PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you fished Cross Lake this year

Kim473
02-15-2012, 08:58 PM
How many times have you fished Cross Lake this year? I have fished it two times and limited out both times. First time in early Jan, second in Mid Jan. First time all large ones 10" plus. Second, 10" & under. Both times there were more than 30 trucks on the ice.

Kevwood
02-16-2012, 09:56 AM
How many times have you fished Cross Lake this year? I have fished it two times and limited out both times. First time in early Jan, second in Mid Jan. First time all large ones 10" plus. Second, 10" & under. Both times there were more than 30 trucks on the ice.

I have been 3 times...1st time weekday and about 50 trucks on the ice, the second and third both weekend days and both decent weather...minimum 200 vehicles on the ice last two times...I don't enjoy fishing off someones tailgate, the lake has produced 3 meals...and lots of memories & enjoyment for the family though...

dryflyguy
02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
I haven't fished this lake ever. A friend had recommended this lake to me last season and I didn't get a chance to make it out, so it was on my list for this season. After hearing about the *****-raping the lake has taken, I don't think I'm going to bother checking this lake out this season at all. Just my 2 cents.

Gust
02-16-2012, 12:31 PM
uhm,,, I think my cross lake is a different one

Kurt505
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
You never added a spot for "none", I have land close by, and have spent many days this season at my cabin, but the answer is still none.

HunterDave
02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
None.

Tylerf150
02-16-2012, 03:24 PM
i'm just putting it out there, but just cause you can keep 15 do you really have to. I like to take my kids perch fishing to but i also like to teach them conservation.so if me my wife and two kids go out just cause we can keep a total of 60 do we really need to limit. Insted of everyone bi%$#^%*g how over fished it is show some control. just take 20 between 4 of you. So what it's not that much to eat atleast there will be some left at the end of winter.Look at it like a case of beer just cause i got 15 dosen't mean i'm going to act like an ***** and pound them all as soon as i can because their there and i can. But mabey some of you do polish off that case as soon as it's opened:snapoutofit:

The-Legend
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
C&R and conservation is a great thing but wheres the fun in buying a 15 case and not slamming them really really fast???