PDA

View Full Version : Upper/Lower K

jts1
02-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Seems that I don't do well when it comes to Bulls through the ice on the Upper or Lower K. Anyone willing to help a guy out with some tips?

Eddy62
02-09-2012, 06:23 AM
i was told to use 3 inch white plugs on a heavy jig. lime green. and smash the jig off the bottom wait and do it again, the fellow angler than told me to let big ones go .apparently good with bullies and lake trout.

i have yet to try,,,,but never no good fishing to ya bro and good luck.........................later:)

gordfishing
02-09-2012, 07:34 AM
years ago I jigged a swedish pimple with good results caught my biggest trout on the upper 7.5 lbs
good luck

goldscud
02-09-2012, 10:28 AM
"let big ones go"

I guess he only eats the small Bull trout.....?
Rules, what rules?

BeeGuy
02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
The small ones might be the cutties.

I don't think I've seen a Bull under 4lbs out of the lower K.

Daceminnow
02-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Seems that I don't do well when it comes to Bulls through the ice on the Upper or Lower K. Anyone willing to help a guy out with some tips?

post #4 should point you in the right direction. electronics are essential in my mind. have fun.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=118691&highlight=Upper%2FLower

Dace

jts1
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys. I was thinking of heading out there this wekend and having another go at it. If I do the upper I tend to set up in front of the water fall, just out of the bays edge. As for the lower I am some what at a loss for locations. There is the allways the spillway from Upper to Lower. But I am sure there is some other locations that a guy can set up at. Maybe I will just start heading west from the spill way and see what I can find. Am open for a trip either tomorrow or Sunday as I think I am headed to Gull on Saturday if anyone is free.