PDA

View Full Version : Caught my first Burb

Izumi
02-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Caught my first burb this weekend and thought I would share with you guys. It was 8.5 lbs and came out of 3 Metres of water.

frenchwhitey
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Nice fish!!

moosehunter3-0
02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Nice Burbot. What lake?

Lethalconnection
02-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Beauty

uicehole
02-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Nice burb Izi, that's a very decent size.

Alberta Bigbore
02-22-2008, 04:56 AM
should be tasty boiled up and dipped in melted butter :D

Pioneer2
02-22-2008, 07:36 AM
You boil burbot? I just dip them in a shake +bake type batter and pan fry them in olive oil.Any one have any tasty recipies they'd like to share? Harold

FisherPotch
02-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Very nice burb man props! I have to ask though. Are you camera shy? With a fish like that i'd want to be in the picture even if i din't catch it lol.

Izumi
02-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Very nice burb man props! I have to ask though. Are you camera shy? With a fish like that i'd want to be in the picture even if i din't catch it lol.

Lol, I am in those pics but to make them fit the image rules on the forum and preserve the detail on the fish I focused on the fish. Full size pics from my camera are well over a meg.

We battered it up and pan fried it in olive oil, maybe i will try boiling the next one. It fed 5 of us :)

Lethalconnection
02-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Lol, I am in those pics but to make them fit the image rules on the forum and preserve the detail on the fish I focused on the fish. Full size pics from my camera are well over a meg.

We battered it up and pan fried it in olive oil, maybe i will try boiling the next one. It fed 5 of us :)

Upload your pictures to photobucket.com, then just copy and paste url and then the whole pic will fit.

Izumi
02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Thats a good idea, I noticed even though my files were the right size the server compressed them even further!

Lethalconnection
02-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah photobucket does all the compressing for yeah, upload the origianl photo and it will downsize to the required size for pretty much all sites.

The Ice Man
02-22-2008, 12:07 PM
This sounds alittle gross but if you are willing to eat a burb you already have a strong stomach.

I have found with burbs if you nail the head to a 2x4, make a small cut behind the head and peal the skin back with a pair of plyers you can then proceed to cut two beautiful fillets from either side about 3/4" thick each. And dont forget the cheeks, these are considered a real treat in some european countries.

Now that you have your two fillets and the cheeks, heat up some butter blessed with garlic in a skillet on medium heat (NO SALT, salt is a dehydrater and will toughen out your fillets). Use the cheeks as a test run for how you fillets will turn out. Then cook until the fillets can be 'flaked' off with a fork, the burb should plump up.

It aint lobster, it anit crab, its is somewhere like cod fish but less fatty so the meat doesn't flake as well and a little tougher then cod, more the texture of Sole fish.

Enjoy
Ice Man

brandon
02-22-2008, 05:03 PM
What did you use

Izumi
02-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Jig and minnow, laid it right down on the bottom. The minnows were old n stinky as per the advice here lol.