PDA

View Full Version : Starting already

Hoochie Papa
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I have been getting this years hunting plans started. This is what I have so far.--
Hunting the same piece of crown land again. I know the area, I know there's elk there. so why change right?
Taking the holiday trailer again. Might as well be comfortable.
Here's the first change.- I will be taking a tent, and all the other things necessary to have a spike camp. If I find the elk, but can't get to them soon enough, I am going to head back to the trailer, grab the tent, and spend the night on the mountain. No sense in starting all over in the morning from square one.
Change #2= Decoy. I am going to anty up and spend way too much for a decoy. Not sure if it will be the rear view or side view one. Feel free to offer a suggestion on that one.
Change #3= Calling. Got the Hoochie Mama now, so that's a big advantage.
Change #4= Mapping. Even though I know the area fairly well, I will be taking satellite maps with me, and tracking the elk patterns for the week. The biggest problem I am having with this is Google earth gets really fuzzy just before my area. I can't zoom in very close, or else it looks like one of my daughter's coloring projects.

Would appreciate any feedback or other suggestions to help make this a successful hunt this year. They are enjoyable every year, but I would enjoy some success too.

And as always, open invitation for both beginners or veteran bowhunters.