PDA

View Full Version : Ice-fishing at Lake Chaparral

BobaFett
02-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if anybody had any tips for ice-fishing at Lake Chaparral? I've gone a few times and had no success. Is it better fishing near shore? I was out in the middle of the lake in deeper water but I saw a couple of huts close to shore, near the beach. Any thoughts on hooks to use?

Thank-you.

Sundancefisher
02-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if anybody had any tips for ice-fishing at Lake Chaparral? I've gone a few times and had no success. Is it better fishing near shore? I was out in the middle of the lake in deeper water but I saw a couple of huts close to shore, near the beach. Any thoughts on hooks to use?

Thank-you.

I don't think they have put much money into stocking the last few years. I heard the board was interested in a retaining wall and new playground to the exclusion of other costs. You may just be SOL for a few more years until they start to stock more.

Rememe
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Hello,

Thank-you.

Been there couple of times lately, cauther several rainbows. Using shrimps+jig. in the mid of lake. Slow in general. Saw big ones took a look at bait and passed around.

BobaFett
02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Been there couple of times lately, cauther several rainbows. Using shrimps+jig. in the mid of lake. Slow in general. Saw big ones took a look at bait and passed around.

I was using 1/16 oz and smaller jigs with powerbait. What kind of shrimp are you talking? They don't allow live bait so I assume you don't mean freshwater shrimp?

Thanks again for the advice!

BobaFett.

Rememe
02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I was using 1/16 oz and smaller jigs with powerbait. What kind of shrimp are you talking? They don't allow live bait so I assume you don't mean freshwater shrimp?

Thanks again for the advice!

BobaFett.

the cooked shrimp got from walmart.:thinking-006:

BobaFett
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
the cooked shrimp got from walmart.:thinking-006:

Cool thanks Rememe, I have some raw shrimp from Costco, maybe that will work!

Boba.

Young_Gun
01-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Just renewing an old thread, but was out today, used florescent orange 1/8 jig jead with frozen shrimp, and caught a 22inch 5 lbs rainbow amd had bite for an hour straigh 20 inches of ice.