PDA

View Full Version : Lake newell yesterday

kevinhits
02-03-2012, 10:29 AM
so, went to crawling valley for about an hour and nothing so I thought I am close enough to Newell. Went to jackfish and got my lines in and the first bite, my rod went down the hole:angry3:...Never thought this would happen. Run into brooks and I get a new rod and finally fishing. Now the bites are on. Beautiful day and no wind...No wind on Newell...Unheard of..LOL. The walleye was awsome as this was the biggest one I ever caught(23"). Sorry did not weigh this one...And back down the hole he went..Probably one of the best days I have had in along time...

Rockymtnx
02-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Looks like you had a good day on the ice.
Congrats!

MoFugger21
02-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Nice fish, well done! Thanks for sharing! :happy0034:

kevinhits
02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys
Have been a member for a year and really no interesting pics till now. I also had to figure out how to get the pics on here as well..LOL..now I Know.. I guess after reading the forum, all of them like pics.....and so do I.

cdkeim
02-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Great day, even with the lost rod! I may head out that direction on the weekend and was curious if you drove on or walked on? How thick was the ice? thanks Kevin!

kevinhits
02-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I drove on after seing and meeting a couple of retirees on the ice. The ice was about 18" and safe where I was in jackfish bay. The guy stopped by and as we were chatting, I had a fish on and he actually helped me land it and took a picture for me as I was out by myself. Thanks to that guy but probably will not see this thread...:)

cdkeim
02-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Fishing dudes are generally pretty sociable. Ya never know when it will be you needing some help on the ice orrrrr getting off the ice(umm errr not that that has ever happened to me) thanks for the info. I am a lazy ass fisher when my kid isnt along to pull the hut out for me, so I was hoping to drive on. Hopefully my day will be at least half as good as yours. No wind is a blessing on Newell!

kevinhits
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
good luck and hopefully you have fun like I did...Less losing my rod:sHa_shakeshout:

tightlines
02-03-2012, 04:24 PM
nice catch! cant wait till monday or tues when i can finally get out!