PDA

View Full Version : Argo Kickers

moosemad
02-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Wondering if anyone with an older 8 wheeler has tried an outboard motor on it. Knowing they aren't the most waterproof vessels made, would a 9.9 outboard get one up river a couple of clicks to hunt or would it work more like an anchor. Can you carry any weight or would my partner have to swim? Just curious.

sheephunter
02-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Wondering if anyone with an older 8 wheeler has tried an outboard motor on it. Knowing they aren't the most waterproof vessels made, would a 9.9 outboard get one up river a couple of clicks to hunt or would it work more like an anchor. Can you carry any weight or would my partner have to swim? Just curious.

I've seen outboards as big as 20hp on them. That one did have 25" tires mind you. I used one regularly with a 4hp and no trouble with two guys and all the gear. Mine sure was waterproof. I think a 9.9 would be ideal.

.30cal
02-21-2008, 09:17 PM
The thing is pretty front heavy. Even with both guys in the back it sits nose down. We use a 9.9 on ours (long shaft helps alot.) It isn't fast but it gets there eventually. Ours has an electric bilge pump, but I don't know if it came with it or if that was an add on. Just be sure the drain plugs are in before driving into the drink.

moosemad
02-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I,ll feel a little safer trying it this summer.