PDA

View Full Version : Canada post- has anyone elses mail been slow or non existant

leeaspell
02-10-2012, 09:40 PM
My December pay cheque was mailed on the 5 of January still haven't got it, so cancelled the cheque and had one for Dec and Jan mailed out on 2nd, still haven't got it. Even had the second one sent with tracking number. They are only being sent from 80 km away. Sent a money order to a fellow in Ontario to buy a gun 3 weeks ago, he finally got it today. Haven't been receiving bills, called them all and my address is.correct. anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

bagwan
02-10-2012, 10:34 PM
I would say you have a problem in your area. i sent a box of reloading goodies to Lethbridge (normal parcel post) and it was there in less than two days as advertised. Maybe get everyone to put your mail in a shoe box. (jk)
Maybe call some higher ups and have it checked out.

pikergolf
02-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I buy a lot of stuff on line and have never had a problem with packages or envelopes.

New Hunter Okotoks
02-10-2012, 10:54 PM
X2,it might be just your area.

I bought a gun from Ontario and it was here in only 6 days and it wasn't expedited. I have had envelopes get here from Sudbury in 3 days.

TRAPPER92
02-10-2012, 11:36 PM
I live about 150km north of Edmonton sent a letter and it took 3 weeks to get there. ???? How does this happen with the good Government, Union Employees? I thought you couldn't get any better personel than that :angry3:

wildcat111
02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
i live in airdrie and same deal, don't receive hardly any of my mail, it took 4 trys before the credit card company courier me my card, never get bills, personnly i think its my mail courier, have complain numerous times but to no avail.

gilbertslake
02-11-2012, 04:23 PM
My December pay cheque was mailed on the 5 of January still haven't got it, so cancelled the cheque and had one for Dec and Jan mailed out on 2nd, still haven't got it. Even had the second one sent with tracking number. They are only being sent from 80 km away. Sent a money order to a fellow in Ontario to buy a gun 3 weeks ago, he finally got it today. Haven't been receiving bills, called them all and my address is.correct. anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

occasionally. I had an express package in January, with a tracking number which was scanned in, at the Edmonton facility and sat it there for a week before it was scanned out to go to Cold Lake

sunsetrider2011
02-11-2012, 04:49 PM
The postal system is completely a bust,, im sure it depends on the days these guys want to actually do some work,, sent a small parcel to sask 3 1/2 weeks ago and they just got notification,,unreal

WCTHEMI
02-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Mail delivery around here isn't too bad, but I went to epost billing a couple years ago, works way better for me, plus saves a little paper.

Lefty-Canuck
02-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I get another neighbours (well 2 blocks away) mail all the time, I kindly take it over to them.......they got to know me so well for delivering their misdirected mail that they gave me a X-Mas card this year.....how bad is that???

LC

Mistagin
02-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Our mail delivery is terrible!

Sometimes we get nothing for a week or more and then the box is jammed full in one day :rolleye2:.

My wife recently received her December VISA statement - after getting January's :sign0176:!
Bills and statements often arrive after the due date, that's why I pay them using alternative methods.

We often get mail addressed to other people in our box, some are neighbours, but some live in other parts of town, mailing addresses aren't even close :angry3:.

Canada Post has gone way downhill, that's for sure. I use them as little as possible.

alacringa
02-11-2012, 09:01 PM
My mail isn't terrible, but is occasionally hit-and-miss. A package from Ottawa just arrived yesterday. It was sent a week and a half ago -- about 1.5x the time that I'd expect on a good week.

moosemad
02-11-2012, 09:13 PM

Direct Deposit is your friend. Don't count on a goverment service for anything important. :thinking-006:

fordtruckin
02-11-2012, 09:15 PM
geeze if canada post was any slower, anything I mailed would get sent back to me. Crap it already does...dammit! lol

Albertadodgeboy
02-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Just a couple of points to make is:
1: Canada Post is not operated by the governement anymore nor has been since 1984. No tax money in but lots ot when it makes a profit, which it has since it was made into a Crown Corporation in 1984.
2: Is your mail being delivered by a lettercarrier or a Rural Carrier?

if the service is not working go online and make a complaint as there could be an issue. If you think it is pricey or bad now wait until it is gone....

leeaspell
02-13-2012, 08:09 PM
I have a box at the post office. I have even asked them to check in back for my mail and still nothing.

blackmamba
02-13-2012, 08:22 PM
i had all my mail going to clyde river, Nova Scotia for almost 3 months before x mas ... then it was being delivered to another street close by for another month or so after .. just getting it straightened out now !!

Albertadodgeboy
02-14-2012, 05:54 PM
You have to watch if your mail is going omewhere else. There has been a few stories in the papers of stolen identiies and they go in and make an address change to get your information being send to where they want it.

CaberTosser
02-14-2012, 06:09 PM
I'll let you know when the item I ordered online yesterday shows up. I opted for the free shipping regular post, as my goal was to save $$ on the item. It's an IPhone case for my new company cell that I got last week. Instead of an OtterBox I'm going to try out a Case-Mate Tank.

I was going to start a thread about the Canada Post online store, as it had popped up some vendors in my search for a Canadian source for this case. I found one with a suitable price and went to checkout, then noted the 2 shipping options were both far too much for a $40 item of that size and weight ($8 & $10-ish ). They were both premium shipping options, no regular post. I found another vendor who had free shipping on orders over a certain price threshold and ordered from them instead as I'd not processed payment on the first website linked through the post office. We'll see how quick it shows up as I got an email yesterday that it had been.

Anyways, it seems that Canada Post will list those vendors on their website who link Canada Posts premium shipping services, but don't expect an affordable option among them. Being associated I figured it would add some consumer confidence, but whoa will you pay for it.

leeaspell
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I have got a couple rifles being shipped to me from Ontario. They were sent today with a tracking number. Gonna keep a close eye in it. Hopefully no issues with this one.

wally338
02-14-2012, 09:13 PM
my mail service is good no complaints from this guy

CaberTosser
02-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I think get the Enmax bill for the lady with the same house # the next street over before she does nearly every month. Then the guy with the same house number on the street in the opposite direction has the same first name as me, so that gets ours mixed with some regularity as well. One would think the postie would start to catch on after having the same thing left in my mailbox for him to deliver properly so many times. I'd bet the bugger doesn't even go right back to the place he had already passed, but saves it to deliver the following day.

On the other hand, I'm happy to live in an established neighborhood where we get real delivery instead of those community SuperMailbox things.

tara_13
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately my bills are on time and Never late...

however, I mailed a check 2 weeks ago to Edmonton and the seller hasnt received it, and it hasnt come out of my account as of today.

gunmum
02-14-2012, 10:38 PM
When we first moved from Edmonton, I had our mail forwarded to our new town through Canada Post. I would return to my home in Edmonton and there was a pile of mail in the mailbox, week after week. I complained and now I'm finally getting everything delivered to our new place! It's a service I paid for too. ARG.

leeaspell
02-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Found this out the last time i moved. If you move to a.new address or box, its $50 ish for.them to forward your mail to that address. I used to get my mail.sent to general.delivery when i moved here. When i finally got a po box, after almost a year I asked if they could.just put what ever mail i recieved in my gd box in my po box until i changed my info with whoever would be sending me mail. They said no problem, it will just cost $50. I said I waited a year for a box and now you want me to pay when i don't even need that box any more. She told me we don't make the rules.we just follow them lol

silverdoctor
02-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Well, their tracking is useless so far. Shipped the tablet to my mother on Friday morning, expresspost, supposed to be there tomorrow but tracking show's it hasn't moved out of Calgary yet :rolleye2:

32-40win
02-14-2012, 11:58 PM
And yet, I ordered some stuff out of Minnesota 10 days ago, got the parcel notice today. The USPS tracking info site worked great, so did the Canada Post side. Left Minnesota on Monday, cleared customs on Friday, arrived in Calgary yesterday.

Iron Brew
02-15-2012, 06:27 AM
If you live rurally, most companies run your postal code through Canada post (this is true even of some us companies) which will add station main to your address. This often eliminates part of your address. Hence the missing mail. Canada post will not take station main out of their address checker. Try it out. Go to the website and check your code. Been battling this one for a long time now. Corrected my address with the banks lord knows how many times. Then their computer checks and back to station main and missing mail. :argue2:

CeeZee
02-15-2012, 07:32 AM
we have not had any slow issues, but cost was funny. Two weeks ago a friends sent me his and mine PAL papers in the mail, 1.29 postage, i signed them and added to sheets of paper and my little 2x3 passport photo and sent it back to him, and the postage cost me 92 cents more than it did to send it to me, pretty expensive, likely could have sent each set of papers separate and cost less.

catnthehat
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
something like about 3 days to get a shotgun from Edmonton to Ft. Mac.
Cat

Morridin19
02-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Just an FYI that outside of the major cities Canada Post mainly hires outside contractors to do the work, same thing applies to "Post offices" like the ones found in drug stores or your local strip mall, most of them are independently owned and operated, and are only licensed by Canada Post to accept and deliver mail.

Since my fiance works for canada post I will let you in on a little secret... want your parcel to be delivered quickly and with as little damage as possible? package it as a little kid would, with wrapping paper, cute little drawings, stickers... the whole works. Most people tend to have a soft spot for kids.

The other thing, is if you have actually complained about your letter carrier, you should recieve a visit from their supervisor (assuming its actually canada post delivering and not some third party contractor). Trust me on this one, I've heard loads about it. Theres one especially nice lady on my fiances walk that gets flyers from some paper boy (NOT canada post!) who likes to call in weekly and complain that canada post is sending her flyers even though she has a no flyer sign posted and she has it marked on her sorting box in the depot.

Oh, and direct deposit is really the way to go with pay cheques!

jrs
02-15-2012, 09:05 AM
I think they are the biggest crooks going lately! My fiancee runs an online shop and as such sends packages all over the place. Its cheaper to send things to the southern states than Saskatchewan half the time. How's that work?? Canada post is part of whats killing small business in Canada, its cheaper to ship everything from the states than to buy things locally. One package took over 2 weeks to get to Ontario a little while back, she was almost ready to refund the customer and accept the package being lost in transit. I know paying unionized employees is expensive but it seems just silly sometimes.

CaberTosser
02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll let you know when the item I ordered online yesterday shows up. I opted for the free shipping regular post, as my goal was to save $$ on the item. It's an IPhone case for my new company cell that I got last week. Instead of an OtterBox I'm going to try out a Case-Mate Tank.

I was going to start a thread about the Canada Post online store, as it had popped up some vendors in my search for a Canadian source for this case. I found one with a suitable price and went to checkout, then noted the 2 shipping options were both far too much for a $40 item of that size and weight ($8 & $10-ish ). They were both premium shipping options, no regular post. I found another vendor who had free shipping on orders over a certain price threshold and ordered from them instead as I'd not processed payment on the first website linked through the post office. We'll see how quick it shows up as I got an email yesterday that it had been.

Item showed up today +1 Canada Post
Got the neighbor from one block overs mail yet again -1 Canada Post:sHa_sarcasticlol:

rugatika
03-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Sometimes the service is good, sometimes it is terrible. Inconsistent is worse than crap all the time I think. Keeps you wondering what the heck is going on.

Frustrating.