PDA

View Full Version : Bait Shops

CamoDerrick
02-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I was wandering through all the old threads about possible bait shops around Edmonton, couldn't find any (maybe I suck at searching?).
Anyways, I wondering if anyone could direct me to bait shops they use. I usually purchase from the FH. But that is getting expensive. Any suggestions?

Geezle
02-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Depends on what you're after.

If you're looking for big fishy bait for pike then your best bet is T&T or Superstore. The Billingsgate seafood place on Calgary Trail has some good stuff sometimes too, but it can be a little pricey.

As for regular bait...worms, smelts, minnows etc. you've got TFH, WSS, and Cabelas as the obvious choices. I'm also aware of a Mohawk on 66st around 33ave that carries bait, a Husky on 82st a few blocks North of the Yellowhead, and in Fort Sask there's a Husky downtown that has bait. Oh, and I think a FasGas on Stony Plain Rd heading West out of town.

All the gas stations will probably be fairly similar in price to TFH, but may be a bit more convenient. For fishy stuff the grocery stores will be cheapest. All in all not a whole lot to be had for deals, but if you go to TFH at least you can get a bait card, and once it's full you get $5 back towards your next purchase. Every little bit helps :)

CamoDerrick
02-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Awesome Geezle, thanks.
I have gotten smelts from safeway the odd time, but it seems to be hit or miss if they have any or not. And most employees there seem to have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask haha.
Just wish there would be an easier way to get fresh maggots and such, and considering how much some of you guys fish I was hoping there was a go-to-place.