PDA

View Full Version : pigeon lake

JBEAU
02-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Took the kids to Pigeon on Sat. at Mulhurts...
Set up tip ups w/ spoons + powerbait (maggots)(forgot smelts @ home) Fished w/ wire worms in the ice cube tent - saw one pike at the end of the day....we were there from around noon till 5....

Decided to try Gull lake today...was going to fish the bay on the South west side, (what's that place called anyone?).....used to fish there a lot in the 90's there was always a tent village there...seemed to always do well w/ whitefish......

Anyway we got a late start and I couldn't hold out till gull...(coming from Ft Sask)....so I was itching to fish and decided to give the South side of Pigeon a shot instead....drove on at Mameo + popped a couple holes right there....fished Smelts on tip ups + powerbait maggots in the tent ( forgot real maggots at home)....had a hit pretty quick on a tip up...+ my 9yr old kid lost it...( too much slack...trying to get it in....but it was very HEAVY he said....that was it for the day....the kid said he saw another pike after that...we moved every hour or two Westward....and never saw anything or had any hits the rest of the day....we still had a good time kid was super excited just to be fishing....was reading regs...looking up record weights for AB. fish + got to drive the truck on the lake...so still fun to get out.....how did everyone else do this weekend @ Gull / Pigeon or wherever?

Prouddad403
02-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Also at pigeon today went to the point southeast of the mulhurst boat launch. Been there in the summer and always had lots of luck. We lost one today at that's all the action we had. I'm curious how others did closer to the mulhurst launch or any where else. Family had lots of though!

wildcat111
02-05-2012, 07:38 PM
we tryed off the boat ramp at pigeon provincal park, started hot but ended quickly eyes and whites. held out to 1 oclock and headed to sylvan, endless supply of whites, seen 2 tiny pike. overall decent day but probably should of went to gull.

headchef
02-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I have a cabin on the lake,just out from boat launch at mulhurst bay.Fishing has been hit and miss,haven't seen any pike but are seeing walleye some are sluggish and some are hitting our hooks like bullets,but its still been lots of fun.

Whitetail77
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Fished Pigeon a few weeks ago and couldn't catch any Walleye small enough to put my tags on. Smallest was 47cm and bigest was 58cm. Landed around 20 with my buddy, but didn't see a single white.

keberle
02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Anyone out on pigeon lately? I was there on the long weekend for the first time. I managed a large walleye (too big to keep) and pike on the point NW for the mulhurst lauch.

0liver
02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
the whites are few and far between, but the size is pretty impressive.

the walleye have taken over mullhurst and chased all the whites out.

try deeper for whites, only advice im giving :)

as for catching wallys, you could probably throw a bare hook down there and jig it and still catch a couple before the days done

keberle
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Is there much snow on the lake now or still OK to 4x4?

dragon
03-01-2012, 03:20 PM
it was easy 4X4 on northside of lake... only got about half of what edmonton got

keberle
03-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Anyone being out on pigeon since the recent snow and melt? Thinking of going Sunday.

M77RMKII
03-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Went out to Pigeon, first time in 20+ years, at the point closest to Thorsby, just to the west of the point away from Argentia Beach (see pic) Got there about 10, only a few souls in the lake.

Had a camera down the hole, saw some 22-23 fish, one Walleye, one Ling, only fish that we actually saw through the hole is the Eye, which we pulled on a fancy wire worm/jig hybid. The Whites simply showed no interest in our offerings. Tip-up tripped once, just barely, nothing at the other end.

Heading out again on Saturday. Anything in particular that Pigeon Whites go for? Heard something as to the treble with the copper spinner blade in between, is copper a good choice for the lake? Any particular locations or depths that tend to work there?

Wheelfisher
03-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Orange, or orange with black wireworms can work well this time of year, as well as brass or yellow colors. Hard to say if they're not even coming in close to have a look.