PDA

View Full Version : Deep Water Ice Flashers?

sheepstalker
02-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I want to buy a flasher for deep water ice fishing i.e. Lakers. I have a couple of questions.......

I have tried to rig up my fish finder from my boat, it works well but i think there is a couple second delay? At 100 ft. it is picking up my hook and the fish when it comes in but i keep missing them?

Is a flasher in 100% real time?

My next problem is my fish finder picks up hooks from the people around me? Will a flasher do the same thing? If so how far away do you need to be from someone elses line before it will pick it up?

Last question.......what flasher would you recommend, looking for something in the 300 - 350 price range....?

OttCan
02-05-2012, 01:07 PM
For the price range, check out some of Marcums entry level sonars. As well as Vexilars, you'll be looking for power of the unit, wattage. I think most Marcums are about 2000W.

finner-duramax
02-05-2012, 07:31 PM
i use the humming bird ice 55. best flasher they have available.
i have fished for lakers at 120 feet and picked up my hook and fish clear as day,
as for other peoples hooks you can block them out with a press of a button.

i love it, and you catch way more fish

sheepstalker
02-06-2012, 12:41 AM
thanks i will look into it

calgarygringo
02-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Check on your fishfinder specs as some are real time. I have an eagle and it is and lowrance has the same on some models. It is a feature they have and it runs down the right side of the screen. Picks up everything real time even in deep water. You just have to make sure you have your transducer perfectly level or do as I did and spend a few bucks and get the ice transducer for it and away you go. Mine works very well. That is all if it is setup for it of course.