PDA

View Full Version : Sport fishing writers wanted

Sundancefisher
02-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I have been asked to track down travel sport fishing writers. Not sure where to start. Any writers out there, please PM me.

Will pay for quality original articles.

Thanks

Sun

BiggDirty
02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Perhaps contact Dekkard on the FFC boards, I know he does articles for the Cochrane Eagle.

Richard B.
02-11-2012, 12:39 PM
contact the Outdoor Writers of Canada

Mikezilk
02-11-2012, 01:31 PM
I have been asked to track down travel sport fishing writers. Not sure where to start. Any writers out there, please PM me.

Will pay for quality original articles.

Thanks

Sun

what do you class a travel sport fisher as? Is it someone who who tours around their province fishing as many lakes and streams as they can? Or someone who travels the world... If it is the first I know of a few in Alberta and BC

Sundancefisher
02-11-2012, 10:24 PM
what do you class a travel sport fisher as? Is it someone who who tours around their province fishing as many lakes and streams as they can? Or someone who travels the world... If it is the first I know of a few in Alberta and BC

I see it as someone with articles from around the world. I need articles from everywhere and any wheres.

An article about a Province or Territory in Canada and the US would appeal to people not from there and living elsewhere in North America, Europe or Australia for instance.

The idea would be to have a mix from all over.

Brandonkop
02-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Your PM box if full....

What would this writing be for? I fish all over the place and always enjoy writing things. Not sure what you're looking for and if it is going to published or not?

Anyways I might be interested if you were looking just for regular guys who get around.
Brandon

Sundancefisher
02-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Your PM box if full....

What would this writing be for? I fish all over the place and always enjoy writing things. Not sure what you're looking for and if it is going to published or not?

Anyways I might be interested if you were looking just for regular guys who get around.
Brandon

Fixed it.

PM me

Sundancefisher
02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
I have had some good conversations with writers and a few articles to look at. Still need more and to cultivate longer term arrangement with writers.

After numerous conversation we have decided when looking for content we are thinking:

How to run a Derby/Tournament
Recipes
Fly tying
Product reviews
Derby summaries
For Beginners
For Women
Howto's
Travel for fishing
Advanced topics for fishermen
Interview of famous fisherman/women
True Fishing Stories
Hunting rare or hard to find fish
Fishing for the record books
Business tips

Can anyone else think of topics they would like to read about on line pertaining to fishing anywhere in the world?

Thanks

Sun

Sundancefisher
03-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Curious if anyone knows this...so I have had some interest from authors wishing to submit articles but what contractual arrangement is common? Does anyone know if there is a precedent agreement covering off the relationship between the author and the publisher? Something covering payment and republishing terms and not plagiarized language.