PDA

View Full Version : Is something wrong with my ugly stick?

TheKi
02-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Brand new out of the box. The rod between the first two guides from the top is clear. IS this right, or will it break?http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n535/tyler_tyler/stuff017.jpg

Geezle
02-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Don't worry, that's normal :)

npauls
02-08-2012, 09:08 PM
That is how they are made.

Go check out some ugly sticks in a fishing shop and you will see that they are all the same.

TheKi
02-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Ok thanks! Can i ask why they do that?

Digger1
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM

Probably to give us something to talk about. Mine's like that too :)

Woody_16
02-08-2012, 09:38 PM

Maybe it glows in the dark or is just for easier visibility? A few of mine are like that as well.

Guitarplayingfish
02-08-2012, 09:41 PM
The ugly stiks I have seen lately really disappoint me.. The brackets holding all the eyes are very thin and weak.. I have a few older ones with super strong reinforced brackets, haven't seen them around lately although I would think they still make em.

WayneChristie
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
The ugly stiks I have seen lately really disappoint me.. The brackets holding all the eyes are very thin and weak.. I have a few older ones with super strong reinforced brackets, haven't seen them around lately although I would think they still make em.

I dont like the new guides either, they tend to bend very easy, but they are still a strong rod. the clear tip is a gimmick to show that its an uglystick, although a few models are coloured now

HunterDave
02-08-2012, 10:12 PM

It's an Ugly Stick and they wanted to make them more ugly. I looked at them at WSS today and they are all like that. It wouldn't surprise me if the lack of coating on the clear portion makes it a bit more sensitive so you can pick up nibbles a bit easier. Anything on their website?

Mike_W
02-08-2012, 10:19 PM

It glows!

FishingFrenzy
02-08-2012, 10:47 PM
When I saw the title, I got a little scared for what I might find within....:scared:

Good thing we're talking FISHING rods. All ugly sticks are like that, just for looks I think. Rhino has that on some of their rods as well...personally I think it looks pretty cool.

BeeGuy
02-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Try a blue pill. That should straighten out any problems with your ugly stick in no time.

Sundancefisher
02-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Try a blue pill. That should straighten out any problems with your ugly stick in no time.

X2...ask the wife what is wrong.

Geezle
02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
It glows!

When I saw the title, I got a little scared for what I might find within....:scared:

Good thing we're talking FISHING rods. All ugly sticks are like that, just for looks I think. Rhino has that on some of their rods as well...personally I think it looks pretty cool.

We checked it out last summer...the tip on the Ugly Stick does not glow but the tip on the Rhino does :)

Bhflyfisher
02-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Ah man, people beat me to the wiener joke.

pickrel pat
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Ah man, people beat me to the wiener joke.

only by a dozen hours.....:) love my ugly stick. takes a regular beating and still performs. i dont even use a protective case for mine. i predict ill still be using it for many years to come....:sHa_shakeshout:

FishingFrenzy
02-09-2012, 12:50 PM
only by a dozen hours.....:) love my ugly stick. takes a regular beating and still performs. i dont even use a protective case for mine. i predict ill still be using it for many years to come....:sHa_shakeshout:

If your not using a rod sock you should probably get the guides tied....

gilbertslake
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM

Unless your wife does a "Bobbitt" job on ya :sHa_shakeshout:

TheKi
02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
:thinking-006: Grow up Bee Guy

Kim473
02-10-2012, 05:54 AM
If your not using a rod sock you should probably get the guides tied....

ROD SOCK! GUIDES TIED!

Who makes up all these names for fishing stuff?
Allmost spit coffee out my nose.

LMAO.