PDA

View Full Version : Marcum vs 380 camera leaked

stinkynuts
01-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Well went out to N buck yesterdy went to put my camrea down the hole and no picture pull it out lens is fogged and full of water the unit is only about 3 weeks old what can I expect from Marcum for warrenty . I called wss and he said I have to mail to Marcum to get my warrenty and that I could not just exchange it for a new ? I read the warrenty disclamer and it says you have to fill out this warrenty card and send it away I can not find the card and do not remeber sending it . Is my warrenty still going to be good or am i going to be out 280 bucks

Kokanee9
01-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Most stores have a 30 day return policy. I thought maybe WSS would have had that also.

huntsfurfish
01-29-2012, 02:55 PM
A little surprised WSS wont look after it for you, but marcum will look after you. Best if you have the receipt, talk to WSS again first and if they dont look after you call Marcum. Marcum will make it right.:)

calgarygringo
01-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Pm Slingshotz as I believe he had the same issue and he had to send his away. I am sure he can give details.

Kokanee9
01-29-2012, 04:51 PM
.........I read the warrenty disclamer and it says you have to fill out this warrenty card and send it away I can not find the card and do not remeber sending it . ...........

I have not checked, but chances are you should be able to fill that out online as well as mailing it in.

mark2424
01-29-2012, 05:31 PM
I took my vs380 to the fishin hole last year when it fogged up and leaked moisture into the camera. I sat there while the sales guy called marcum and he informed them it was recalled, he simply switched my camera for a new one and I was done. The fishin hole handled everything for me.

Mark

Chris5672
01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Call marcum thats what I did just last week with the same model and within a week I had a new cam

stinkynuts
01-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all the info guys i find it very helpful and I did find I can register it on line

aulrich
01-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Mine came out of the box bad, Marcum had me a camera in two weeks, and that was right before Christmas. I suspect they had a batch of bad cameras, When I mentioned the model he put me on hold 30 sec later he comes back on and says they will just send me a new camera.

As a side note, my first showdown troller had a couple of borked buttons, the second worked fine, but I do wonder about the current quality.

wbaj
01-29-2012, 09:22 PM
I sent one back that was 13 months old and they repaired it without the receipt and at no cost. Quite impressed actually.

slingshotz
01-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Ditto for me, I emailed them about the camera. No questions asked and they sent me a new one in 2 weeks. Quite impressed with the service, less so with the quality. New one works perfectly and I hope it stays that way.

However they didn't ask to send my old one back. Since I have the old one and it actually still works surprisingly (obviously you can barely see anything with the water inside), has anyone cracked one open yet? Thinking of drying it out and resealing it for a backup camera.

WayneChristie
01-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Ditto for me, I emailed them about the camera. No questions asked and they sent me a new one in 2 weeks. Quite impressed with the service, less so with the quality. New one works perfectly and I hope it stays that way.

However they didn't ask to send my old one back. Since I have the old one and it actually still works surprisingly (obviously you can barely see anything with the water inside), has anyone cracked one open yet? Thinking of drying it out and resealing it for a backup camera.

tried that with my fishtv, dont do it!!!! and for all you reccomending marcums, :P:P:P

Mudslide
01-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Marcum ROCKS! Best products on the market and great customer service. They will take care of you, but go back to the store you bought it from first.