PDA

View Full Version : Mikisew sport fishing

ALBTUFF
01-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Looking for info. Anyone been with this outfit? some buddies and I would like to do a fly in fishing trip and this place looks pretty good. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanx
ALBTUFF

dfrobert
01-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Done 2 different trips with Mikisew. Good times. Boats and motors were good. Get the whole lake to yourself. Great eating pike and lakers. Cabins are decent and they have upgraded to solar power in some of their camps.

There was a TON of forest fire activity up there last year when we were fishing. We could see the burns happening about 15 miles away right from our cabin. I would get in touch with Mikisew and see what lakes burnt last year. I know one group had an emergency evacutation via float plane last summer. What time of year are you planning on going? What lake?

fishpro
01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
I went up to Burstall Lake with them once, great fishing at a great value. I'd highly recommend them!

genoel
01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
In August I will be taking a Mikisew trip for the 8th consecutive year, so that will tell you what I think of them. I absolutely love what they have to offer and highly recommend them. Tim is top notch and has always gone out of his way to accomadate my wishes. I have gone with as many as 5 of my friends as well as going with my wife and son 3 times. They love the experience as well and the 3 of us are going again this year with another couple and their 3 year old daughter, so it is truly an adventure for anyone. I have only stayed at 2 of the lakes and visited a 3rd but I do love the one that I will be visiting for the 7th time this year. Please shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions and I will try and help in any way I can. Can't wait!! :):):)

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/genoel3/Ryan%20Lake%202011/IMG_1768.jpg

ALBTUFF
01-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Thanx for the info. Im thinking McLelland or Loutit lakes. I would like to go in June. Should be a blast. I have wanted to do this trip for 3 years now but for the last 2 the groups have ditch out when it was time to cough up the money. Hopefully this year.

Walleye101
01-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Loutit Lake is a Walleye BUFFET!!! I am not exagerating. This Lake is a true gem! I highly recommend it in June! That is the best time. You will catch an average of 3 lbs Walleye with the occassional giant! And not to mention the big Pike! There are some monsters there. Take a gun or some bear bangers though. Friends of mine went last year and had a black bear on the island. He never bothered them though. I was talking with a Native guy and he said there is record Perch swimming in there too? The next time I go I'm going to take a day to target them. Beautiful Lake!!!!

misty water
01-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Went to Loutit Lake last year and the fishing was excellent from 20+lb pike to tons of walleye. Tim the owner treated us excellent he met us at the the airport and was able to answer any questions we had. I highly recommend Mikisew.

Gonefishing2
02-13-2012, 05:43 PM
I have been her almost every year for the past 8 years, and have always had an enjoyable time. Tim is fantastic, and the fishing has been the same. The last time I was there was in June and July of last year. Like always we had a great time. My friends and I don't drink so all we do is eat, sleep and fish. And we don't do much sleeping. I figure I can do that at home. Pike to 20+ along with lake trout in some of the lakes and walleye in some others. Some of the lakes a tea stained and some and clear. The cabins are great and most have been upgraded to have a solar powered frig, and outlets.

I am from California, but check this posting from time to time so ask any questions and I will try to tell you all that I know.

marlin1
02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
we used them a long time ago when they were still fairly new , was a great trip to Charles , would gladly use them again .

Gonefishing2
05-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Anyone heard from Tim. I have been trying to get ahold of him to book a trip in June. I have heard that they might not open this year and was trying to confirm this information.

genoel
05-17-2012, 04:24 AM
Anyone heard from Tim. I have been trying to get ahold of him to book a trip in June. I have heard that they might not open this year and was trying to confirm this information.

X2 Someone please tell me Tim is up and running this year! GN

diggerrigger
05-17-2012, 08:30 AM
He is active and we leave in a week.

bmk100
05-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Yep...heading to Charles North June 1'st.

genoel
05-18-2012, 02:28 AM

Yahoo! Great to hear. We go up in August for my 8th consecutive year with Mikisew and I can't wait! GN :):):)

Flight01
05-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Fished with These guys a couple of years ago in September and the lakers were at the surface. No downriggin just spoons. Caught a ton of pike from 5 to 15 lbs and quite a few lakers while trolling the cliffs but none that would make the Lunker list. Wylie was a great time and if your ever there look at the map on the cabin wall to find the channel to no name lake, it's more scenic and has good trout as well.