PDA

View Full Version : whites in Pine lake

coors04
01-27-2012, 09:57 PM
now before I start I'm going to warn you my spelling and grammar isn't great.

Now I know there aren't any white fish in pine lake but how do you guys feel about the idea of fisheries stocking whites in pine lake. There are no burbot in pine that I know of but to those of you who have fished pine you all know that there's a incredible amount of fresh water shrimp. I believe that if pine was stocked with whites they would grow huge massive maybe a new Alberta record. I'm no expert but I do know that pike love to eat soft finned whites and that almost every lake that has whites has way bigger pike. Having whites in pine will create more food for the pike and walleye and take some of the pressure off the perch. I don't believe that whites hurt the pike or walleye numbers because they eat there eggs while they are trying to spawn but maybe I'm wrong. All I'm saying is I think if there was whites in pine they would be huge the pike would be huge there would be better and bigger perch numbers and the walleye would continue as they are now in pine big and plentiful. What do you think

WayneChristie
01-27-2012, 10:04 PM
whitefish werent stocked in Alberta lakes to provide food for pike, or even for sportfishing, there were stocked solely for the purpose of commercial fishing, dont think you would want to see commercial nets in Pine.

Dust1n
01-27-2012, 10:06 PM
is they do stock whites in pine lake they would get fat and fast

coors04
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
your right wayne I don't want commercial fishing in pine. But i do want whites in there to give one more game fish for me to chase while I'm fishing there and maybe the pike will average bigger then 65cm. But to your point if the whites do to well in pine assuming they were stocked in there the gov. would start commercial fishing it. Iv herd the fisheries already nets the eyes in pine to collect ( the goods ) to assist in stocking in other lakes. I don't know if that's going to change after this year kill off though

WayneChristie
01-27-2012, 10:25 PM
your right wayne I don't want commercial fishing in pine. But i do want whites in there to give one more game fish for me to chase while I'm fishing there and maybe the pike will average bigger then 65cm. But to your point if the whites do to well in pine assuming they were stocked in there the gov. would start commercial fishing it. Iv herd the fisheries already nets the eyes in pine to collect ( the goods ) to assist in stocking in other lakes. I don't know if that's going to change after this year kill off though

I was fishing there years ago, when it was still rather quiet, and talked to the guy netting perch, he said they were using them to stock Cold Lake, what was interesting was he caught a 10 pound pike in the dip net right off the dock along with the perch. Used to be awesome fishing there, I remember catching an 18 pounder a 12 pounder and 8 a bit smaller pike in one spot in 10 casts. Havent been back in years, got tired of idiots in jetskiis zooming through the weeds to see how close they could get to my small boat. Lots of lakes in the hood with big whites, like Gull and Sylvan.