PDA

View Full Version : lake sundance / lake mc kenzie

Eddy62
01-31-2012, 04:36 PM
as i posted 4 months ago i have built custom homes in these communities and it wasnt until today that i talked to some past clients about access to these lakes and i was granted permission to fish these small lakes with whoever i please to bring in with me so i have 3 questions to ask.

1 i no sundance is loaded with perch..what bait is great for there.and yes i will look at past threads

2 lake mc kenzie i no is a small trout lake anyone fish there recently ?

3 anybody want to come fishing? my past client told me today i was allowed to bring some friends .

i am getting a call back tomorrow on how many i can take into lake sundance.

take care everyone.......................................... .later:)

azn_rice_man
01-31-2012, 04:52 PM
For the perch, we've had success using dew worms and maggots, which also works on the rainbows at Sundance, too. There's a whole article written by Kevin that gives you lots of details as well. Lemme see if I can find it....

azn_rice_man
01-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.lakesundance.org/uploads/6/1/2/7/6127370/howtosuccessfullycatchyellowpercharticleupdate.pdf

goldscud
01-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Sundance perch: small worms, mealworms, maggots, perch eyes.
They bite very lightly so a sensitive palm rod or something similar works best. Best perch last weekend was about 12.25". Lots of tiny guys, but bigger ones can be caught if you know how to entice them with the Marmish jiggle:)

RHJ
01-31-2012, 09:18 PM
would love to hit up some local lake fishing , pm me if invite is still open

m0808
01-31-2012, 10:22 PM
i would also love to do some local fishing .

Eddy62
02-01-2012, 06:28 AM
txs for info guys i find out about passes and entrance rules today will let you guys no have a good 1 ................................later

Eddy62
02-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Sundance perch: small worms, mealworms, maggots, perch eyes.
They bite very lightly so a sensitive palm rod or something similar works best. Best perch last weekend was about 12.25". Lots of tiny guys, but bigger ones can be caught if you know how to entice them with the Marmish jiggle:)ya i have a video on the marmish wiggle from you tube this guy is just nailing the perch

trouty
02-01-2012, 06:38 AM
mckenzie had good rainbow fishing last i was there, around 5 yrs ago. Actually some big rainbows there.

Gary K
02-01-2012, 07:37 AM
mckenzie had good rainbow fishing last i was there, around 5 yrs ago. Actually some big rainbows there.

some huge raibows in there!

Sundancefisher
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
as i posted 4 months ago i have built custom homes in these communities and it wasnt until today that i talked to some past clients about access to these lakes and i was granted permission to fish these small lakes with whoever i please to bring in with me so i have 3 questions to ask.

1 i no sundance is loaded with perch..what bait is great for there.and yes i will look at past threads

2 lake mc kenzie i no is a small trout lake anyone fish there recently ?

3 anybody want to come fishing? my past client told me today i was allowed to bring some friends .

i am getting a call back tomorrow on how many i can take into lake sundance.

take care everyone.......................................... .later:)

Howdy Parnavi.

I bring fellow AOFers in fishing but I can not let them in without me being there. Your past home building client can happily invite you in for a day of fishing when ever they want but they need to be with you on the lake. I have never left someone onto the lake without me being there. It is just part of the management rules to keep the park running smoothly.

Standard rules will apply to you also. I don't want to see you inadvertently getting the home owner into trouble.

As for perch...small size 14 and 16 tungsten jigs seem to be the best...tipped with a maggot or eyeball.

http://www.yourbobbersdown.com/alljigs.html

Use only size 3 or 4...occasionally a 5. 16, 14 or 12 sized hooks. HP68, HP45, E66, GPH9, HP 58 would be a good place to start.

GUESTS OF MEMBERS
•Members must register their guests' names at the gate. (A guest is someone that does not live in Sundance.) To speed up the sign in process, members bringing in a large group can prepare a list at home and bring it with them.
•Members must be present in the park at all times while their guests are using the facility.•Members under the age of 18 may take 2 guests (Non-Sundance residents) into the facility.
•Adult members are permitted a reasonable number of guests. We ask that if you are planning a large gathering to please let us know a few days in advance.
•Guests will not be admitted to the park until the member has entered the facility.
•Members are responsible for their guests at all times.

FISHING
•Each member who wishes to fish must leave their own lake ID card at the main gate office before commencing to fish and register the number of fish taken before leaving the park. Fish cannot be given to another member to register.
•Only BARBLESS HOOKS may be used (even if you plan on keeping the fish).
•Members may bring in up to 2 non-resident guests, per resident family, into the park to fish. Members and their guests must enter and exit the park together. All trout caught by the guests will be applied against the limits of the member who signed them into the park (NOTE: perch are NOT included in fishing limit).•Members and their guests may only bring in ONE fishing rod each.
•All fishermen must be within 20' of their rod at all times when it is in the water.
•For safety reasons, fishing from the lake shore area is limited to a maximum of 20 people at one time and priority will be given to members so you may want to invite your guests to join you at non-peak times.
•The rules regarding catching and releasing require:
•lip hooking
•no use of bait
•practice minimal handling & keep the fish in the water at all times
•no use of a fish net except when in a boat.
-Need tips for catching & releasing? Click here.
•If bait is used:
•no live bait (except for perch fishing and then maggots or mealworms are allowed).
•no corn
•no chumming or spreading of bait in the water is permitted
•no catching and releasing
•Fish finders are not permitted.
•Cleaning fish inside the park is not permitted.
•Members must provide their own fishing equipment and ice augers. Axes, gas powered ice augers and fish finders are not permitted.
•Fishing closes ½ hour before the park closes. Ice fishing closes at dark.
•Fishing is not permitted on the dock area - members may fish from the designated offshore fishing area or from rowboats and canoes.
•Trout fishing is to be restricted to the following limits:
1 fish/day/home
6 fish/month/home
24 fish/year/home
•There is no limit on perch fishing - all perch must be kept.
•All Grass Carp caught must be released immediately.

Eddy62
02-05-2012, 07:26 AM
thank you for the post sundancer i really appreciate that... i sure will follow the rules as it is not my homestead.

i just dont no if my friend will stay and fish with me as he stated to me,,,i fished that lake twice and never caught **** lol. that might not help me out with getting him on the ice with me and stay.

just trying to get a few fellows from work or from ao to go out and have some fun and learn how to catch these fish.

now that i have read the rules i am going to beg him to stay out on lake with me.........................................:)

trying elbow falls community pond out this am there i just need to show my company bussiness card as we own and are presently selling a home in there hopefully i dont get a hard time,,,,just want to enjoy nice day and hopefully have a few trout for my wife to eat......................cheers and talk later.