PDA

View Full Version : no bait at siebert? ??

chriscosta
01-27-2012, 12:13 PM
do I have this correct you can't use any bait at Gilbert not even winter or can i??? id like to know cuz I don't wanna fish without bait that's crazy

MoFugger21
01-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Seibert Lake
June 1 to Mar. 31 – Walleye limit 1 over 50 cm; Pike limit 1 over 100 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10; Bait Ban
Apr. 1 to May 31 – CLOSED

So yes, it appears you do have the bait ban correct.

full_throttle
01-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Siebert is a no bait lake. So keep your eyes and ears open!

Athabasca
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
do I have this correct you can't use any bait at Gilbert not even winter or can i??? id like to know cuz I don't wanna fish without bait that's crazy

No bait at all anytime of the year, this includes sented baits like gulps. I believe it is to keep it as a trophy lake. Back in the 70s, 80s it was a trophy lake and a special Lisence was needed.

Stewie
01-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Trohpy Lake = Bait Ban

rammer
01-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Trohpy Lake = Bait Ban

Trophy lake = Siebert lake = no bait = 2 for 1 drinking in the boat tickets

chriscosta
01-27-2012, 12:57 PM
well no wonder nobody barely catches in the winter I know in summer its awesome but I'm not wasting my time to try n fluke off with no bait I'm leaning towards Baptiste or cross now depending on the crowds I encounter but utikama sounds like a blast so who knows

Stewie
01-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Trophy lake = Siebert lake = no bait = 2 for 1 drinking in the boat tickets

very true...

Safety D
01-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Siebert has been really dead for pike that past few years. Anyone know why? Walleye fishing has been good though

rammer
01-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Siebert has been really dead for pike that past few years. Anyone know why? Walleye fishing has been good though

Didn't find it too bad this summer, but definately is tougher to find the big ones than it was a few years ago. Defaintely isn't over fishing...

fishunter77
01-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Not as good as it use to be.

wallycranker
01-27-2012, 07:15 PM

The pike fishing hasnt changed there in about 12 years just gotta get on em.

LacLaBicheNS
01-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Seibert has been losing water for years. Every year the water is lower and lower.. I'm sure this has something to do with the fishing. That and I think the walleye are starting to take over the lake.

Penner
01-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Lake is fished hard during the summer. Campground is full every weekend. All the of the big pike are being kept.

DuckBrat
01-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Lake is fished hard during the summer. Campground is full every weekend. All the of the big pike are being kept.

Very true, sadly.

fish gunner
01-28-2012, 11:42 AM
I think you guys are showing that given every advantage the fish are still facing undue pressure,wonder what the infraction rate is.I like the 2 for 1 alcohol tickets, in my opinion all water ways in alberta would benefit from such extreme policing .making albertas water ways safe for us all.

rammer
01-28-2012, 11:50 AM

Didn't realize it was so popular, guess I've been lucky the times I've been out there the last few years as there is usually only 2 or 3 other boats on the lake.

I'm all for the policing of the lakes as well and definately deserved the ticket and it was hilarious and well worth the money, but almost seems like a waste to use 2 fish cops on such a small lake when there has only been a few fisherman when i have been there. I suppose they patrol the neighbouring lakes as well, but does seem like a waste of resources to have them stationed right by Siebert.

Levy
01-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Didn't realize it was so popular, guess I've been lucky the times I've been out there the last few years as there is usually only 2 or 3 other boats on the lake.

I'm all for the policing of the lakes as well and definately deserved the ticket and it was hilarious and well worth the money, but almost seems like a waste to use 2 fish cops on such a small lake when there has only been a few fisherman when i have been there. I suppose they patrol the neighbouring lakes as well, but does seem like a waste of resources to have them stationed right by Siebert.
When i fish there in the winter i usually meet the COs in the evenings on Siebert when they are coming back from checking out the lakes in lakeland park. There are six or seven lakes there that they can easily pop in on. I think the tax payers are getting more bang for their buck in the winter.

Stewie
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM

Yep...

Seems pretty stupid to have a "Trophy Lake" and all you can keep are the Trophies...

I think all Trophy Lakes should be catch and release...

Penner
01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Yep...

I think all Trophy Lakes should be catch and release...

Agreed as long as it was for all species!