PDA

View Full Version : Spaying and neutering bunnies at Canmore

jd7mmultra
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Sooo , what do you think of the spaying and neutering program in Canmore?

greylynx
02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
How are they doing it.?

I hope they are not giving the females estrodiol or esterone. That could create tumours on the ovaries and placenta.

Oh my god what are going to do?

Ryry4
02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
I hear the lead pill works the best.

jts1
02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Waste of time and funds. The poor poor bunnies attitude is a joke.

jd7mmultra
02-06-2012, 07:10 PM

You got er.

uplander
02-06-2012, 07:12 PM
just wait tell the predators figure out that's it easier to go into town for a quick snack then chase down an elk or sheep. it's only a matter of time tell they start complaining about all the cougars hanging out in town!

7rem mag
02-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Typical bleeding heart stupidity. The morons that had the pests, then relesed them to be "free"........."Free to roam as they desire".............saw on the news that ech operation could cost appr$100.............as mentioned, lead pills and then feed some hungry people or hungry animals of some sort....disposing of these long eared vermin will make the "bunny people" squirm when they see the soft, cuddly animals getting popped..oh well, maybe reality will set in for them, maybe.:snapoutofit:

bdub
02-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Pretty pathetic that they would go to the trouble of spaying and neutering them. Probably better to spay and neuter those who suggested and support the idea.

Lady Bowhunter
02-06-2012, 08:13 PM
EXACTLY!!!! why bother? People are too soft in that area...

jd7mmultra
02-06-2012, 08:15 PM
:sHa_shakeshout::happy0180:Pretty pathetic that they would go to the trouble of spaying and neutering them. Probably better to spay and neuter those who suggested and support the idea.

1899b
02-06-2012, 08:16 PM
The only time a sharp instrument should be held at a bunny is when its skinning time. This whole story is ridiculous.

WayneChristie
02-06-2012, 08:17 PM

too noisy, Id go for the bow, quiet and just as effective, you could pop Bugs right under Elmer Fudds window at dusk and he wouldnt have a clue. or that old broad with that annoying bird!

lone wolf
02-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Pretty pathetic that they would go to the trouble of spaying and neutering them. Probably better to spay and neuter those who suggested and support the idea.

x3 ............... especially if we could get them before they propagated !!

bessiedog
02-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Hasenphefer..

Simple... Has a gourmet sound.

Get one of the restaurants to do a 'you catch it, we'll cook it!'
Theme night.

I went to a conference in Canmore 2 years ago. Did a run along the river.. Just about tripped on those little nippers a couple of times.

It's Disney gone mad!

Say it with me

Hasenphefer...
Mmmmmm

Rocky7
02-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, that's got to rank right up there with one of the truly large Gong Shows. It's embarrassing for Alberta but I can live with knowing that most of the Canmore types snuck in here when no-one was looking.

BTW, remember that young lady in Canmore who was killed by a cougar?

Guess what she was protesting against not long before she was killed....

Karma.

vcmm
02-06-2012, 08:41 PM

If your good enough you can neuter them with a 22:character0110:

winger7mm
02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Im sure there is families that are hard up for cash and use the food bank, trap em rabbits are tasty and meat is way to pricey now-a-days. 2 problems solved, families get some meat and the town gets a decreased population of rabbits mmmm rabbit stew/chili mmm both very good :D

Justanotherbuck2
02-06-2012, 09:28 PM
What the Heck..I thought they passed on this and just opted for the cull to be carried out. I'm not quite up on it I heard a fellow from the Morely reserve offered to trap them and release them on the reserve as a future food sourse and the Canmore town council turned him down they felt it would take to long. I understand you really can't start shooting them in town, but live traps and then a harvest party with a big stew pot would be OK.

thumper
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Those horses west of Sundre sure are tearing up the country - displacing wildlife and probably attracting predators as well. Think they deserve the same fate?

thumper
02-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Rocky, your post is inaccurate and disrespectful to one who cannot defend herself.

" BTW, remember that young lady in Canmore who was killed by a cougar?

Karma. "

The only 'young lady' from Canmore that has been killed by a cougar was 30 year old Frances Frost, killed about 20 kms west of Canmore while cross-country skiing, over 10 years ago - well before there was any bunny cull proposed or protested.

winger7mm
02-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Those horses west of Sundre sure are tearing up the country - displacing wildlife and probably attracting predators as well. Think they deserve the same fate?

hmmm, good ol fashioned wild horse roast with carrots and potatoes, mmm, with a nice heavy gravy with garlic bread and roasted corn on the side. One could feed alot of people with a horse. Besides all those rabbits are pooping in peoples gardens, flowerbeds and lawns. Cats see that fate why not overpopulated rabbits?? Thats the problem with the tree hugger type, if its a wild animal there are problems trying to control them. Mother nature put animals on this planet (including us) to be eaten. Eat or be eaten :D

762Russian
02-07-2012, 01:05 AM

Horse is a pretty popular dish in the rest of the world.

'Why we should be eating horse rather than riding them.' (http://theoatmeal.com/story/eat_horses)

hillbillyreefer
02-07-2012, 01:20 AM

Yes.

Horse is a popular dish in some Canadian places too. Almost as popular as rabbit.

Grizzly Adams
02-07-2012, 07:59 AM

I'm in favor. :D

Grizz

Rocky7
02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Rocky, your post is inaccurate and disrespectful to one who cannot defend herself.

" BTW, remember that young lady in Canmore who was killed by a cougar?

Karma. "

The only 'young lady' from Canmore that has been killed by a cougar was 30 year old Frances Frost, killed about 20 kms west of Canmore while cross-country skiing, over 10 years ago - well before there was any bunny cull proposed or protested.

Right. She had been protesting the idea that a COUGAR in Canmore that had killed a neighbour's dog was a threat and should be put down.

Get it, yet?

Grizzly Adams
02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Lady killed by the cougar was actually at lake Minnewanka.

Grizz