PDA

View Full Version : marcum vs825sd

eyewhomper
02-17-2012, 06:40 AM
I recently purchased this unit does anybody else have one i love it just wondering what everyone else thinks of it oh yah willing to sell my old aqua vu srt for cheap also have a showdown i dont use pm if intrested 250.00 for both package deal thx

liar
02-17-2012, 07:01 AM
i went into the city to buy a 380 a few months ago and the salesman talked me into buying the 625 . glad i bought it . it is sweet!!! battery lasts for days .

dkrhome
02-17-2012, 07:19 AM
We are looking to potentially get one of the 825s. How does it improve your fishing experience?

THanks

huntsfurfish
02-17-2012, 08:05 AM
I have two of the 825s, Best camera out there:).

Some will have you believe they are only toys, but they are a valuable fishing tool. You will have the ability to learn lots by watching how the fish act, react and how your various lures and rigs work and what the area looks like. You should be able to learn constantly using them.

If there is any visibility on the lake, I am glued to my cameras. The down side is if there is very poor water clarity, then you might be better served with a sonar unit of one type or another. However the clearer the water the awesomer the camera is!

Entertainment value for kids and adults is off da chart too.

thorne
02-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Found a few things which really helped me. Actually calibrate the electronic compass and do it on a lake away from anything metal this really makes the directional indicator almost freakishly accurate. next is always turn on the camera out of the water, then lower it in. all the self calibrations are ment for out of water and the unit will adjust its self as it gets deeper/ darker. As night vets closer you will have to manually adjust for the darker conditions. try it and you will be supprised by how good it is even in really low light. merky water is merky water....no fix there just sonar. I also hard wired my panner right to the camera battery...thats awsome! D-Cells die fast, now my panner goes for ever. ya its being juiced by a power supply 4X larger then it is suspose to, but it rocks and i have had no issues. its a great system and the temp and depth displays are very accurate...enjoy!

sraak
02-17-2012, 11:08 AM
eyewhomper - I'm interested in the showdown/aqua vu.

What model is the showdown and where are you located?