PDA

View Full Version : Park lake Ice

tightlines
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Has anyone been out at park lake?? I dont have much time to go anywhere else and ive been iching to get out at least once before the Badger lake derby. Ice thickness as well as area would be great!

hacman
02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Was out on Saturday, parked in the day use area and walked across to the west side. Ice is solid but only about 8" thick, clear and slippery so take your ice cleats. There has been open water along the shore on the east side and a big heave running from east to west by the inlet canal. Fished from 8:30-2:30, fishing was slow, caught 2 pike on smelts, no other bites. The largest was about 3-4 lbs.

Guitarplayingfish
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
The water is absolutely disgusting... Half foot of visibility on sunday, 8 inchs or so of ice.. Not going there again.

MoFugger21
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
The water is absolutely disgusting... Half foot of visibility on sunday, 8 inchs or so of ice.. Not going there again.

Been like that since it first froze. Haven't been out there since new years eve though.

hacman
02-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I'll still give it another try. The two that I did manage to catch hit while I was moving the bait around. Have had some really good days out there even with dirty water. The water level seems to be down a couple feet this year which isn't helping, more weeds too.