PDA

View Full Version : newell or badger

gordfishing
02-06-2012, 05:37 PM
wanna take my brother from Manitoba ice fishing, did the badger thing last year and had some success, was thinking maybe newell this year, kinda got the badger thing figured out but need advice on were to go or access newell , really all I know is it is by Brooks.
my questions would be Badger or Newell
and if Newell your choice were and how is the best way to access the lake
not to keen on driving on the lake

harrydude
02-06-2012, 06:08 PM
We're is Wayne when you need answers to his lake

WayneChristie
02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
first aid course :sHa_sarcasticlol: what types of fish are you looking for? Lots of access points at Newell, you could try the boat launch in the Provincial park and head north from there, havent been up there yet this winter though. Jackfish has an access off the dam at the NE end. lots of areas with bad ice so follow someone elses tracks if you are unsure.

gordfishing
02-06-2012, 07:55 PM
looking for pike/walleye

WayneChristie
02-06-2012, 08:01 PM
tons of pike in there, walleye are harder to come by and are C and R without tags. do a search on Newell lots of recent posts. the derby ic coming up in 2 weeks so its going to be a bit hectic out there. Lots of good spots, Ive only fished Reddelback and Jackfish myself, some good days and some bad days. they really like big smelts (the pike) if you can find them, have good luck on herring as well. been catching eyes on a jig and minnow as well as jig and rubber grub combo usually at the base of dropoffs