PDA

View Full Version : Ice at Dickson Dam?

damaltor
01-31-2012, 07:29 AM
I was thinking of going to Dickson Dam to do some fly fishing today. Has anyone been out there in the last couple of days? Was wondering how the ice and accessibility is along the shore line?
Thanks for any info.

caljouw2003
01-31-2012, 09:30 AM
I was there this past past weekend it is wide open. Did not catch anythig though, could not figure out what they were hungry for. I also stoped at range road 20 it is open there still as well.
Hope you have better luck then i did, and if you get them to bite can you please let me know what you were using :sign0111:

damaltor
01-31-2012, 07:57 PM
I was there this past past weekend it is wide open. Did not catch anythig though, could not figure out what they were hungry for. I also stoped at range road 20 it is open there still as well.
Hope you have better luck then i did, and if you get them to bite can you please let me know what you were using :sign0111:

Thanks for the info.
We did go out for the day, as you said, everything is wide open. Beautiful day, but I too didn't catch anything.
Couple guys down from us got a couple whitefish, they said they were using stonefly nymphs.
I threw pretty much everything I had, even some streamers and not even a bite.

caljouw2003
02-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Stonefly nymphs it is, I think i will try that this weekend.
Thank you.