PDA

View Full Version : mons lake

brian_edm
02-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Been doing some reading up about Mons Lake. Not that far of a drive from my place. Anyone fished it this winter? Mitchell's guide says its supposed to be good for perch. Any opinions?

buckbrushoutdoors
02-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Go try it out see how it is.

Rumtan
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
The problem with Barry Mitchells Guide is that the info is usually out of date. Now that being said I should point out that the info on directions and species is mostly true but the sizes are not the most acurate. Take it waith a grain of salt and you should be OK.

brian_edm
02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
might just give it a go and see what happens. Supposed to be nice on sunday anyways. Thanks for the info

Paul C
02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
The problem with Barry Mitchells Guide is that the info is usually out of date. Now that being said I should point out that the info on directions and species is mostly true but the sizes are not the most acurate. Take it waith a grain of salt and you should be OK.
X2 I wish he would revise that guide. Mons lake was winter killed a few years back. The lake has huge pike that are very aggressive to catch. I think that lake needs to be re-visited to see how it is doing now. A couple years in a row it was fun perching in 25 feet of water.

fishunter77
02-10-2012, 11:57 PM
small lake that gets fished hard winter and summer. It can't support the number of anglers on it. Not much left in it.

bdb42
02-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Might just go anyways and try it out. There are a couple more lakes over in that general area that I have wanted to try and if those are bust Long Lake isn't too much further to go. I just need to get out and try some different lakes. Fish or no fish, it should be a good time none the less :)