PDA

View Full Version : Matchayaw(devils) lake ?

Tylerf150
01-28-2012, 10:05 PM
I ve never fished this lake before looks pretty small on a map. Me and my son were gonna give it a go tomorrow anyone ever been? Is it worth my time or should I keep driving to different lake? Any info is appreciated

Mr.goldeye
01-28-2012, 10:36 PM
I've gheard that there are some jumbo perch in there, but ive never fished it myself

Isopod
01-28-2012, 10:51 PM
I've only fished it once and while it supposedly has jumbo perch I certainly never found them and a fellow I talked to there said they are very hard to locate. I caught small pike, it was fun for that. If you go, be careful of where the river enters and exits the lake, the ice there can be very thin and dangerous.

buckmaster
01-28-2012, 11:01 PM
I ve never fished this lake before looks pretty small on a map. Me and my son were gonna give it a go tomorrow anyone ever been? Is it worth my time or should I keep driving to different lake? Any info is appreciated

Its good action for hammerhandles on the west side of the lake.

silverdoctor
01-29-2012, 02:37 AM
I miss devils lake, lots of fun in the summer time.

I guess for ice fishing, people tend to congregate to the right of the boat launch, lots catch. In the summer, I always tubed to the other side. More action.

Never caught a perch in there, lots of pike ranging from tiny to about 6 or 7 pounds. Caught a couple of big walleye out of there too, full length of my arm and really fat - zero limit of course.

good luck and have fun.

brian_edm
01-29-2012, 06:22 AM
I have always had fairly good success at Devil's lake. Haven't caught no real big ones but I have never been skunked there.

bigfishen
02-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Anyone been out here recently? Im planning on giving it a go tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone on here can give me a heads up on where to avoid driving due to ice conditions? The obvious one being by where the creek enters by the bridge. Any other spots to avoid would be greatly appreciated.

yanngoyan
02-25-2012, 11:47 AM
bigfishen, did you fished there and what's ice conditions?

avb3
02-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Caught my first burbot there, and still the largest to date. T'was about 20 years ago.

bigfishen
02-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Ya I went out there a few weeks ago and there was a few people out there. Not sure if they had any luck. I was out there for about 4 hours or so. I did see a pretty decent pike but it wasnt really interested in what I was offering. I guess thats the way it goes. As far as ice conditions most spots were about 20 inches but I also did see a spot with open water about the size of a 5 gallon bucket with bubbling water coming out. So just be careful and pay attention where you drive. Although it may be a bit tricky with all this snow.

Kim473
02-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Much better lakes around. Go some place else.

CNP
02-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Much better lakes around. Go some place else.

That statement right there confirms the presence of super-jumbo perch:)

Alberta Bigbore
02-25-2012, 06:01 PM
I've gheard that there are some jumbo perch in there, but ive never fished it myself

Biggest we've seen out of there is 16 inches. Some piggies in there.

buckmaster
02-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Biggest we've seen out of there is 16 inches. Some piggies in there.

X2, lots of fatties but hard to find....