PDA

View Full Version : CBV Collection Agency (RANT)

KyleM
02-26-2008, 12:14 PM
How do I get these idiots to stop phoning me?

They are looking for some tia-maria Downey.

They phoned 5 times today and I have phoned CBV to get them to
remove my number twice already (this is just today).

They have been phoning for probably 3 or 4 months at 7am and then continue on throughout the day.

7 REM MAG
02-26-2008, 12:16 PM
tell them that if they dont cease calling that the next time they get a call from you it will be on your behalf by your lawyer

sheephunter
02-26-2008, 12:16 PM
How do I get these idiots to stop phoning me?

They are looking for some tia-maria Downey.

They phoned 5 times today and I have phoned CBV to get them to
remove my number twice already (this is just today).

They have been phoning for probably 3 or 4 months at 7am and then continue on throughout the day.

Contact the CRTC...they'll help you out. You can also contact your local telephone provider.

mackenzie71
02-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I was told that collection agencies can only call so many times a week. I think it's about 4 or 5. I would call the BBB and file a complaint. Then call CBV back, speak to a manager and tell them that if it continues, you will file a complaint with the police for harrassing phone calls your receiving.

KyleM
02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Really eh?

I just filed a complaint with the CRTC.

Iam extremely tired of picking up my phone and hearing "This is an urgent business messege, please stay on the line" and then the machine hangs up on me.

Im gonna phone back and be rather ignorant, Im tired of being pollite.

sheephunter
02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Really eh?

I just filed a complaint with the CRTC.

Iam extremely tired of picking up my phone and hearing "This is an urgent business messege, please stay on the line" and then the machine hangs up on me.

Im gonna phone back and be rather ignorant, Im tired of being pollite.

Cool...CRTC is your best line of defence....I've done it several times and calls have always stopped. Good to let the government work for you once in a while instead of against you...lol

KyleM
02-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Ok..........6 times now.
:mad3:

209x50
02-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Cool...CRTC is your best line of defence....I've done it several times and calls have always stopped. Good to let the government work for you once in a while instead of against you...lol

You should just pay the bill! :lol:
(Joke everyone.)

CaberTosser
02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I used to get calls from collections agencies for 2 former tenants that had rented rooms with me previously. All I had to do was to tell them they no longer lived at my address, and that I didn't have forwarding addresses. The calls stopped as simple as that. If you're getting calls for someone who has never even lived at your address it seems ridiculous that they're still calling. Could be the person they're after fraudulently used your address and/or phone # on some scam they were running. Good luck with it.

KyleM
02-26-2008, 01:07 PM
The address here has only been in use for 7 months, its a brand new home.
Im thinking that the phone number was used in a bunch of BS scams or something as I was getting calls for some Jayson fellow when we first moved in.

ctd
02-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Tell them the person doenst live there as already stated.
Then do a credit check on yourself, to see if there are any bad reports against youself.
This has one of those fraud cases all writtne all over it.