flyguyd
01-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Big burb. Nice

college-fisherman
01-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I have never seen a burbot at wabamun.

Smasher
01-29-2012, 03:11 PM
I caught an 8lber last winter at Fallis. It was the first and only one i ever caught.

fishinggeek
01-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Nice work. looks nice and fat. I was a wab today and took my 4 year old daughter with me. got 2 small pike and 6 small perch. Ive only seen a couple burbot on my underwater camera, never caught any thou.

BobLoblaw
01-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Nice work. looks nice and fat. I was a wab today and took my 4 year old daughter with me. got 2 small pike and 6 small perch. Ive only seen a couple burbot on my underwater camera, never caught any thou.

Hey, everyone:
Pay no attention to this post ^
Pretty obvious that someone has jacked 'fishinggeek's AO account.
"small pike"???
"small perch"???
Clearly not the real 'fishinggeek'; we all know he only catches three
kinds of fish: big, bigger & biggest!:):):):):)

BTW, nice fat burb, Alodar.
Also, good on ya for getting your daughter out there, 'geek!

flyfisherman
01-29-2012, 08:08 PM
I caught this one by the hot water discharge at the old power plant a few years ago

burbotman14
01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
The pike fishing was slower at wabamun than usual but we did get two burbot that were 8 pounds and I caught a five pounder last weekend.

topgun2269
01-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Awesome pic!!!!! proud puppy

fishinggeek
01-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey, everyone:
Pay no attention to this post ^
Pretty obvious that someone has jacked 'fishinggeek's AO account.
"small pike"???
"small perch"???
Clearly not the real 'fishinggeek'; we all know he only catches three
kinds of fish: big, bigger & biggest!:):):):):)

BTW, nice fat burb, Alodar.
Also, good on ya for getting your daughter out there, 'geek!

lol
The only way i was going fishing on sunday was if i took my daughter, so of course, off i went. hahah. she had lots of fun, and caught her first fish all by herself. Even told me how i was supposed to reel them in. lol. And yeah if i dont start catching right away i usually move around and locate the pike, just too hard with the little one. Was an awesome day thou.
And those monster pike are gonna be hurting at tobin lake next month. Oh i cant wait. turn the cell phone off and fish my butt off. lol.

Daceminnow
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
I have never seen a burbot at wabamun.

neither have i. good to see i guess?

Dace

mrhanke
01-30-2012, 12:00 PM
that thing has got great color for a burbot, and its huge, too bad it was at wabamun, anywhere else you could of taken that home and taken those backstraps off and boiled them with some garlic and had a tasty little snack :).

FishingFrenzy
01-30-2012, 12:27 PM
I've never seen a burbot with fur, floppy ears and fourlegs before...:scared0018:

Jokes aside, nice catch!

alodar
01-30-2012, 09:34 PM
for the most part seems there might not be alot but there are some big ones. thanks for all the compliments on my pooch she was pretty afraid of that burb that is for sure.