PDA

View Full Version : NEW!! Great Pacific Salmon Lodge Article

Jamie
02-16-2012, 12:18 PM
He all, just thought I would share the latest article about Great Pacific Salmon Lodge.

This time Outdoor Canada's Patrick Walsh enjoys some time at Great Pacific Salmon Lodge. Read all about Patricks search for his Tyee.
It's on our home page and titled
"Operation Tyee the Article"

http://www.greatpacificsalmonlodge.com/

Make sure if you are thinking about Salmon fishing this year, you take a hard look at what we have to offer. Rates start as low as $2,500/Person for a all inclusive once in a lifetime Salmon fishing trip.
We are located just outside of Prince Rupert BC and just 30 miles South of the Alaskan Border.

Thanks
Jamie

newell
02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
looks like an amazing trip and lodge. how strong is the halibut fishing in that area

Jamie
02-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Newell.
Thanks for the comments about the Lodge. We did put a ton of work into it and are very happy with the outcome.
As for the Hali fishing.. It's always good and can be spectacular.
For those that want to do a hard core Hali trip, we are more than up for the challenge, for those that want a chance in between Salmon, we do that as well.
Let me find a pic and I will post it up for you.
Please let me know if you have any more questions about the Lodge or the Prince Rupert area.

Thanks

Jamie Hunt

Jamie
02-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Here is one that fought like the devil!!

Nothing better than eating fresh caught Hali out of the cold Northern BC ocean.

Jamie

newell
02-17-2012, 04:57 PM
I was onsirering doing a trip this year but I am wondering weather to try a lodge or just stay in a hotel and day trip do you have any thoughts or does anyone else have thoughts on the subject as well as the difference between these experiences

Mike_W
02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I was onsirering doing a trip this year but I am wondering weather to try a lodge or just stay in a hotel and day trip do you have any thoughts or does anyone else have thoughts on the subject as well as the difference between these experiences

Its like going to a restraunt or a buffet one way you get served and one way you serve yourself in the end you get to eat but one was a better / more enjoyable experience and one was slightly cheaper.

Jamie
02-17-2012, 10:27 PM

Newell.. We would love to have you come out. I know it will not be a trip you will soon forget.
We do both Day type charters and full Lodge experiences.
Before buying Great Pacific Salmon Lodge, I had the opportunity to fish Rupert from a day trippers point of view. My cousin and I flew out for 4 days of fishing with different charters and stayed at a hotel.

After 12 years of staying at Lodges, I didn't appreciate staying at a hotel with little to do at night and hauling all my gear in a cab to get Breakfast and lunch, followed by hauling all my gear and fish in a cab up to the fish market at the end of the day. Honestly, I don't think we saved all that much $$ if any at all by the time everything was added up. However it did give us the opportunity to check out a bunch of different charters. Fishing was still great, but at the end I appreciated every thing being easy.

When staying at our Lodge, you have nothing to worry about. Life is good and easy. When your done fishing at the end of the day, we snap some pictures, head back to the Lodge in the Golf carts and there you will find a Appy waiting for you and your bar set out with fresh ice and mix. You beer is in the fridge nice and cold!! Dont be surprised if the your drink is refreshed from time to time by one of the Staff members or myself.

After talking for a hour or so telling fishing story's with the other guests, all the while sitting on a covered 1,200 SQFT cedar deck overlooking the ocean, we enjoy a great meal. It could be Salmon one night, Steak another or perhaps the ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB NIGHT. These are the freshest crabs you have ever ate. They come straight out of the ocean, onto the deck for inspection by our guests and then served up 20 minutes later. We have a standing bet around the lodge of a $100 if any group can eat all that we serve on crab night. We always offer desert but have found most people are to full to eat it after dinner. Don't worry, it's always available if you want a snack later.

After dinner consists of a update on the day and a quick meeting about what is the plan of attack for tomorrow, followed by poker games, reading, crib, watching TV or just sitting on the deck watching the light fade on the ocean. Head to bed when you want and lets do it all over again in the morning.

While you are enjoying your time at the Lodge, the boats are being fuelled, gear is being kept up, boats are being cleaned and your fish is being professionally packed.
Like I said, no worries.

I hope to hear from you soon. Take a look at the web site and let me know what you think.

Thanks for asking
Jamie

Jamie
02-17-2012, 10:30 PM
A view from the deck.. Damn I like sitting here..

Jamie
02-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Newell, you have a pm.
I enjoyed the conversation, let's see if we can put this together for you.

Jamie