PDA

View Full Version : skunked at spring

waterninja
01-30-2012, 09:56 PM
for the second time this winter i got skunked at spring lake. got out there nice and early and had my lines in by 8:30. it was a beautifull day, warm and hardly even a breeze. i was the only person on the lake. i have had good success all summer long and the lake is well stocked and areated. i did get 4 bites in the 9 hours i was there but they were just teasing. it was kind of depressing but i'll be back. my initial plan was to drive to bellis lake by smokey lake as i've heard theres some big rainbows. has anyone been out there lately?
p.s. i wonder how long people have to live by busy train tracks before they get used to all the noise and whistles.

WayneChristie
01-30-2012, 09:59 PM
used to live close to a mainline, I cant remember how long it took to get used to the noise, but I know eventually if the regular trains didnt come through I would wake up and think something was wrong!

FishingFrenzy
01-30-2012, 10:25 PM
If we're talking the spring lake near stony plain, even with the aerator apparently it suffered some pretty nasty winterkill last year. Was out a month or so ago, not even a bite, no fish seen. One guy said he was out there for 5 hours and only got one small bow.

Too bad, it was a really good perch lake with the odd rainbow..