PDA

View Full Version : Big River Walleye Classic

bsnyder
02-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey Guys
Big River Walleye Classic is a go again this year (2012).The tourny will be held June 30-July 1st.We will be updating the website soon, See you all on the trail and at Big River.

bsnyder
02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey Guys
Big River Walleye Classic is a go again this year (2012).The tourny will be held June 30-July 1st.We will be updating the website soon, See you all on the trail and at Big River.

Oh Ya,- the biggest fish for the Western Canadian Walleye Trail was caught here again.Thats two years in a row for big fish :sHa_shakeshout:

Rosaire1
02-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I have tried to do this tourney for the last two years and it just seems to be on the worst possible weekend of the year, any thoughts on changing it in the near future?

bsnyder
02-09-2012, 05:58 AM
I have tried to do this tourney for the last two years and it just seems to be on the worst possible weekend of the year, any thoughts on changing it in the near future?

We cant, because we have to fit in with the Western Canadian Walleye Trail schedual and the Sask Walleye Trail schedual, plus the fish police and permiting guys would prefer we didnt hold it any lator because of water temps and fish mortality.( we dont want any dead fish!!! )Besides it works out great with Canada day celebrations, fireworks on the beach.Good fun:sHa_shakeshout:

rapala76
02-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Does this toun fill up most years i'm interested in doing it?

bsnyder
02-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Does this toun fill up most years i'm interested in doing it?

So far we havnt filled ,but it is a well run tourny and the lake is beutifull ,so its just a matter of time.Lots of guys bring there families for some beach time and fishing:)

wishingiwasfishing
02-09-2012, 08:18 PM
How far from Calgary approx?

bsnyder
02-10-2012, 04:14 PM
How far from Calgary approx?

I think it is about 8ish hrs, 6ish from edmonton, 2.5ish from Saskatoon, 3ish from coal lake, 10 min from my house :). We drive 11 ish to the slave lake tournys so this should be a breeze for ya.

Freedom55
02-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I think it is about 8ish hrs, 6ish from edmonton, 2.5ish from Saskatoon, 3ish from coal lake, 10 min from my house :). We drive 11 ish to the slave lake tournys so this should be a breeze for ya.

Only if he drives like you buddy!!!

bsnyder
02-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Only if he drives like you buddy!!!

BAHAHAHA- USOFUNNY (_!_) (_o_) :sHa_sarcasticlol:

bsnyder
02-12-2012, 06:52 AM
:sHa_shakeshout:

Freedom55
02-12-2012, 07:09 AM
I'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria Point, Zig Zag, Ship Island, Rocky Point and East Bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen Lindy rigs; do you think I have enough tackle for a week?

Good times, good fishing, good people. I am hoping to move up 33 places

Free

bsnyder
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
:)i'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria point, zig zag, ship island, rocky point and east bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen lindy rigs; do you think i have enough tackle for a week?

free

:)

bsnyder
03-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Hey Guys

Grace has mailed out new entrys to everyone involved.Hope we didnt miss anyone, ifn so send the one off the website.ITS ALL GOOD:sHa_shakeshout:

warriorboy10
03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Long way to go and a very tough lake to catch eyes in. Some nice size fish just have get them to bite... Would like to fish it but just not worth it. Hate to see someone sign up and be very dissapointed. Just sayin..

Rosaire1
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Long way to go and a very tough lake to catch eyes in. Some nice size fish just have get them to bite... Would like to fish it but just not worth it. Hate to see someone sign up and be very dissapointed. Just sayin..

There is a lot of big fish in this lake and IMO its well worth the drive. According to my friend which did this tourney last year people are very friendly and helpful and its run first class unlike some other tournaments. I do about 7 tourneys a year and I am adding this one to my list. Looking forward to being there, only thing is I whish it could be on a different weekend.

bsnyder
03-07-2012, 11:36 AM
There is a lot of big fish in this lake and IMO its well worth the drive. According to my friend which did this tourney last year people are very friendly and helpful and its run first class unlike some other tournaments. I do about 7 tourneys a year and I am adding this one to my list. Looking forward to being there, only thing is I whish it could be on a different weekend.

Thanks, and yes fishing was tough on the sunday last year but of the other 5 tournys i fished, they were all tough :(.Even, pinhurst was unbeilivably tough.Over 1/2 the teams gots skunked on the sunday.It just was a tough year all around ,most places.I think it was the high water ??? Deleronde can be tough, but on a good day ive seen a lot of big walleye taken out, ive personaly seen a few over 11 pds.And OMG, some big pike also.When the fishing is tough it kinda weeds out the good fisherman fast, the fellow who won last year was on big fish all day while others couldnt find a walleye ( me ) and he was all by himself away from the pack.The team that won the year before was in the money allso ,they had no problems. Its not suposed to be easy ,or anybody could do it :).
Looking forward to seeing you here, we tried to take the best of all the tournys we fish and combine it into ours and the people here are awsum.Good times for all :)
See ya soon
Bob

Freedom55
03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
With the news that two tounaments on the Walleye Tour have been cancelled for 2012, then it would seem logical that some teams that don't already travel to Big River will consider Delaronde Lake as an alternate place to compete.

The guys that did travel to Saskatchewan would have told two friends and two friends... etc.

Probably a good time to get on the top 100 list. No waiting. Big cash.

:sign0111:

Free

TyreeUM
03-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria Point, Zig Zag, Ship Island, Rocky Point and East Bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen Lindy rigs; do you think I have enough tackle for a week?

Free

good luck guys, I look forward to the thread in july with the pictures and the results.

208prov
03-07-2012, 02:41 PM
With the news that two tounaments on the Walleye Tour have been cancelled for 2012, then it would seem logical that some teams that don't already travel to Big River will consider Delaronde Lake as an alternate place to compete.

The guys that did travel to Saskatchewan would have told two friends and two friends... etc.

Probably a good time to get on the top 100 list. No waiting. Big cash.

:sign0111:

Free

Which 2 tourneys? Faust and? i havent heard yet.

bsnyder
03-07-2012, 05:22 PM

All i heard was Faust, hopefully nothing else:rolleye2:

wallycranker
03-07-2012, 08:53 PM
just got my entry for big river missed it last year but fished it first year. Great tournament. People are freindly tournament is run very well.

rapala76
03-07-2012, 09:30 PM
just got my entry for big river missed it last year but fished it first year. Great tournament. People are freindly tournament is run very well.

Where can i get a entry form

wallycranker
03-07-2012, 10:01 PM
talk to bsnyder on the previous replys. if not able to get ahold of him i can send you contact info. can also go to big river walleye classic website

trophyboy
03-07-2012, 10:15 PM
This is a very well run tournament but Delaronde is a very tough lake to catch walleye. If you can find them you will catch them. I would definitely fish this tournament annually but work has a habit of getting in the way. Delaronde is a beautiful lake, extremely vast with alot of pike to be caught, and yes as everyone else said, the people are great!

Freedom55
03-08-2012, 08:12 AM

Sorry. I took information from a wrong source and foolishly repeated it. I'll try to not let it happen again. Faust it is (was?)

Free

Shmag
03-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Sorry. I took information from a wrong source and foolishly repeated it. I'll try to not let it happen again. Faust it is (was?)

Free

I beleive it is 2 tourny's cancelled but only one is on the trail. The merc classic is the one on the trail and the other cancelled derby is the firemans that usually goes june 5th weekend.

Freedom55
03-10-2012, 07:20 AM
I beleive it is 2 tourny's cancelled but only one is on the trail. The merc classic is the one on the trail and the other cancelled derby is the firemans that usually goes june 5th weekend.

Thanks for that. I stand corrected. However, and allow me to repeat myself, an excellent reason to get on the top 100 list early with that many dedicated anglers looking for a fix this season.

Doubling the number of entrants, in this case, doubles the size of the purse.

Free

bsnyder
03-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Where can i get a entry form

bigriverwalleyeclassic.ca :)

bsnyder
03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks for that. I stand corrected. However, and allow me to repeat myself, an excellent reason to get on the top 100 list early with that many dedicated anglers looking for a fix this season.

Doubling the number of entrants, in this case, doubles the size of the purse.

Free

Hey Dave, we done gots your enty form back, wrong address.Just take the one off the website and send that in, holding a spot fer ya:thinking-006:
Looking like some new entrys coming in.One extra spot available ,fellow gave us a bum cheqe (we didnt know at the time ) and then won money.(Which he cashed)Been trying to get our money back to no avail:mad0100:Nice guy eh????:mad0030:He will never be alowed back in , but i cant beileve how a person could have no morals like this ,grrrrrrrrrrrr:argue2:

Freedom55
03-13-2012, 12:00 PM
The cheque is in the mail, with a BigR post mark. So when y'all hand us a cheque in July, somebody is going to owe me. Big. How much is my half of 25 large?

Free (plus day money!!!)

bsnyder
03-14-2012, 06:56 PM
The cheque is in the mail, with a BigR post mark. So when y'all hand us a cheque in July, somebody is going to owe me. Big. How much is my half of 25 large?

Free (plus day money!!!)

:sHa_sarcasticlol:hahaha, well i hope u do win :).Looks like i need a partner for the Big Slave tourny.Anglers Cup!! Big Water, lots of waves.Call me and we will discus the split ifn your interested.:rolleye2:

bsnyder
03-17-2012, 08:58 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:Hey Guys

:sHa_shakeshout:

bsnyder
03-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Hey Guys

:sHa_shakeshout:entrys starting to come in, going to be a great year

208prov
03-23-2012, 07:49 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:entrys starting to come in, going to be a great year

How many entries you got now?

bsnyder
03-24-2012, 07:28 PM
How many entries you got now?

not sure:thinking-006:, i dont look after that end but there is still lots of room.Have a good day:)

bsnyder
04-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Hey Guys

:snapoutofit:

bsnyder
04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
:)THINKING:scared: We should have a meet and greet, shore lunch for AO people who come to our tourny.Be a blast:bad_boys_20:, park on a sandy beach, have lunch and compare tactics? Maybe on the wensday before the weekend?Just a thought , let me know ifn u r interested
BOB:bad_boys_20:

Rosaire1
04-15-2012, 10:46 PM
how many teams registered so far?

bsnyder
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
how many teams registered so far?

not sure ,but it is slow:(. A couple weeks ago we were only at 25.Last year we had about 55 total , soooo still was good prize money and had tons of fun:sHa_shakeshout:. Lots of my tourny buddies havnt sent theres yet(allways last minit :) ):bad_boys_20:

Rosaire1
04-16-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm hoping to make it this year, if i can find a place to stay...

bsnyder
04-17-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm hoping to make it this year, if i can find a place to stay...

Cabins and motels are in short supply:(.Small communitie (800 ish in town)Great camping on and around the lake and area:)

Rosaire1
04-17-2012, 08:12 PM
What day are the fireworks?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Bob is this for the NAWT ? IF I can get a team together I might consider . Im booked for a few tournaments this summer not as many as I like but I dont have a Solid , tournament partner either .

If youd pm me or email me the details that would be Great . bbjtackleandfishingadventures@hotmail.com

Rosaire1
04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
What tournaments are you doing BBJ?

04-17-2012, 09:28 PM
What tournaments are you doing BBJ?

Gonna do Rolling Hills , a Gull lake one , and a Fawcett lake , maybe moose aswell .

Rosaire1
04-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Well good luck!! Moose is sold out but try pinehurst, its a good tourney and there is still about 40 spots available. Also big river ofcourse.

www.walleyetrail.ca

04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Well good luck!! Moose is sold out but try pinehurst, its a good tourney and there is still about 40 spots available. Also big river ofcourse.

www.walleyetrail.ca

Ill give it a look , I gave some serious thought to Fishing Both North and South Walleye but depending on weekend they sometimes clash , But I need a steady partner who knows how to catch fish . And not just say they do LOL .

Do you know if theres anything open for the Angler / young Angler that would be a good one to be apart of .

bsnyder
04-17-2012, 10:46 PM
What day are the fireworks?

not sure ,probably on the first.They are awsum, being blowen over the lake makes it even more cool :)
:)

bsnyder
04-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Bob is this for the NAWT ? IF I can get a team together I might consider . Im booked for a few tournaments this summer not as many as I like but I dont have a Solid , tournament partner either .

If youd pm me or email me the details that would be Great . bbjtackleandfishingadventures@hotmail.com

:)Be great to have u here.Beutifull lake:)Yes its part of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail ,so points do count.Most the info you need is on our website - bigriverwalleyeclassic.ca
Rules and entry form are all there plus camping ,pictures, ect.
Be great ifn we all could meet on the beach for lunch (wensday) before the tourny.Be a blast

bsnyder
04-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Hey Guys

:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::s Ha_shakeshout:

Teamprotz
04-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Off topic, heard Pinehurst is giving the winner an entry to the Vanity !? How is that possible ?

lindyrigger
04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Off topic, heard Pinehurst is giving the winner an entry to the Vanity !? How is that possible ?

ya they have been giving a vanity entry for a while. its not who you know its who you blow!

Rosaire1
04-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Rules say that meeting is at 1pm the day before, is that accurate? Also what time is pre-fish over?

bsnyder
04-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Rules say that meeting is at 1pm the day before, is that accurate? Also what time is pre-fish over?

Crap- somebody didnt change that? Website people hard to work with-hehe/I beileve- Off the lake at noon, rules meeting at 5 Fri, meal at 5 Sat , Awards at 5 Sunday.:)

bsnyder
04-23-2012, 08:18 AM

Vanity is a SPONCER for the Tournament, very easy to do.:)

Princecraft164
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Thinking about trying my hand at tournament fishing, would this be a good tournament to start with? Im only 25. Love to fish, even if anyone need a co-angler for any other tournaments, or knew someone to contact.

How big of a body of water is it? i've only got a 16'4" Princecraft, would it be trouble if the weather kicked up?

Thanks.

bsnyder
04-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Thinking about trying my hand at tournament fishing, would this be a good tournament to start with? Im only 25. Love to fish, even if anyone need a co-angler for any other tournaments, or knew someone to contact.

How big of a body of water is it? i've only got a 16'4" Princecraft, would it be trouble if the weather kicked up?

Thanks.

Glad to have you.The first couple of tounys can be alittle intimitating ,but stick with it .It is also a blast!!!My first tourny (9yrs ago), i was so green ,i didnt know you had to charge your trolling motor batteries evey night(they dont last a week???? ) a couple of great guys took me under there wing and gave me some great pointers to start off and we were away after that.Now i cant get enough (except for the cost :) )
This is a big body of water, 34 miles long but only maybe 2 miles wide and narrower.Lots of guys fish with smaller boats, you dont need a 20 ft boat to fish tournys(it does help tho)Altho , not a Lund :)(joke) your prince craft will handle it no problem.You probably wont have time to go to the North end of the lake , but thats OK.If it gets tooo rough head to a back bay or sumpin.

npauls
04-24-2012, 09:44 AM

Thanks.

Try your hand at it.

I am 28 and going into my 6th or 7th year of tourney fishing now and love it.

If you are one of those guys/gals with a competitive edge and are wired to fish in any type of weather you are going to love tourney fishing.

Your boat should work, just make sure to know your limitations and if you feel uncomfortable about something move to where you feel better.

Like mentioned earlier there is always going to be guys at the tourneys that will help a newcomer out. I was lucky enough to start off with a partner that has fished the trail for years so it was pretty easy for me.

Good luck out there and have some fun.

bsnyder
05-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey Guys

Tourny season starting soon.Cant wait !!!!!!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:
:bad_boys_20:

wellpastcold
05-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey Bob, How many boats have registered?

bsnyder
05-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey Bob, How many boats have registered?

:)Not sure ,less than 40 as of yet.Slow this year ,i get calls everyday from guys worried about ggetting in ,ifn they all send there entrys we will fill :)Last i looked a few of the other tournys arnt filling either, still lots of time.Have a great day, 26 days till we head for Pinehurst:sHa_shakeshout:

208prov
05-05-2012, 04:14 PM
:)Not sure ,less than 40 as of yet.Slow this year ,i get calls everyday from guys worried about ggetting in ,ifn they all send there entrys we will fill :)Last i looked a few of the other tournys arnt filling either, still lots of time.Have a great day, 26 days till we head for Pinehurst:sHa_shakeshout:

26 till moose, you doing moose also Bob.

bsnyder
05-05-2012, 05:51 PM
26 till moose, you doing moose also Bob.

No , not doing Moose:(.Should be good with George running it:). We have two foster children ,so getting a baby sitter to come to tournys is a little tough.Got one for Pinehurst and BigRiver ,and fishing the Anglers with Another guy.Was thinking about Landing and of coarse Premiers and Vanity:sHa_shakeshout:.Wont be hard finding a partner for those two ifn we cant get a baby sitter.:thinking-006:HEHE
Have a great night

bsnyder
05-21-2012, 04:45 PM
:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::s Ha_shakeshout::)

gramps73
05-21-2012, 08:42 PM
B
how are thing going with the event.
hope the numbers are growing every day.
good luck
g73

bsnyder
05-22-2012, 08:06 AM
B
how are thing going with the event.
hope the numbers are growing every day.
good luck
g73

:)more entrys coming in, fishing has been real good so far.We are heading out this aft if the weather holds:sHa_shakeshout:

wellpastcold
05-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi Bob, How many boats do you have registered?

bsnyder
05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi Bob, How many boats do you have registered?

Not sure, i think we are around 40 with more coming each day.Had a meeting last night, everything looks good, im heading out to Alta next Wensday so will be gone till after Anglers.I think i will try to win that one this year-:thinking-006:haha
Have a good night
BOB:bad_boys_20:

Rosaire1
05-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Are there any hazards on Delaronde we should watch for such as rock bars etc.?

Freedom55
05-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Are there any hazards on Delaronde we should watch for such as rock bars etc.?

Let me answer that for you as Bob and his family are off to Alberta for a visit today. In a word, no. There are many weedy flats along the edges, but if you are roaring up to The Narrows (and beyond) stay in the middle and pin it.

Every body leaves from the marina at Sunset Bay and has to pass through a narrow channel out into the lake. Then it is a staggered start at 50+mph. Very well organized. I am boat#6 so if you see me it will be because I move way the heck over and let the faster boats churn up the waters and get there first.

The lake is generally 18' deep with about 6' of water along the shore lines. Once through the narrows, the water deepens to about 60' in Deep Bay and deeper yet in Baseline bay. Be careful between Ship Island (south of The Narrows) and the shore. Big, prop eating boulders. I can email you a map if you pm me

Free

Rosaire1
05-25-2012, 10:26 PM
PM sent, thank you.

wellpastcold
05-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Hey Rosaire, Why is Free talking about moving over to the side to let the fast boats by? Does he know you have a Lund?

bsnyder
06-07-2012, 04:51 PM
back fer a few days till they replace my blown motor:angry3:.Still lots of "ROOM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great tourny ,everyone who comes love the tourny. COME ON GUYS!!!!:snapoutofit:, time is running out:bad_boys_20:

Badlildoggy
06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
I won this tourny the first year and placed third the second, I have to say that after doing several tourneys over the years, this is the best run and funnest tourny I have yet to experience. Regretfully, I can not attend this year but I highly recommend it. Bob and friends, you have done a great job and I hope to see you all again next year.

bsnyder
06-08-2012, 06:22 PM
I won this tourny the first year and placed third the second, I have to say that after doing several tourneys over the years, this is the best run and funnest tourny I have yet to experience. Regretfully, I can not attend this year but I highly recommend it. Bob and friends, you have done a great job and I hope to see you all again next year.

What are you talking about???:fighting0030: You not coming????:mad0030: No chance to even things up???:argue2:You Potlicker------ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :sHa_sarcasticlol:,Just kidding :):), too bad , we will miss you and your nice family.You were just afraid you might make another baby ifn you won?---Hahahah:)See ya next year, dont be a stranger:bad_boys_20:

bsnyder
06-10-2012, 08:00 AM
back fer a few days till they replace my blown motor:angry3:.Still lots of "ROOM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great tourny ,everyone who comes love the tourny. COME ON GUYS!!!!:snapoutofit:, time is running out:bad_boys_20:

:bad_boys_20::bad_boys_20::bad_boys_20:

bsnyder
06-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Someone at Pinehurst started a False Story ,that we are cancelling due to weather or sumpin.:angry3:
THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!! Tournament is great and in full swing!!!Fishing is awsume right now, hope it continues:bad_boys_20:

Rosaire1
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Thats good to hear as i am signed up. So how many boats are registered so far?

bsnyder
06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Thats good to hear as i am signed up. So how many boats are registered so far?

still less than 40 i think.I cant figure it out:thinking-006:.We probably have the best run tourny anywhere, great lake and marina ,the people are freindly(even me sometimes)no scale problems, big fish .I dont know.Have had 4 cancelations, knee operations, sick wifes, work issues,ect.We gave there money back, most dont.Fishing can be tough sometimes, but if was too easy -what would be the point?haha:) Owell , those who come will have fun.I know of 4or5 guys signing up at the rules meeting.
Thinking of meeting all AOL and SK Forum members for a quik shore lunch(byob) on the wen before the tourny.Be great to meet everyone:bad_boys_20:

gramps73
06-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey Bsnyder...
Keep your head up, these thing are tough to run and you do one hell of a job. It is unfortunate that things that happen on other events effect others...
Good luck with the fishing...
g73

bsnyder
06-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey Bsnyder...
Keep your head up, these thing are tough to run and you do one hell of a job. It is unfortunate that things that happen on other events effect others...
Good luck with the fishing...
g73

Thanks Gramps.No it is not easy, and there is a ton of work putting these on.We do it for the communitie and the love of tourny fishing.Definatly not for the money-haha and to show off our lakes, clean clear ,cold beutifull lakes.
Thanks Again
Bob (the builder)

Topwater
06-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Bob how from Nipawin are you? I'm thinking bout maybe coming. Just gotta find a partner
Steve

npauls
06-17-2012, 10:44 PM
If I can cash a decent cheque at Ridge next weekend I will do my best to make it out there. I am interested in trying a few sask. tourneys out and this one is one of the ones on my list.

bsnyder
06-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Bob how from Nipawin are you? I'm thinking bout maybe coming. Just gotta find a partner
Steve

Hi there, just got back from the Anglers Cup.We are only 3-4ish hrs from Nipawin.We are fishing 3 tournys in Nipawin this year:)U would like it here

bsnyder
06-18-2012, 08:26 AM
If I can cash a decent cheque at Ridge next weekend I will do my best to make it out there. I am interested in trying a few sask. tourneys out and this one is one of the ones on my list.

Would love to see you here, hoping to meet all the AOL members for a shore lunch wensday:). We need some more support this year, everyone seems short of funds and time (me tooo :) ) Ifn we dont get at least 55 teams again, they are talking of cancelling next year.:confused::confused::confused:That would be a SAD day, this is a great tourny and lots of fun.:)Hope to see you here
THKS:bad_boys_20:

bsnyder
06-20-2012, 08:07 PM
:snapoutofit:Oh Ya,- the biggest fish for the Western Canadian Walleye Trail was caught here again.Thats two years in a row for big fish :sHa_shakeshout:

:snapoutofit:

skykomish sunrise
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Hope the tourney is going in the future...hoping to get the baasscat into sk next year. Couldn't book the time this year but will be hitting things harder next.

Rosaire1
06-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Honestly you need to change the date. Big fish, great volunteers, awsome little town, very hospitable, and very well run tournament. If you pick a different weekend you'd get double or triple the teams right off the bat. Just my 2 cents. Hope it doesnt go away.

npauls
06-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I like that it is on a long weekend. It gives everyone that travels any sort of distance that extra day to get home, unpack and relax a bit before heading back to work.

Freedom55
06-21-2012, 07:39 AM
It starts Tuesday. Trying a new (and different) prop.

Timberland motel; black Z71 step-side and white Lund.

Lunch (byob) for AO et al guys on Wednesday at beach WSW of Ship Island.

Free

bsnyder
06-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Honestly you need to change the date. Big fish, great volunteers, awsome little town, very hospitable, and very well run tournament. If you pick a different weekend you'd get double or triple the teams right off the bat. Just my 2 cents. Hope it doesnt go away.

We have thought about it , but like mr paul said , it does give everyone from out of province an extra day.Plus the fireworks on Canada Day are unbeilevable blowing up over the lake.The fish police wont let us have it any later and every other earlier weekend is got a tourny (except faust for now :(:sad0071: )Its hard to make everyone happy:argue2:, but we do try.Travel time would also be an issue ifn we moved into Fausts spot, its about 11 hr drive:sign0068: here from there on a regular weekend, wont work.Getting a few more guys ,some arriving today.Im heading out right now for my first day on Deleronde to prefish.Hope i findem this year:)
Seeyalator:scared0018:

Rosaire1
06-21-2012, 09:28 PM
It starts Tuesday. Trying a new (and different) prop.

Timberland motel; black Z71 step-side and white Lund.

Lunch (byob) for AO et al guys on Wednesday at beach WSW of Ship Island.

Free

Always great hospitality from our Sask neighbours. Im also staying at Timberland. See ya there.

2fastswalleye
06-23-2012, 03:07 PM
We have thought about it , but like mr paul said , it does give everyone from out of province an extra day.Plus the fireworks on Canada Day are unbeilevable blowing up over the lake.The fish police wont let us have it any later and every other earlier weekend is got a tourny (except faust for now :(:sad0071: )Its hard to make everyone happy:argue2:, but we do try.Travel time would also be an issue ifn we moved into Fausts spot, its about 11 hr drive:sign0068: here from there on a regular weekend, wont work.Getting a few more guys ,some arriving today.Im heading out right now for my first day on Deleronde to prefish.Hope i findem this year:)
Seeyalator:scared0018:

Money gonna stay in sask this year sorry guys. Hour n half drive for me. Having it on July long works good for me :sHa_shakeshout: shore lunch still on?

bsnyder
06-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Money gonna stay in sask this year sorry guys. Hour n half drive for me. Having it on July long works good for me :sHa_shakeshout: shore lunch still on?

Sure is ,wensday at noon.Beech inbehind shipwreck island.BYO .stuff -hehehe.Be great to meet everyone, even Free (bahaha,kidding DAVE :) )Went out by myself today for the afternoon:).2 unders and 1 over.Im a happy guy, and nothing broke=yahoo.:sHa_shakeshout:

2fastswalleye
06-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Well that is success one might say. I can't get onto our fishing sask sight for some reason. The lake must have been like glass yesterday. If work Wasn't involved I would be there already. Hope the weather holds. I wish I could find map of the lake and some potential hazards I forget almost. :(

Freedom55
06-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Well that is success one might say. I can't get onto our fishing sask sight for some reason. The lake must have been like glass yesterday. If work Wasn't involved I would be there already. Hope the weather holds. I wish I could find map of the lake and some potential hazards I forget almost. :(

pm me an email address. I will send you one.

Free

bsnyder
06-24-2012, 06:36 PM
pm me an email address. I will send you one.

Free

THKS DAVE:) Can u EMAIL me a copy toooooo, pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!!!:bad_boys_20:

npauls
06-24-2012, 07:49 PM
No go for me this year.

Me and my partner bombed the ridge tourney so I don't have the funds to head out there.

Hopefully it is still around next year for me to try out.

Good luck to everyone that is participating in this event.

bsnyder
06-24-2012, 09:09 PM
No go for me this year.

Me and my partner bombed the ridge tourney so I don't have the funds to head out there.

Hopefully it is still around next year for me to try out.

Good luck to everyone that is participating in this event.

AWWWWW. thats too bad,:( would of been nice to meet ya and you could tell all those southerners what a beutifull place we have here. SAD :(

npauls
06-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Trust me if I had any money available I would be out there fishing that tourney. I am choked at myself for not figuring out a lake that I fish a lot and getting us into a few legals over the whole weekend.

I really hope your tourney is a huge success so I can make it out there next season hopefully.

Freedom55
06-25-2012, 07:28 PM
THKS DAVE:) Can u EMAIL me a copy toooooo, pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!!!:bad_boys_20:

I'll bring a copy and meet you at DJ's for lunch Tuesday. hap/hap on the tab.

Free

lindyrigger
06-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Anyone know who won big river this year

npauls
06-26-2012, 08:49 PM

The tourney is this coming weekend.

bsnyder
06-27-2012, 01:46 AM

powers back on fer a while, out for 24ish hrs.We dont have a Fortune teller here so i cant tell you:)-bahaha , but sometime next week the results will be on our website once we are done and cleaned up.U should come? Still time :)

2fastswalleye
06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
What are we gonna do bob she is a tad breezy on the water lol ol shore lunch might be tomorrow ?

Rosaire1
06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
how is the pre-fish? any big ones caught? what area should we target?

bsnyder
06-27-2012, 09:17 PM
What are we gonna do bob she is a tad breezy on the water lol ol shore lunch might be tomorrow ?

Had a nice shore lunch with Free and last years winner Brian.It wasnt a nice day but we had fun.Rain has raised the lake even higher,crap.Might have to wear hip waders at the weigh station.

bsnyder
06-27-2012, 09:30 PM
how is the pre-fish? any big ones caught? what area should we target?

well ,with all this rain and wind and a huge low hitting us from the south , its hard to say.This is what i heard, tough bite all over, low numbers north end, 9+ pnder 6 days ago around shipwreak island, locals in pontune boat tied up to beaver hut with satilite dish in narrows , caught limit 3 days in a row with yellow ,5 of dimand, big fish caught off deadmans point, small fish in front of pickeral point creek.fish are in transition from spawning grounds to summer feeding areas.A high is mov ing in, better weather, hopefully turn fish on fer weekend-yahhhhhh
Still raining,crap

Teamprotz
06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Good luck guys , family commitments or i'd be there. Lac des Isles here i come.

bsnyder
07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey Guys

:sHa_shakeshout:Well, i gota say .Another success!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:The numbers coulda been better, but it is what it is.Lots of prizes and good cash.Few whiners, but there allways are.Awsum communitie support, with even a chearing section when guys come in.Storm blew in and shut down the bite a bit, but the experianced guys found fish( not me , :scared:)Everyone had a great time, looking at changing the date to first tourny of the year, maybe.Results will be posted on our website soon.Thanks fer all your suport :)

bobalong
07-01-2012, 07:48 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:Well, i gota say .Another success!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:The numbers coulda been better, but it is what it is.Lots of prizes and good cash.Few whiners, but there allways are.Awsum communitie support, with even a chearing section when guys come in.Storm blew in and shut down the bite a bit, but the experianced guys found fish( not me , :scared:)Everyone had a great time, looking at changing the date to first tourny of the year, maybe.Results will be posted on our website soon.Thanks fer all your suport :)

So..............who won

bsnyder
07-01-2012, 08:14 PM
So..............who won

Terrance (yushishun ? cant even guess at the spellin -haha) 1st and Ron , presedent of WCW Trail came second.Terrance put on a school as usual.Wish he would teach me - haha

nicemustang
07-01-2012, 09:15 PM

Thanks for putting on a great event bob, even though we didn't have as much luck as we needed either. Oh well prefish was good...:sign0176:

bsnyder
07-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Thanks for putting on a great event bob, even though we didn't have as much luck as we needed either. Oh well prefish was good...:sign0176:

:)So glad u came. Allways next year (thats what i keep telling myself too :) )

Shmag
07-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Terrance (yushishun ? cant even guess at the spellin -haha) 1st and Ron , presedent of WCW Trail came second.Terrance put on a school as usual.Wish he would teach me - haha

Wow, he's having a great year...he also won the anglers cup in slave....Doing something right....Congrats !!!

bobalong
07-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Wow, he's having a great year...he also won the anglers cup in slave....Doing something right....Congrats !!!

He has had a few "good" years, probably getting close to making a good living fishing tournaments.

bsnyder
07-02-2012, 10:33 AM
He has had a few "good" years, probably getting close to making a good living fishing tournaments.

i wish he would teach me how to fish:thinking-006:

Shmag
07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
i wish he would teach me how to fish:thinking-006:

Ya, X2....i wish he would teach you how to fish as well. Haha:sHa_sarcasticlol:

bsnyder
07-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Ya, X2....i wish he would teach you how to fish as well. Haha:sHa_sarcasticlol:

HAHA, usofunny:sHa_sarcasticlol:usually my wife catches all the big fish but she let me down this year- haha( dont tell her i said that:scared0018:)

Freedom55
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Okay. So we came in 30th. Moves me up 4 spots from last year. At that rate I should win in 2019 or 2020. Before that time the roster will be full and I will get my money back!!

On the other hand, of the three lakes I fished on the Western Canadian Walleye Tour, I personally boated 24 walleye, 64 pike and two suckers. 80 hours in the boat, 2000 miles in the truck and way too many laughs. Would have been closer to 50 walleye if the damned E-tech didn't shut down, losing us 60-70 more boat hours. (A shout-out to BRP and Supreme Marine, St. Paul, AB, for getting that engine replaced, under full warranty, and back on the water in 7 days!!!)

Out of 115 crawler harnesses pre-tied, 26 are recycled having lost only one hook, and 18 are lost to the pike gods. Two pounds of leeches gone and about 5 tubs of minnows. Five dozen dew worms rotted in the rain and one #6 hook imbedded in my hand.

Lots of old friends greeted and many new friends made.

Back on Delaronde, of the approx. 250 walleye caught for weighing, only 5 did not survive. A real credit to the fish handling abilities of the anglers. (2% mortality rate)

As Terrance Yachyshyn stated at the last awards ceremony, "Big River is a class act...more of you should bring a friend [and a boat] next year... number one venue on the tour."

Free (to talk to a therapist about my addiction.)

wellpastcold
07-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey Bob, Heard the fish cops were out checking guys from Alberta for leeches and proof that they were purchased in Saskatchewan. I also heard some had leeches confiscated and were ticketed. Is this true? Was anybody disqualified?

208prov
07-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey Bob, Heard the fish cops were out checking guys from Alberta for leeches and proof that they were purchased in Saskatchewan. I also heard some had leeches confiscated and were ticketed. Is this true? Was anybody disqualified?

Don't quote me but i heard 17 guys caught at the border at LLyodminster?
not sure if this is 100% true, The source never said anything about tournament boats.

Saskeye
07-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I heared some guys saying that it was Mel Barr. I think thats the guy that used to run the Faust Tournament.

gramps73
07-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I would be 10000% sure of the guy before posting there name.
just saying

Teamprotz
07-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Did see trucks and boats heading east out of LLoyd getting pulled over for no apparent reason. Needs to be more checks of the bait sort going on.

gramps73
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Team
if you buy your bait on the Alberta side of town you can not take it over to the other side?

Teamprotz
07-08-2012, 05:53 PM
No , but depends where it is caught. My bait comes from the Sask side and is purchased on the Sask side. One store in LLoyd insists on selling bait from a guy farther west. It can't legally be used Sask.

gramps73
07-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I personally don't see the difference between leeches form Alberta to Sask or from the US, maybe the ones from alberta are man eaters

Teamprotz
07-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Worried about importing diseases. And the ones I saw that came from the USA through Med Hat make a big splash when they hit the water!:thinking-006: Stuff horror movies are made with !:sHa_sarcasticlol:

bsnyder
07-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Ya, i heard one guy was caught.Funny thing is , the fish police knew who all the alta fishermen where and aproximatly when they were crossing the boarder and what vehicals they were driving.Somebody had a hardon fer these guys:thinking-006:, and squealed on them.Think they know who too:mad3:.Didnt happen at the tourny ,so no DQs.
Cost the guy $500 for only a handfull of leftover leeches.
Cant say i agree with this law, seems real silly, allowing them in Alberta and not Sask.Owell ,what do i know:sign0161: