PDA

View Full Version : Ministers luncheon

SNIPER
02-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I understand that during the AFGA AGM that there is a ministers luncheon. Now, obviously, the Minister does not go to lunch by himself. What is the luncheon for, what is discussed and who gets invited and why?

sheephunter
02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
I understand that during the AFGA AGM that there is a ministers luncheon. Now, obviously, the Minister does not go to lunch by himself. What is the luncheon for, what is discussed and who gets invited and why?

The minister gives his address prior to the luncheon and then everone that is registered at the convention has lunch and the minister picks up the tab. If you'd have been there he'd have bought you lunch as well.

chevy427
02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
A buddy told me he has a big meeting before he talks at this thing.

Who does he meet with?

SNIPER
02-25-2008, 12:13 PM
The minister gives his address prior to the luncheon and then everone that is registered at the convention has lunch and the minister picks up the tab. If you'd have been there he'd have bought you lunch as well.

Is that a FACT?
I'll have to go to the next AGM.

sheephunter
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Is that a FACT?
I'll have to go to the next AGM.

Yup, that's a fact. Be sure to introduce yourself....I'll buy you a beer.

sheephunter
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
A buddy told me he has a big meeting before he talks at this thing.

Who does he meet with?

Guess you should ask your buddy.

SNIPER
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know who got to go to this "meeting" that chevy is talking about?

sheephunter
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Chevy's buddy does.

SNIPER
02-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Chevy's buddy does.

Here we go again, another great contribution to the topic. I suppose it will get edited by the author

sheephunter
02-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Here we go again, another great contribution to the topic. I suppose it will get edited by the author

Why would I edit it...chevy's buddy is apparently in the know......just thought you may want to contact him. I'm sure chevy will give you the contact info.

avb3
02-25-2008, 12:46 PM

He meets with the senior executive prior to the lunch. Discussions involve issues of concern of the AFGA and a briefing on what he will be discussing at the lunch speech. Nothing nefarious... just good common business sense.

SNIPER
02-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info AVB3.
So, I am assuming this meeting is different then the luncheon?

sheephunter
02-25-2008, 12:53 PM
As he said it happens prior to the lunch, I'm sure you can safely assume that.

SNIPER
02-25-2008, 12:54 PM
As he said it happens prior to the lunch, I'm sure you can safely assume that.

Sorry, my mistake.

bobcatguy
02-26-2008, 09:13 AM

The ministers luncheon was a noon meal served, buffet style, to the delegates at the AGM. now imagine a big room full of hungry people that finally get a break from listening to seminars. Any discussions would pretty much have to be with the person to either the left or right of you as it was quite noisy. It is free time so you can talk about whatever you want. I chatted with a guy about fishing. As for who gets invited all the delegates get lunch. Delegates are the reps. from each club around the province. Getting an invite: Each club in the province sends reps. how many depends on the # of members that club has. Join your local club & be an active member. I was asked to go the 1st year that I was an active member of rdfga.

SNIPER
02-26-2008, 09:23 AM
The ministers luncheon was a noon meal served, buffet style, to the delegates at the AGM. now imagine a big room full of hungry people that finally get a break from listening to seminars. Any discussions would pretty much have to be with the person to either the left or right of you as it was quite noisy. It is free time so you can talk about whatever you want. I chatted with a guy about fishing. As for who gets invited all the delegates get lunch. Delegates are the reps. from each club around the province. Getting an invite: Each club in the province sends reps. how many depends on the # of members that club has. Join your local club & be an active member. I was asked to go the 1st year that I was an active member of rdfga.

Thanks BCG, i was asked to go, but I had prior commitments.

When I posted this topic I had the luncheon and the meeting as the same thing. I now know they are 2 different things. Nice that Morton paid for the luncheon out of his own pocket though!!!

catnthehat
02-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Yup, that's a fact. Be sure to introduce yourself....I'll buy you a beer.
Ya didn't offer me no beer ! :( Oh waitaminit - I don't drink!!:D
cat

sheephunter
02-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Ya didn't offer me no beer ! :( Oh waitaminit - I don't drink!!:D
cat

lol...it was a real pleasure to meet you though and finally put a face to the cat in the hat!

catnthehat
02-26-2008, 04:47 PM
lol...it was a real pleasure to meet you though and finally put a face to the cat in the hat!
We actually met briefly quite a few years back at wainwright ,the year one of your party killed a big azzed non typical, and I got two - one with my .58 and the other with my jeep!:sick:
cat

sheephunter
02-26-2008, 04:51 PM
We actually met briefly quite a few years back at wainwright ,the year one of your party killed a big azzed non typical, and I got two - one with my .58 and the other with my jeep!:sick:
cat

Hmmm.....never been with anyone that killed a big non-typical there. We've killed some decent typicals but nothing big azz....lol

catnthehat
02-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Hmmm.....never been with anyone that killed a big non-typical there. We've killed some decent typicals but nothing big azz....lol

I was pretty sure 9t was a non typical mule deer, mabe a typical/
Who knows, my mind tends to wander at times! ( hence the white tail with the jeep thing!:rolleyes: )
Cat

sheephunter
02-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, regardless...it was good to chat with you at the conference.