PDA

View Full Version : Big Pike pics- Gull on Sunday

jefferson
02-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Well, Gull lake finally paid off. We've spent hours and hours and HOURS fishing this lake, as it's fairly close to home, and had limited success. Yesterday, I caught the biggest pike I've ever pulled through the ice- 13 lb., 37 inches long, and 21 inches in girth. It hit a small minnow on a small treble underneath a tip-up, at about 5:00pm. I had about 5 wraps of line left on my tip-up by the time I got to it- he ran fast and hard, and put up a great fight. Sorry for the strange face in one pic; my buddie was trying to work my camera, and I was attempting to "help" :)

nube
02-25-2008, 03:16 PM
catch any other fish or see much?
Try for whites at all?

jefferson
02-25-2008, 03:20 PM
The folks next to us saw a bunch of whites on their camera, although we didn't catch any and didn't see any caught. We did, however, catch two burbot. We stayed until almost seven, and didn't have a bite after the pike. It seemed fairly slow, at least during the time we were there.

pecker
02-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, Gull lake finally paid off. We've spent hours and hours and HOURS fishing this lake, as it's fairly close to home, and had limited success. Yesterday, I caught the biggest pike I've ever pulled through the ice- 13 lb., 37 inches long, and 21 inches in girth. It hit a small minnow on a small treble underneath a tip-up, at about 5:00pm. I had about 5 wraps of line left on my tip-up by the time I got to it- he ran fast and hard, and put up a great fight. Sorry for the strange face in one pic; my buddie was trying to work my camera, and I was attempting to "help" :)

nice pike . thanks for the info and pics . EVERY DAY FISHI'N --THE GOOD LORD GRANTS YOU ANOTHER DAY.