PDA

View Full Version : recipes for rainbow trout

Gongshow
02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Ok, so I've finally caught some trout that are big enough to keep for a meal.

Can somebody pleasse give me some ideas on how to cook them? Something easy and delicious that the finicky kids will eat?

Thanks in advance,

Gongshow.

fish gunner
02-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Ok, so I've finally caught some trout that are big enough to keep for a meal.

Can somebody pleasse give me some ideas on how to cook them? Something easy and delicious that the finicky kids will eat?

Thanks in advance,

Gongshow.

good pat of butter,sliced almonds place in a fry pan at a med high heat.brown both steady stirring,turn down to med put in fish, baste often, 15- 20 min.best trout ever.little lemon pepper over top, serve.

Triple Threat
02-11-2012, 03:18 PM
A little bit of garlic and butter and fry in a pan for a few min. each side skin on and when done you can pull the tail and the bones come out like nothing.

Bigtoad
02-11-2012, 07:28 PM
If they are 16+", then fillet them but keep the skin on. Put in a baking pan (I usually put aluminum foil in first) and I put on a dill dip you can buy at Costco. If not, make your own with mayo, dill, garlic, lime/lemon juice, salt and pepper. Put in pan skin side down and spread the dill dip liberally over the fish. Bake at 375ish until it flakes nicely. Probably around 20 minutes. Works for salmon too. Yummmmmm!!!!

Cheers.

TROLLER
02-11-2012, 07:34 PM
This works for all fish. And remember any fish fried will smell in the house, any fish baked will not.

So, Shake and Bake, yup coat it then in the oven for 20 minutes, this also works great on pike.