I know there is a buy and sell topic but I'm just too lazy to post it there)

fish gunner
01-28-2012, 04:08 PM
I usually read them when I'm sitting on the crapper or when I'm driving my truck. I usually don't want to put in the effort of just reading them. Sometimes I don't even put in the effort of reading them, I just look at the pictures. That's why I keep them with my Playboy collection.

Hey...Does anyone wanna buy a dipnet with a small hole in it? I'm too lazy to fix it so I wanna sell it. It has a pink bamboo handle and it's about 12 inches long. And while I'm at it I have some fishing line for sale too. It's about 6 feet long with a few nicks in it. Make me an offer. (I know there is a buy and sell topic but I'm just too lazy to post it there)

I mite be interested in the dip net,5$ do u deliver, or is that a bit much effort, I have a rapala with no lip if you are open to trades

some guy
01-28-2012, 04:18 PM
I mite be interested in the dip net,5$ do u deliver, or is that a bit much effort, I have a rapala with no lip if you are open to trades

Sorry, no delivery. If you come and pick it up I will throw in a fishing rod. It's got a small crack in it and no guides but maybe you could use it for roasting marshmallows.

I was just cleaning the garage and found a bunch of hooks laying in the corner. Some are kinda straight and some are a little rusty. Are you interested?

fish gunner
01-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry, no delivery. If you come and pick it up I will throw in a fishing rod. It's got a small crack in it and no guides but maybe you could use it for roasting marshmallows.

I was just cleaning the garage and found a bunch of hooks laying in the corner. Some are kinda straight and some are a little rusty. Are you interested?

maybe the rod could be of some use yet,sorry not big on second hand hooks, if you would like I could perhaps tie flys on them for your own use. will double my bid on the dip net now have 2rapalas missing lips??

some guy
01-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Dipnet is sold.

Can you use a 4pc fly rod? It's missing 2 of the pieces and the dog chewed the cork a bit.

I'm off to cheer on the Roughnecks.
Go 'Necks Go!! :sHa_shakeshout::party0051:

CamoDerrick
02-09-2012, 11:24 PM
These forums need some sort of "like" and "dislike" buttons. I agree with many people in the previous pages, but there is so many posts since then it's not even worth bringing up.

I know personally when I try out a new lake I like to know at least the possible depth chart of these lakes to get a better advantage. But even that can be found on Alberta Atlas.

The forums are very useful in gathering information, it's too bad they get abused by the "lazy" crowd.

Jims71duster
02-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Do you actually know what the purpose of a forum is????? your rant is most likely one of the rudest things I have ever seen on this site and it gets bad here at times. A classic example of people treating others rudely because its the internet. If your don't want to respond to a simple request from someone who so obviously has less resources and time or skill than yourself then simply scroll on by and mind your own buisness. Those of us who want to help can click on it and,,,well,,,,help!! I have gotton lots of good info and met lots of nice people from this site, bought expensive items on a hand shake and simply by reading your post I hope to never have personal dealings with you,,,,,,sorry.

tara_13
02-10-2012, 08:44 AM
I personally dont have alot of knowledge about fishing... I am learning slowly and Im having alot of fun doing so. I read lots, look at videos and take drives and see people ice fish.

But its nice to come here and ask for some help or advice.. Knowing that someone does reply to my silly questions... that is something, I think is quite important to me. I go to different lakes or ponds that I see on a map thats not too far for me to drive alone. But sometimes, I dont know what to use for different fishing, I only learned trout... So if I come here and ask... Please, put up with my learning to fish.. disability...

Thanks..

Jamie Black R/T
02-10-2012, 09:52 AM
its funny how guys get all up in arms about doing legwork and research blah blah blah.

If you guys go out to the lakes or the local small town bait shop there will be guys in there who never sit in front of a computer and will help you find what you are looking for...tell you what to use and where to set up etc.

Ask on here and instantly you are lazy and a spoiled, spoon fed, brat....who has the false sense of entitlement again?? Dont want to help? then dont help....but dont look down your nose on a guy cause he doesnt want to burn three tanks of fuel to find a decent fish fry on the one weekend a year he can get out.

whole lot of assumptions on both sides of the arguement and your rant is rediculous...and in turn...my rant is also rediculous :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Who needs enemies when we can log onto AOF and attack our friends and peers! :snapoutofit:....tight lines boys and girls :grouphugg:

Saltmania
02-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Complaining on an online community about the online community you are complaining about and then expecting sympathy...

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m514/saltmania/eb6.jpg

Faststeel
02-10-2012, 11:15 AM
This thread reminds me a lot of the fellows that are always posting about wanting directions for a good gopher field, except that I'm thinking Jumbo perch may be a tad harder to find.
That fellow on the other Post with his nice perch, if he says where he is at, how many fishermen show up there next saturday and sunday, then how many more fishermen catch and keep every Jumbo they hook?

Seems to me as sportsmen on this forum we are pigs when it comes to harvesting this province's bounty. All the guys that think there should have been Cull tags for sheep instead of trying help Nebraska.

fish gunner
02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
I feel the form members,that participate in the discussions for the most part are the minority that respect the law or fish respectfuly as a rule.as for the lurkers probably the opposite.

kevinhits
02-11-2012, 11:01 AM
:party0052:

Love it!

Bush
02-11-2012, 02:31 PM
It seems if you want an honest opinion of where the fishing is good just ask the guy behind the till at your bait shop. Usually they ask where your heading and most fisherman don't spill their guts. Ask that guy or gal after all the better your fishing is the more bait and tackle they are going to sell so they are going to send you where the fish are!!

I do this 4-5 times a year and have never been skunked taking the advise

MitchR
02-12-2012, 12:15 AM
I couldn't agree more with the OP. like, if I can find a decent spot on the disgusting slough they call eagle lake, then you should be able to find your own spot too.