PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Travers

niwrek
01-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey there I have been to travers 3 days in a row. At the park go right from launch, catch fish....
Caught one about 8" a few bites, lots of other peiople fishing there, no luck either.

Is it worth trying near the dam south??? No give aways just a yes or no. Gonna try anyway but a pat on the back would be good!!!

calgarygringo
01-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Go right, fish in the channel, catch fish, mostly smaller but saying that odds are that you will eventually fall into a keeper or 2. Ask Waynce Christie he will tell you there are only minnows there and ask JTS1 and he will tell you they taste good out of that spot. Like eveything else work the spot and the bait and you will have fun. Is it the best spot, no but I find when the wind is blowing like a hurricane it is usually pretty sheltered and at least you can fish without getting blown away.

WayneChristie
01-27-2012, 06:27 PM
if the water is clear its good fishing, if its clear as mud not so much. you should give newell a shot sometime, same kinds of fish and clear water.

MoFugger21
01-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I haven't fished down at the park this year, but have heard it's been beyond slow since before Christmas. The problem is when the ice isn't thick enough to drive on, anywhere around the park gets pounded, cause that's where lots of people head to.

Grab yourself a bathymetry map from the SRD website, and look for structures (drop offs, points, etc) that would provide a good ambush feeding area for pike and walleye, and you're set- though access to some of the spots can be limited if you can't drive. But the access' I know of are at the park, the NE end at the spillway, the E dam, and I'm not sure about the resort... Think that access is private. Anyways, grabbing yourself a map is a good start! Good luck!

anthony5
01-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Be dam careful at the east end 100' of water+:sign0161: Stay close to shore and you will more than likely be ok if driving. PM me and I can get you where you need to go.