PDA

View Full Version : Flashers shoot depth through ice?

stompit
02-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Do flashers such as the showdown, troller, lx shoot depth without drilling a hole like advertised? If so how accurate are they?

splake0
02-13-2012, 08:18 PM
my vexilar does. I remove the snow and pour some liquid on the ice turn on the flasher take a reading. Very accurate.

tombow
02-13-2012, 08:20 PM
They do send through the ice. needs to be slightly wet and smooth, no snow

thorne
02-13-2012, 08:22 PM
all transducers will shoot through ice. the trick is to chop a small divot and fill it with water, then place the transducer in it. the transducer needs absolute contact with the ice with no air space so just placing it on the ice wont give you very good results, if any. do as described and you will get very accurate results.

hunter49
02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
all transducers will shoot through ice. the trick is to chop a small divot and fill it with water, then place the transducer in it. the transducer needs absolute contact with the ice with no air space so just placing it on the ice wont give you very good results, if any. do as described and you will get very accurate results.

No need to make a divot. Clear the snow away, pour enough water so the transducer is wet and you will get a very accurate reading. The ice must be level and good clear (black) ice.

stompit
02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks for all the info.

pikergolf
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
I used to shoot mine without even making it wet, just find a flat spot and hold the transducer flat on the ice.