PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake Slow

Strikemaster
02-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Anyone else find Calling this weekend very slow?....hit VW point and had one hit all day.....fished in about 10 different depths/areas ranging from 9 thru to 40 fow.
Used jig/minnow and small jigging spoon.
I will find them! They must be hanging out somewhere.

Safety D
02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I find it quite dead in the winter compared to summer ???

trkrstu
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM
We went on saturday, it was dead. Tried six or seven spots, different depths. Tried lots of territory as well. Didn't see anything moving around down the hole, not even any fish fry food. Last spot fished at 18 f.o.w. and got one bite. Couldn't set the hook, quick and light bite. All others that i spoke with said they had no bites. Only one story of catching something, but it's second hand story i can't believe, no proff either. He was at the lake before day break, left the water for the day saying he would return after 4pm. Don't know what was caught.

sheepstalker
02-06-2012, 12:43 AM
I was at calling a couple weeks ago for the first time on the ice, and i found it slow compared to the summer.....maybe just the day

02-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Calling is usually slow in the winter compared to summer, have found the walleye over by the moosehorn access most years but haven't had a chance to get out this year.