PDA

View Full Version : North American Hunting Club

srp71
02-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Alright,I know we went through this one before,but it was a while back now, is anyone a member or had anything to do with this outfit?The reason I ask is I received a "nomination to join"package in the mail,and I just was wondering if I should waste my $24.00 or not.

JohninAB
02-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Magazine is the only saving grace and there are better magazines out there. As for field testing, don't hold your breathe on that one.

mud slug
02-27-2008, 06:38 PM
save your money and get a subscription to alberta outdoors mag.

Rust
02-27-2008, 07:05 PM
HA, good to know guys. Cause I got the same thing as you srp71.

tdwarburton
02-28-2008, 08:26 AM
I was a member for a year or two. Not a bad magazine, the field testing thing is kind of a joke. I got these hand warmer deals in the mail in July-ish was asked to try them out in the field hunting and have a review written on them and have it back in there hands by Aug:huh: I don't know 'bout the rest of ya's but I don't do much hunting in July/Aug and if I did I wouldn't bother with hand warmers. They sent me books to look-over/purchase on WT property management. All in all it's an allright organization, but it's american. Not that that is a bad thing but you won't be reading about Northern Alberta moose hunts or SE AB mule deer. My opinion buy another year subscription of Ab outdoorsmen mag.

panwojciech
02-28-2008, 03:24 PM
I got the same offer and I did commit to this subscription. Will see what it brings in one year…

LB 270
02-28-2008, 03:50 PM
I belonged for a year. It was how I first met Very Savage actually. Magazine was o.k., more American info than I needed. The product testing was like it was said before a joke. Dangle the carrot only. The books and gifts that they send you are over priced (my opinion) and really not relevant at least for me. When my year was coming up I was flooded with mailers and notices, they offered me lifetime membership and all sorts of things. Long story short when I received the "Your selected" envelope I had no inclination to sign back up.
lb

Grizzly Adams
02-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Was a "member" for a year. Basically, it's a scam to sell you another magazine.
Grizz

srp71
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the info fella's!!

northof58
02-29-2008, 10:01 AM
I used to be a member. I enjoyed the magazine, but I agree with the others. There are better ones. As to samples to try, I received three little wipes in sealed packages of mosquito repellent. This arrived in mid winter and I was to report back on how well they worked within I believe a month or two. I too received another nomination in yesterday's mail. It went into the garbage.

SakoAlberta
02-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Its really just a mag subscription. They will try to sell you other stuff once in a while. Not my favorite mag and I only got it for a year.