PDA

View Full Version : wetaskiwins

wildcat111
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
hello i would like to make some wetaskiwins, i am unable to find a picture of one to save my life, i used to fish with them years ago but can't quite remember how they go together, if someone out there could post a picture of one for me i would really appreciate it, thanks

Isopod
02-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Here you go, with 3 orientations. The one on the far left is standing on it's end, ie, the way it would hang in the water. The other two are laying on their side.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/rollingstone/2012/Feb412wetask.jpg

wildcat111
02-04-2012, 08:43 PM
wow awesome, thanks so much

AK47
02-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Had a heated discussion with CO once at Macgregor, he tried to give me ticket for "fishing by snagging"... even if I had not snagged anything. But he looked at wetaskiwin special I had on the line and declared that it is snagging hook and to big for whitefish to take - thus I must be snagging. Needed to show him how lure works in the water how it fits in whitefish mouth then he examined the fish and after not finding any wounds on the body finally gave up. Gave us lecture at the end that we should be fishing with wireworms and that next time he will not be as generous.

kinwahkly
02-05-2012, 10:10 AM
The fishin hole sends, I use them quite a bit and they work most of the times, they hit them hard on the way down.

Rabdo
02-05-2012, 11:24 AM
What kind of action do you give these lures? I got a couple of them, not sure if I'm doin somethin wrong

Rockymtnx
02-06-2012, 12:27 AM
What kind of action do you give these lures? I got a couple of them, not sure if I'm doin somethin wrong

A regular jigging action. No different than you would jig a spoon.