PDA

View Full Version : Boots for Ice Fishing

CSI-WALLEYE
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM
I am looking for some warm, water-proof boots for ice fishing. I have looked at Bogs classic high mt and Muck arctic pros. They look water-proof and are comfortable but don't seem like they would be that warm (especially the Bogs). I have a pair of Baffin pac boots but they are not very waterproof (not the best for drilling holes). I would appreciate feedback regarding your good and not so good experince with boots. Cold feet while ice fishing realy sucks.

Thanks.

WayneChristie
02-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I wear Kamik rubber boots with the insulated removable liner.

Rob
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Insulated NEOs by far. These puppies are 100% waterproof, insulated and slip on over your shoes - so you can drive to the lake wearing whatever you want, get out and slip them on. GOOGLE them. They're about $130 and the best boots I've worn ice fishing yet.

gl2
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
welcome to the forum.....:sSig_welcome2:

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/extreme-cold

liar
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
we went through this last year a few times . there are hundreds of opinions .
i still like my dunlop purofort boots , but thats just me !!!

WayneChristie
02-09-2012, 09:40 PM
dont forget about socks, they are at least as important as boots. dipped my foot in the hole last weekend and my feet were still warm all day because of my socks.

another fisherman
02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
I bought a pair this year best ice fishing boots ever completely water proof your feet are always warm rated for -70.Ice armour boots were made for ice fishing. I ordered mine from reeds sports there were $159.99 and delivered in 4days.Go to www.ReedsSports.com or call them at 1 800 346 0019 if interested.

horsetrader
02-09-2012, 09:57 PM

x2 canadian tire warm and dry

OttCan
02-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Pick up some boots with a removable lining, also, buy them a size or two big. That way you can stuff in either a couple layers of the felt insoles or even a piece of rigid foam insulation...keeping your feet warm is key and the way to do that is keep them as far off the ice as possible, as a Thermal Break.

The Dunlop boots look great for thermal break, the treads are at least 1/2-3/4" thick! But they're also higher priced.

Basically pick your budget and pick whats most comfortable for you!

My boots just split along the side of the tread, about 3" long...Ill have to replace them shortly.

Best of luck in your search!

Willowtrail
02-09-2012, 11:24 PM
My first set of Kamiks leaked. Not so warm. Second pair was better but I upgraded to Muck Arctic Sport this year and absolutely love them. Dry, warm and awesome. Well worth the price tag.

ditchpickle
02-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I love my big clunky Sorels. Warm, waterproof, and the ladies love them.

New Hunter Okotoks
02-10-2012, 12:18 AM
I wear Sorel Intrepid 100 Boots. They are big and heavy but very warm. After I got the socks just right,the boots were better than when I first started wearing them. I was wearing too big of a sock and more room in the boot=more heat generated. I just wear 1 pair of fairly thin merino wool socks.

If I had known about the Irish Setters someone posted^^^^^^ I would have checked those out as well.

briverb
02-10-2012, 06:31 AM
I went with the Baffin Driller boots years ago. One of the best winter purchases I have ever made.

http://www.gear-up.com/cart_showproduct.php?pid=11418

Your feet will never get wet or be cold in these puppies.

Not ideal for walking long distances due to the weight. I wear my hanwags and gators when hiking in or dragging my sled onto the ice. Once I am ready to drill holes and start fishing I slap these boots on and am good for the day.

owlhoot
02-10-2012, 06:56 AM
I use the baffins, comfort rated for -100c, bulky but warm, i screwed #8 x 1/2" hexhead machine screws to the big lugs on the bottom for ice grips

stampsfan
02-10-2012, 07:36 AM
+1 on the Baffins

Rumtan
02-10-2012, 07:55 AM
I also have Baffins and absolutly reccomend them......well worth the money !

Geezle
02-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Last year when we had the crazy flood water I was wearing the insulated Kamik rubber boots, but this summer I got a crack in them at work and had to toss 'em. This year I've been wearing my old Wind River boots rated for -100C that are still comfy as ever. Just gotta pay attention and make sure you don't totally soak yourself when you break through with the auger.

Heck, on some of the nice days we've had this season I was even out drilling holes in my runners :cool:

finner-duramax
02-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Dunlops with the bama socks..
all i wear for ice fishing, and at work, they work great

beerhonky
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I wear bunny boots (Mickey Mouse Boots). They are clunky and look ridiculous, but I love them. They fit big so I would recomend ordering a size smaller then normal.

http://www.mickeymouseboots.com/

TROLLER
02-10-2012, 11:40 AM

And that is the key to keeping your feet warm.

BobaFett
02-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Baffin Trappers are a really good, no nonsense boot for a reasonable rpice. They are rubber boots with removable liners. I have used mine in very cold weather and also in wet conditions.

If you are looking for good very cold weather boots, it is tough to beat Sorel Glaciers. They are rated to something like -70C. Likely not as good in wet conditions.

Boba.

CSI-WALLEYE
02-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the responses! I guess this is like asking what is the best fishing rod, as many opinions as fishermen. I decided not to go with the rubber boots. I bought a pair of Cabelas Camo Inferno Pac Boots. They were on for half price (only $80.00). They have 2000 gs of thinsulate and are waterproof. I will give them a test this weekend.

Thanks again for the responses.

H380
02-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the responses! I guess this is like asking what is the best fishing rod, as many opinions as fishermen. I decided not to go with the rubber boots. I bought a pair of Cabelas Camo Inferno Pac Boots. They were on for half price (only $80.00). They have 2000 gs of thinsulate and are waterproof. I will give them a test this weekend.

Thanks again for the responses.

I beleive you'll like them , got mine for late season treestand hunting and they are great .