PDA

View Full Version : Costa rica fishing charters?

farmsniper
02-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm heading down next week to the papagayo gulf near panama costa rica. Wondering if anyone has visited the area and recommend any particular charters to book with? And which to avoid! Id like to catch rooster fish, Mahi mahi, and try for sailfish. Probably just book the reccomened outfit off of the resort but any info is appreciated.

junglejay7320
02-14-2012, 10:37 PM
farmsniper i pm 'ed you...if your interested give me a call....

niwrek
02-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey Im heading there tomorrow, anyone through out a lead or two?

gallery
02-16-2012, 11:19 AM
If you are any where near Quapos Mar1 sportfishing. Mark is great and and they will get you on fish. We just got back and it was the best experience ever. Check out my post in the general discusion and you will see the pics I will try to post some here soon

gallery
02-16-2012, 11:31 AM
here are a few of the fish we caught. The captain Oscar of Mar1 sportfishing will make your fishing dreams come true. It really is the best experience

FishHound
02-18-2012, 07:29 PM
I`ve got a tripped booked with club villas pacifica for Mar 12, love to here how you do. Never been to Costa Rica, this place will pick me up on the beach in front of the hotel. Apparently here you have to go quite a ways off shore for bill fish so should book a full day. When I went to Punta Cana we fished closer to shore and had no problem finding sail fish on a half day charter.

http://www.costaricasportfishingflamingo.com/