PDA

View Full Version : Gull lake Feb 4

WayneChristie
01-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Looking at visiting Rocky on the 4th, Id love to drag flygirrl kicking and screaming out on the ice, shes just a bit nervous when its less than 6 feet thick. :bad_boys_20: was wondering if anyone would be interested in an informal get together on the lake? It would be nice to meet some of you from up north way, and maybe catch a fish or two.

Rockymtnx
01-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Depending on work I wouldnt mind meeting up with you on Gull that day.

WayneChristie
01-26-2012, 08:46 PM
we wont be hard up for entertainment, just need someone to drive by within a half mile and flygirrl literally levitates off the ice and teaches us some interesting words from the east coast. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Hunter Trav
01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Will have to keep you posted, but might be able to get out and join you.

Rabdo
01-26-2012, 10:00 PM
i wish i could, maybe next time! :bad_boys_20:

oh, and the gull lake ice is super loud!

WayneChristie
01-26-2012, 10:03 PM
i wish i could, maybe next time! :bad_boys_20:

oh, and the gull lake ice is super loud!

awesome, you have to icefish with flygirrl to fully appreciate good loud ice :sHa_sarcasticlol:

chriscosta
01-27-2012, 09:12 AM
never been to gull but I've been wanting to maybe ill "pack my bag" and see ya there well see it'd be nice:bad_boys_20:

fish gunner
01-27-2012, 09:49 AM
grand idea will see if I can get the wheels in motion.:sHa_shakeshout:

caljouw2003
01-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Gull is my favourite ice fishing lake. I would be more that happy to tag along or guide witch ever the case may be. I don't post much on here if i have a question i just do a search and get my answer (most of my posts are answering questions i am able to), and your posts have answered a lot of my questions so i figure it is only fair that if you are comming up my way i should show you around my favourite lake. PM me if you would like to set some thing up.

Cheers.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
01-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Count me in . Where do you think were gonna go on at ? Ill see if I cant drag a few straglers with me Posse , Anvil and Geezle perhaps even Mooseknuckle .

mooseknuckle
01-27-2012, 03:32 PM
I may be down with that!

jts1
01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Cant make it that day bud. But stop by my house on your way. Will give you the fatfish heater etc etc. Not going to fit everyone in yours. We have something for you and Cathy anyways.

Hunter Trav
01-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Where do you think were gonna go on at ?

With there being very little snow cover on the lake, you can get on and go just about anywhere. Makes it easy to get away from the shanty cities and get into the fish...:D

slingshotz
01-27-2012, 04:57 PM
That sounds like a good idea. We haven't really had a large AO gathering this winter. Wife should be back from Finland and slightly recovered from the jet lag I hope.

jkind
01-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Sounds like it could be fun...and maybe I will catch my first fish out of Gull in 17 years...I guess I've only fished it 4 or 5 times in that time. :eek:

Another bonus of catching a whitefish is it will make my mother happy as I am a catch and release kind of guy and haven't taken her any fish for a while.

If nothing comes up I will try to meet you guys there...just give me time and place.

Jim

skiwili
01-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I am coming too. It is nice to meet other AO member. :sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie
01-27-2012, 05:42 PM
I am coming too. It is nice to meet other AO member. :sHa_shakeshout:

sounds like it will be a good time, last time we went on at Brownlows I believe, didnt have to go very far out and got into some nice fish, if theres somewhere better and the ice is good Im up for anywhere.
skiwili Im going to hit Jackfish tomorrow and catch that hog that stole your bait last time!

calgarygringo
01-27-2012, 05:45 PM
So what would we be targetting at that area as far as bait/lures go. One of the lakes I have never fished before. We could discuss tomorrow after I pull moby dick out of the hole. :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcastic lol:

WayneChristie
01-27-2012, 05:47 PM
So what would we be targetting at that area as far as bait/lures go. One of the lakes I have never fished before. We could discuss tomorrow after I pull moby dick out of the hole. :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcastic lol:

we shall see, I have the magic bait now, :sHa_shakeshout: last time we caught pike and some big burbs, mine was over 8 pounds, the burb that is. saw some big perch as well. burb hit like a pike, almost took the rod out of my hand! walleye and whites in there as well

calgarygringo
01-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I will bring a mix of things to try then.

WayneChristie
01-27-2012, 05:56 PM
I will bring a mix of things to try then.

always good to bring mix :bad_boys_20:

skiwili
01-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Wayne, you can have it it was only around 5 pounds :sHa_sarcasticlol:. I prepared a very good smelly breaskfast for my big pike. cant wait for tomorrow :sHa_shakeshout:.

I should be at jackfish around 8 am.

calgarygringo
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Don't pull the big one until after we get there. Should be there 830 ish.

drake
01-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Im gonna try and make it......if the AO brass allows me :)

P.S Ill be wearing my BP vest incase any of you hillbillies get any ideas lol

WayneChristie
01-27-2012, 06:46 PM
should be a good time, lots of AO members Id like to meet, and lots Ive already met.

drake
01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
ill bring the beers....and a DD :)

The Anvil
01-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Count me in . Where do you think were gonna go on at ? Ill see if I cant drag a few straglers with me Posse , Anvil and Geezle perhaps even Mooseknuckle .

Ok Count me in!

If the park warden needs the wheels that weekend, I will see if I can catch a ride with BBJ perhaps.

I Wouldn't mind getting out and meeting new members, always have a good laugh at these gatherings.

Cheers!

Tyangelo
01-28-2012, 12:01 AM
I'll try to make it as well, but no guarantees. Working with lots of bands in the studio as of late, so I fly by many schedules.

pelada trochu
01-28-2012, 10:52 PM
i would like to join you guys

i dont have any gear other than rod reel and tackle.
havent caught a perch in over 20 years, would be nice to bring a couple home as game warden has me on a diet now so fish is on the approved menu.

might as well have find a way to make the best of it!

does anyone have a spare hole?

WayneChristie
01-29-2012, 07:34 AM
i would like to join you guys

i dont have any gear other than rod reel and tackle.
havent caught a perch in over 20 years, would be nice to bring a couple home as game warden has me on a diet now so fish is on the approved menu.

might as well have find a way to make the best of it!

does anyone have a spare hole?

most of us Im sure have an auger, spare holes are never a problem, no worries there

Hunter Trav
01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
So where are you guys gonna put on at??? If your gonna do Brownlows, I would suggest getting out away from the crowds, the fishing is better when you do...

WayneChristie
01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
So where are you guys gonna put on at??? If your gonna do Brownlows, I would suggest getting out away from the crowds, the fishing is better when you do...

Only fished it once, but close to shore at Brownlows and did pretty good. depends on what the ice is like I guess, hopefully someone can keep an eye on it this week and let us know. Its hard to get flygirrl out on less than 8 feet thick ice, but we can try. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Rumtan
01-31-2012, 05:21 AM
As luck would have it......I was headed there anyway on Saturday, Count me and the ragged bunch of wayward fishermen I hang around with in ! ! !

Hunter Trav
01-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Only fished it once, but close to shore at Brownlows and did pretty good. depends on what the ice is like I guess, hopefully someone can keep an eye on it this week and let us know. Its hard to get flygirrl out on less than 8 feet thick ice, but we can try. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Lots of ice on Gull right now. Was close to 2' on the north end, so I'm sure the rest of the lake is roughly the same. If I'm able to stop by I will, but if you guys are gonna sit in shantyville, I'll just swing by to say hello and probably move on out away from everyone. That lake just seems to fish better when your not with the herd...:D

Rockymtnx
01-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Lots of ice on Gull right now. Was close to 2' on the north end, so I'm sure the rest of the lake is roughly the same. If I'm able to stop by I will, but if you guys are gonna sit in shantyville, I'll just swing by to say hello and probably move on out away from everyone. That lake just seems to fish better when your not with the herd...:D

You sure seem to be stuck on this being a loner for some reason….. what’s up with that is there something you wanna tell us? ;)

What about when I am the first guy on the ice and set up by myself. Then when I come out of my tent with my limit at 8:20 am to find out I’m right in the center of shanty city? I can’t help that I attract people. LOL

Hunter Trav
01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
For whatever reason I've never had good luck on that lake setting up in a crowd. If I'm the first one and everyone else joins me its probably a different story. I don't mind fishing in a group, if I know the people it can be a blast, but sometimes a guy just needs time to himself...;)

Tyangelo
01-31-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm with ya there. I would suggest going on by the village, just slightly east of Browlows. Never a crowd, and always had decent luck.

WayneChristie
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm with ya there. I would suggest going on by the village, just slightly east of Browlows. Never a crowd, and always had decent luck.

works for me, Ive only been on the ice at that lake once, so some knowledge from you regulars is always a good idea. 2 feet should last til the weekend I hope! doesnt matter to me if I fish in a crowd or alone, I still catch fish :bad_boys_20: well, ok, sometimes I catch fish.

pikehunter1989
01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Sounds like it might be quite the gathering. Might head that way if I don't hit Wabamun.

ORV
01-31-2012, 09:25 PM
As luck would have it......I was headed there anyway on Saturday, Count me and the ragged bunch of wayward fishermen I hang around with in ! ! !

who you calling ragged billy? lol

looks like you will add 2 more to add to the mix.

i prefer brownlows area as well.

more later.

orv.

Tyangelo
02-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Looks like I'll be driving the old lady to Calgary that morning, so I'll be hitting it up on the way back, at the location I suggested. Access is right east of the switchbacks before Brownlow's. About 2' of ice. Drove my Ford Focus on with no prob. Sand flat out to about 3/4 km out, weed line on your left. I had some killer spots marked out of my GPS...which I decided to leave on the hood of my car as I was leaving Wabamun last Sunday...:sign0161::mad3:

I'll more than likely be rockin' the one man HT-quick hut, as my 6 man is in need of some repair... Will have a black Focus hatchback, with the red Eskimo parked in the driveway, and the pile of fish outside.:bad_boys_20:

Hunter Trav
02-01-2012, 08:38 AM
So your pretty much right out in front of that campground between the curves then Ty? I've only fished there in the summer, but got some nice pike in that area. I've been hitting the north end of the lake the past few times out there, so it would be alright to try somewhere new. The access your talking about, it it the turn off right after the store, at the west end of the village? Just before the access to Aspen Beach?

Rumtan
02-01-2012, 09:07 AM
who you calling ragged billy? lol

looks like you will add 2 more to add to the mix.

i prefer brownlows area as well.

more later.

orv.

Did I say ragged?...I meant chisled....yeah thats it....chisled lol

Oh and congratulations on winning an earlybird prize !

ORV
02-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Did I say ragged?...I meant chisled....yeah thats it....chisled lol

Oh and congratulations on winning an earlybird prize !

good thing we will have snow suits on. lol

yes that was a bonus!!!

happy to support a good cause as well.!

mayuan
02-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Looks fun, I'm interested in some gull fishing.

ssyd
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
My buddies and I were talking about going down there this weekend for some whites. I've never fished it and it would be awesome to meet you guys. Maybe you guys could teach us a few things too :)

Tyangelo
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
It's the only access point before the curves. You'll see it. Looks I'll be available in the morning after all. I'll be there before sun up. Looking to redo my fat perch session from last weekend, and maybe snag that giant burb I saw cruise through my hole.... Scared the crap outta me.

Hunter Trav
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah ok, its the one I was thinking of. Perch you say eh? I'm always up for some perch...:D

WayneChristie
02-01-2012, 05:34 PM
It's the only access point before the curves. You'll see it. Looks I'll be available in the morning after all. I'll be there before sun up. Looking to redo my fat perch session from last weekend, and maybe snag that giant burb I saw cruise through my hole.... Scared the crap outta me.

put a hook in it they like stinky bait :scared0018: Im after the burbs too.

solocam3
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I think there is gun show that day at HALL A in Northlands Trade Center (ex. Agricom). Historical arms society GUN SHOW. feb 4. Just FYI

Monster Pike Man
02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Have fun guys. There's alot of people i know going so should be non stop laughs.

Rumtan
02-02-2012, 08:34 AM
The menu in our tent maybe changed from froi gras to albacore smoked tuna with onion and garlic over a soft bed of rice.

Monster Pike Man
02-02-2012, 08:47 AM
The menu in our tent maybe changed from froi gras to albacore smoked tuna with onion and garlic over a soft bed of rice.

Haha. Catch a fish a replace the tuna with it.....

Rumtan
02-02-2012, 08:56 AM
My dear wife brought me back some smoked tuna from BC.......cant replace love with anything !

Monster Pike Man
02-02-2012, 09:04 AM
My dear wife brought me back some smoked tuna from BC.......cant replace love with anything !

That's true Murray.

Tyangelo
02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
My menu of choice will likely be Subway... Haha. Stoked to try out the 1 man!

Rockymtnx
02-02-2012, 12:22 PM
What time are you guys all meeting up out there?
What is everyone driving? I think I have seen pics of Waynes white regular cab Chevy before.

02-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Wayne I will no longer be able to attend , just got off the phone with a fella who just ordered 450 bucktails to which I have no supply of , so Im out for this weekend . I wanted to be there hell I even had my gear ready . Unless a miricle happens I will not be there Saturday :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Albertadiver
02-02-2012, 12:56 PM
What time are you guys all meeting up out there?
What is everyone driving? I think I have seen pics of Waynes white regular cab Chevy before.

Just look for it stuck in a snow drift. That's where wayne will be.

Would have liked to join, but I'm in Olds for the day Saturday.

Rumtan
02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
We will be heading out from Sherwood Park at approx 6am.....2 stops and we are on the highway to freedom ! "They will never take our freedom" (spoken in my best Scottish accent)

WayneChristie
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
white Sierra, no stickin this year with the territories and chains all the way around. no frikkin snow either, now I have to find a mudhole! Not sure on the time yet, hopefully early, but depends on what day I can pick up the camper . PM me for my cell if you dont have it already .

Rockymtnx
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Would have liked to join, but I'm in Olds for the day Saturday.
Poor excuse bud! Look at me I was planning on being in Calgary Sat morning, but now Im going fishing. Pull some strings and make it happen.

WayneChristie
02-02-2012, 06:20 PM
this is my truck, minus all the snow now
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF1676.jpg fish out of a black 4 man subzero.

Rumtan
02-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Great pic Wayne.......looks as cold as my ex-wifes heart !

WayneChristie
02-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Great pic Wayne.......looks as cold as my ex-wifes heart !

my ex had just driven by :scared0018:

ZeeFishing
02-03-2012, 08:14 AM
sounds like fun, im gonna try to come it would be cool to meet you all. I’ll be driving a Grey Ford F250

Tyangelo
02-03-2012, 08:26 AM
As mentioned, black Ford Focus hatchback. Just follow the sound of the screaming perch...

ZeeFishing
02-03-2012, 08:29 AM
what does a screaming perch sound like?

Hunter Trav
02-03-2012, 08:46 AM
You gonna be setup right at first light Ty?

Tyangelo
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Read my sig...

Hunter Trav
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Read my sig...

Guess I really didn't need to ask...LOL :D

Rockymtnx
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Well guys sadly it looks like I am going miss out on this one.
My fishing time this month is VERY limited (tomorrow is my only day) and I got invited to go to Lake X with fellow Pure Fishing pro staffer and owner of Reel Angling Adventures for a day in search of some perch.
Sorry guys next time I will try to make it!

drake
02-03-2012, 10:38 AM
im not going to make it either....have fun guys

Hunter Trav
02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Well guys sadly it looks like I am going miss out on this one.
My fishing time this month is VERY limited (tomorrow is my only day) and I got invited to go to Lake X with fellow Pure Fishing pro staffer and owner of Reel Angling Adventures for a day in search of some perch.
Sorry guys next time I will try to make it!

Too good for us common folk eh...:rolleye2: :D

fish gunner
02-03-2012, 11:58 AM
would like to make it out, however my blazer has blew the heater core.any one coming from down south with room for one and gear.more than willing to buy lunch,pay gas and provide gear,ect.

Kim473
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Can someone please post a map where you all are going on at. Never been to gull so I don't have any idea where brownlows is??

02-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Can someone please post a map where you all are going on at. Never been to gull so I don't have any idea where brownlows is??

Kim im working on one for Wayne , one from Calgary and one From Edmonton were just trying to decide what township road it is . Ill post back once I know .

jkind
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I think Brownlows is range road 10.

Jim

Tyangelo
02-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Like I said, I myself won't be going to brownlows. Too many people for my liking (ya,I know, always whining...) For those going, it's RR 10, going north from highway 12. I get on just west of RR283, right in the southern most tip of the lake. Only access point there. Brownlows is another 2 mins west.

Hunter Trav
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah I won't be going over to Brownlows either. I'm gonna go and fish Ty's spots since he was kind enough to advertise it for us...:D

jkind
02-03-2012, 01:37 PM
So the plan is to circle the wagons around a little black Focus so we can intercept any fish heading to Ty's magic bait??? :scared0018: :bad_boys_20:

Sounds good!

Hunter Trav
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
So the plan is to circle the wagons around a little black Focus so we can intercept any fish heading to Ty's magic bait??? :scared0018: :bad_boys_20:

Sounds good!

Yeah, pretty much...:D

Tyangelo
02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Bring your admission...$2.00.

Hunter Trav
02-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Bring your admission...$2.00.

Will you take a cheque???

The Anvil
02-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Hey gang,

See you all there, going to be heading out in the AM.

Cheers!

pelada trochu
02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
im new to this ice fishing thing,
will like to come and meet you guys
dont have an auger or tent so will be looking for some assitance there.

shouldnt be too hard to find an extra hole i expect.

Especially after we have the "alberta's fastest ice auger contest".

If we are expecting more than a couple, maybe we should have a little mini derby or poker fish derby. Catch a perch, pick a card, next is walleye, pike and so on.

Rumtan
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
im new to this ice fishing thing,
will like to come and meet you guys
dont have an auger or tent so will be looking for some assitance there.

shouldnt be too hard to find an extra hole i expect.

Especially after we have the "alberta's fastest ice auger contest".

If we are expecting more than a couple, maybe we should have a little mini derby or poker fish derby. Catch a perch, pick a card, next is walleye, pike and so on.

But I have the brain of a spawned burbot.....i couldnt remember the rules if they were written infront of me......but eating is another thing.....hmmmm

WayneChristie
02-03-2012, 05:17 PM
But I have the brain of a spawned burbot.....i couldnt remember the rules if they were written infront of me......but eating is another thing.....hmmmm

X2! just heading for Rocky now, see you guys at Gull in the morning. Fish On! :sHa_shakeshout:

Kim473
02-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Sorry, wish I could make it. Got home from work and the wife has the day all planed for me. A little shopping, a little house reno (furniture moving), you all know. Would really like to meet more people on here. Thanks for the map BBJ. I now know where brownlows is.

Have fun!

Tyangelo
02-03-2012, 07:12 PM
I may...have picked up a brand new Aqua Vu 710 cam... Ultra excited too see it go up against my old Fish TV 7!

The Anvil
02-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Truck is packed and ready to go....

Who is all coming out to Gull tomorrow and where exactly are people meeting at, besides brownlows Landing?

Wouldn't mind getting into some Burbs, perhaps a white.

Driving a 2000 White Dodge Ram 2500 Reg Cab, Red two man hub tent.

Cheers

Tyangelo
02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
I'll be there before sunup, by Aspen Beach.

mayuan
02-03-2012, 10:40 PM
anyone bringing their dog?

Springer
02-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Ah man ,if it was sunday i would have joined Ya'all. I am fishing Phylis Lake tomorrow but would have done Sunday,to bad i just read this because plans are in place already..Have a great time.

Tyangelo
02-04-2012, 12:09 AM
If I can find room in the car somehow after, I'll bring my giant black lab. No promises though.

Rockymtnx
02-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Good luck to all you AOers out there tomorrow.
Make sure to take lots of pics for those of us who cant make it.

mayuan
02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
At Gull now where is everyone?

sallanh
02-04-2012, 08:57 AM
was out to gull last weekend and had lots of luck,, so were gonna head out too..navy f150 with maroon tent...

its always 420 in our tent:bad_boys_20:

ZeeFishing
02-04-2012, 09:30 AM
crap i slept in. hope your all having fun and good luck. cant wait to see some pic’s

WayneChristie
02-04-2012, 08:58 PM
It was a great day for suntanning and bsing with new and old friends' not many fish on the ice but still a awesome day. I did see a pike an two burbs one of which was well over ten pounds and swam through my hole just under the ice.

WayneChristie
02-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Ok Im on a real computer for the moment. Just want to say, it was a great day, met a lot of members for the first time, fish or no fish it was a beautiful day to catch a few rays , drown some bait, and make some new friends. Oh, and rumtan, dude you are just plain weird, but in my circles, thats a good thing, Id be proud to fish with you anyday:sHa_shakeshout: whole bunch of good people on the lake today, except the azzclown on the noisy quad, man, if you want to impress people, stick your head down an icehole and count to 2000, that would do it for me! notice how everyone on the lake immediately rushed to your aid when you finally got stuck in the snowdrift???? we have to do this again this summer, down in my neck of the woods, catch some interesting fish and maybe even a few sturgeon.

Rumtan
02-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Had a blast out there with everyone except the fish......only one fish landed by our group and that was a pike. I had hoped for a white fish-a-palooza but it was not to be. The food was exceptional again (thanks Raptor) and great meeting everyone. I am not sure who took the pics but there maybe one of everyone as a group, I hope they post it.

ORV
02-05-2012, 01:22 PM
yes it was a beautiful day! we met some new people
& got to say hi again to some old friends. bbj, wayne, rumtan.
btw rumtan.
holly says thanks for the christmas present.

p.s. i think she likes the beard! lmao!

looking forward to seeing you again buddy!

jkind
02-05-2012, 05:56 PM
My first attempt of a fishing video from Saturday...

http://youtu.be/lW0NIS-mXLk

angrybeaver
02-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Great video!

I was at Gull on Saturday...I'm sorry I never officially met you and the gang. I was amongst the AO group

Rockymtnx
02-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Anyone take any pics for those of us who couldnt make it?

ZeeFishing
02-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Thats awesome that you guys had a great time, wish I was there. Hopefully there will be another gathering soon that I can join.

Where are the pic’s?

The Anvil
02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Here is a group shot of some of those who were in attendance

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/IMG_1372.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/IMG_1375.jpg

didn't take any other pics

WayneChristie
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Here is a group shot of some of those who were in attendance

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/IMG_1372.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/IMG_1375.jpg

didn't take any other pics

what a bunch of grumpy lookin old men in the first pic! must have been tired from hauling in all the big fish! the 2 with the beards look the worst, I guess the institute took away their razors again. :sHa_sarcasticlol: too bad you didnt get a picture of flygirrl coming out of her chair when the ice cracked, Im pretty sure there was a blue cloud around her, the language even made me blush!!! great bunch of people, we need to have a bunch down south this summer for sturgeon and Bull Shirt.

Thanks for posting the pics, even without fish it was a great day, got a head start on my tan too.

pelada trochu
02-06-2012, 07:54 PM
i had fun. thanks to all for making me feel welcome.

i had a strike and got a sunburn. but you couldnt ask for better weather.

cheers all.

Rockymtnx
02-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Who's the hippy in the back row dead centre? Wearing a black touque. ;)

WayneChristie
02-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Who's the hippy in the back row dead centre? Wearing a black touque. ;)

I dont know, he just seems to show up at these events, catch most of the fish, and vanish back into the shadows. except this time, that damn Matt guy hogged all the fish, including that jumbo 6 inch monster pike!

Kim473
02-07-2012, 06:13 AM
My first attempt of a fishing video from Saturday...

http://youtu.be/lW0NIS-mXLk

Great video!

Notice that the perch at the end kinda liked to take the hook when it was falling. Next time they are staring your hook down, give this a try. Drop your hook into the sand and let it sit there or 1" off the bottom and jig into the sand. Works for me sometimes when they are just staring at it.

What camera were you useing? Pics were pretty clear.

Rumtan
02-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Wayne had said he wanted to do his best "garden gnome" impersonation.......I thought it was spot on !

jkind
02-07-2012, 06:58 AM
My camera is a 10 or 12 year old AquaVu Z series.