PDA

View Full Version : Perch lake

chessduude
02-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I know no one wants to give away there secret perch lake and that is fine and I understand it completely. I am looking for someone to PM me with their own favorite perch lake spot. In return I will give you my secret spot. Mine is an unnamed lake only known to locals and it is within a 2.5 hour radius of the city. I will only share my spot with the first 2 or 3 people that respond with a descent lead I will not share your lead and expect you not to share mine. I dont want cross or nakamun or north buck or like these popular lakes I am looking for a secret one like the one i know of. I am looking for something less than 2-3 hours from city. Please do not send me on a wild goose chase cause i wont send you on one. I guess if you are well known to these boards you are a man/woman of your word. I will be as well. My dad is nearing the end of his fishing life and he may have only a few trips left in him and looking to hook into a couple nice spots before he passes on. Not looking for quantity but quality.

Cheers,
Chess

topgun2269
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
cross lake

nakamin

snipe

utikima

long island lake

wolf lake

chessduude
02-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks all I have lots of hotspots now and to those of you who try my secret lake pls PM me with your results when you come back!!

Chess

Levy
02-09-2012, 08:23 PM
You talking Wolf Lake North of Iron River? I know there are keeper perch in Corner lake but i haven't seen anything over four inches in Wolf my whole life, and i haven't ever heard of anyone fishing it for perch either.

topgun2269
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
very good perch

Walleye101
02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Big Walleye's too!!!!

pickrel pat
02-10-2012, 01:48 PM
lame attempt at getting peeps honey holes...... lol.

Kevwood
02-10-2012, 01:55 PM
cross lake

nakamin

snipe

utikima

long island lake

wolf lake

Haha, all lakes that are over run by fisherman...winterkilled in the last few years or have small perch or perch that will not bite...beauty!!!

Ruzycki
02-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Pm sent for a perch lake. Waiting for my pm for your perch lake..

pickrel pat
02-10-2012, 02:44 PM

your either joking or the same guy....... right?

Ruzycki
02-10-2012, 04:23 PM
What are u talking about?

chessduude
02-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Thanks to lots dont need anymore tips please all dont pm wanting my spot anymore I am good now.

Chess

Levy
02-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Haha, all lakes that are over run by fisherman...winterkilled in the last few years or have small perch or perch that will not bite...beauty!!!
I don't know about the other lakes but i can certainly agree about Wolf. You would think being the 4th generation of angler in the area i might have an idea as to whats worth targeting in there. I have tried fishing for perch in there several times in the past and I never caught a thing.

Kevwood
02-11-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't know about the other lakes but i can certainly agree about Wolf. You would think being the 4th generation of angler in the area i might have an idea as to whats worth targeting in there. I have tried fishing for perch in there several times in the past and I never caught a thing.
Cross and Nak catch decent & have lots of action but enjoy fishing under someone's tailgate...ave size 6-7 inch. Utikuma and snipe are pretty shallow, Utikuma winterkilled about 5 years ago and can be hit & miss...I've never been to snipe, but heard it was slow, fished Long island once this year, saw a few small perch, but not interested in biting lots of tiny pike in that lake, and well you described wolf...

perchie15
02-12-2012, 10:00 AM

Yeah tell me bout t haven't got mine yet..

TROLLER
02-12-2012, 11:37 AM
What was the name of that fish that no one keeps and some throw back while others just leave em on the ice.

hmmmmmm oh yeah I remember "SUCKERS"

perchie15
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Anybody get tips??

pikeslayer22
03-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I did...never checked it out yet....but I'm sure it will be a good spot!

chessduude
03-08-2012, 07:25 PM
perchie whats your problem i gave you your tip earlier today? it wasnt good enough for you?

chessduude
03-08-2012, 08:04 PM
like i posted 3 weeks ago in same thread dont give me any more spots please i have lots of spots to scope out so no more pms about your spots cause i dont wannna give my spot out to too many people thanks!!

Chess

sloughshark
03-09-2012, 10:09 PM
boys its all about presentation with perch..very little effort is put in by many anglers .if u see them and they come to the hook their catchable ,my two cents

perchie15
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
perchie whats your problem i gave you your tip earlier today? it wasnt good enough for you?

No I met tips like on how to catch them...

perchie15
03-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Hey guys!!!!! Thankfully I work up north n didn't go outta my way, I figured id stop in to this mysterious number 3 lake!!! Way back in some bush!!! Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just a big slough surrounded by muskeg. No activity what so ever on the "lake"!!!!! So thought I'd give you all a heads up so u don't waste fuel coming from edmon. If u live close by try it. But I couldn't cuz my auger is a hammer n chisel lol!!!

Shmag
03-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Hey guys!!!!! Thankfully I work up north n didn't go outta my way, I figured id stop in to this mysterious number 3 lake!!! Way back in some bush!!! Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just a big slough surrounded by muskeg. No activity what so ever on the "lake"!!!!! So thought I'd give you all a heads up so u don't waste fuel coming from edmon. If u live close by try it. But I couldn't cuz my auger is a hammer n chisel lol!!!

Just a guess, but guessing so far you are the only one that fell for it...:sign0161:

Jamie Black R/T
03-16-2012, 09:47 AM

so the lake is dead cause nobody else was fishing it?

lakes worth keeping a secret very rarely have a lot of activity on them.

Just saying....whos to say you wouldnt have slain a bunch of 14 inchers had you actually fished it.

perchie15
03-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Well how many other lakes have bunch of sticks sticking up threw The ice and a bit of brush?? Besides I got someone to look up see if there's been any activity of fish there with a wildlife assessment report n was nothing!!! For fish activity,

Yea I fell for it but not like I went an hour out of my way. Curiousity got the best of me is all!'