PDA

View Full Version : Trout Broke My Rod!!!

HunterDave
02-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't usually post pictures but my daughter's boyfriend showed me how to send him a photo with my phone (old flip type....lol) and upload it onto the computer.

I had to go for a bit of a drive to meet with someone today so I decided to do a couple of hours of fishing while I was out that way. I've heard that the lake has been a little slow but I figured what the heh, I'm out that way anyways. About a half hour after I drilled a couple of holes I started to get hits but I just couldn't hook the bugger. This went on for about a half hour until I finally hooked him. Right away I knew that I had a gooder and I had to take my time because I'm only using 4lb test. I finally get him to the hole and I was a little concerned about lifting him and putting all of his weight on the line. Anyway, I get him on the ice and lay my rod down to take the hook out and didn't he start to roll up in the line right up to the rod and continued for another wrap of rod around him.........lol! Not a complete monster but it's not everyday that I land an 18" trout out of that lake. I hooked another one a bit later but he broke my line.......the infamous big one that got away. So much for thinking that the lake winter killed last year!

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/lifetimepassion/BigTrout.jpg

Willowtrail
02-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Great story Dave. Good news is now you get to go to the Fishin Hole and spoil yourself.

Nice Trout by the way.

BeeGuy
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM
WSS 25% off selected ice gear