PDA

View Full Version : Fishing today

WayneChristie
01-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Going to toss the rest of the gear and lunch on the truck then hitting Newell at daybreak, black subzero and a big grin, thats me. Hope everyone has a great day on the ice, stay safe and dont blow away. Gotta love living 20 minutes from awesome fishing! :sHa_shakeshout:

Buck Krazy
01-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Excited to see what your exscuse for not gettin moby will be today jj. Good luck

calgarygringo
01-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Sitting on jackfish and just finished setup. Partner had first hit already and I am not in the water yet. Yahoo.

Dale S
01-28-2012, 04:05 PM
We seen you guys this morning but we chickened out and did'nt want to walk that far.We went and bought our tickets and ended up in the north end. Curt landed 4 small pike and I landed this 19" walleye.

calgarygringo
01-28-2012, 04:19 PM
I have landed 7 so far in our spot and I know from texting across the lake Wayne has caught and a bigger size as well. Still a while to go so hoping for more.

The Fisherman Guy
01-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Glad to hear fishing is good! Looking forward to pics!

e40water12
01-28-2012, 04:22 PM
nice catches thanks for sharing.

calgarygringo
01-28-2012, 04:25 PM
How did your twin trip go?

WayneChristie
01-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Im saving Moby for the derby, I aint stupid LOL funny thing was I had this huge sucker on for bait, got one hit and missed it, then another. took out line like a rocket, felt huge, then I got it to the ice and found it was lassoed like a bull. ended up ripping the big treble through my thumb, and donated some blood to the fish gods, but its part of pike fishing. Was rather annoyed that it only 6 and a half, figured only a hog would eat that big bait, but again thats pike fishing. I was nice since my lady put a big crack in the ice when she went azz over teakettle and smacked her head and let her outfish me by one fish, she also had a ton of flags, but misses most of them. No big fish for us, but Sinwalli got a nice 15 pounder beside us, and icefever did ok as well, nice to meet you bud. End of the day in the fading light we had a nice pike going back and forth between our baits, give a tug on one then on to the other, did it a few times before it left and so did we. Highlight of my day was the 3 pound rocket pike I caught, got it to the ice on the tipup line and it shot 2 feet straight out of the water like a hungry trout. Ice was a good 17 or 18 inches, lots of cracking noises but we all drove on without mishap. Id still be careful, but it held up quite nicely. we actually walked all the way out with our gear, then waited for someone else to be the guinea pig then I walked back and brought the truck out, sure was nice to pack up and only have to walk a few feet finally!

calgarygringo
01-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Just got in the door and unloaded. I ended up catching 8 myself today and kicked my partners butt.Time for dinner then clean my take home from today. No monsters like Waynes group across the lake but everything we caught was 60-76 cm smallest to biggest. We had fun. 20inches of ice where we were so no issues driving.

WayneChristie
01-28-2012, 08:01 PM
we kept one of the wifes, but I let her clean it this time, she didnt do too bad a job. one more for the canner. back at it tomorrow!

WayneChristie
01-28-2012, 08:02 PM
We seen you guys this morning but we chickened out and did'nt want to walk that far.We went and bought our tickets and ended up in the north end. Curt landed 4 small pike and I landed this 19" walleye.

nice eye! Curt put any holes in the roof of the tent yet? :bad_boys_20: Im hitting the Dink point area tomorrow, hurricane or no hurricane.

WayneChristie
01-28-2012, 10:34 PM
lost one fish and landed a 6 1/2 on this thing today, cant believe one that small took it! and yet I caught my biggest pike on a quarter ounce jig and 2 inch minnow. I love pike fishing!
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF4272.jpg