PDA

View Full Version : Random fishing thought of the day...

Lefty-Canuck
02-17-2012, 07:08 PM
So be honest.....how many of you talk to the fish you catch?

...."Whoa there little buddy settle down"....

...."If you would stop thrashing in the boat I could let you go!"......

...."Yummm you are going to make one heck of a dinner"....

I have caught myself talking to the fish I catch as though they understand me....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Who else is guilty? :)

LC

BeeGuy
02-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah, all the time.

Sight fishing recently when the fish repeatedly just stare at the presentation.

Me: "Bite it! Bite the $%^&$% hook! Doooo it!!!!"

drifter
02-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I thought I was bad with the flasher but I'm worse with the camera.
I guess that's the difference between the two. Finally the question has been answered.

Bush
02-17-2012, 08:23 PM
I for some resin think the fish can understand so I have asked a Cree to translate because.... "hear fishy fishy" hasn't been working this year so this weekend you might hear "cannoo see eww sue"

Other than that I don't usually say thing more until I'm washing the kitchen table "you slimey bass tards....why?" but they say nothing in return because they don't have the guts to talk to a human lol

horsetrader
02-17-2012, 08:26 PM
In more than one language

WayneChristie
02-17-2012, 08:28 PM
I am a fish whisperer, and a pike swearer. :bad_boys_20: sworn in some nice pike in my time

Lefty-Canuck
02-17-2012, 09:00 PM
I am a fish whisperer, and a pike swearer. :bad_boys_20: sworn in some nice pike in my time

LOL....I saw your youtube vid....you got that right! :)

I was actually driving down Hwy2 to Calgary today.....as I do most weeks at least one day.....actually laughing to myself at the thought I talk to fish I catch both in my head and out loud, both while fishing and releasing them.....was a random thought that put a smile on my face....

LC

Geezle
02-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Haha absolutely! :lol:

Sometimes in a friendly manner, other times no so much! :fighting0030:

tonypower
02-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I ain't to proud to beg!! "Oh Come on just one bite please!! Thats all I ask, One Little bite" lol

MoFugger21
02-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Lol, especially this year on the ice, it's been "Stupid little bastard! Get the hell outta here!" And back down the hole it goes. :)

Daceminnow
02-18-2012, 02:59 PM
last week i was serenaded by one of my fishing buds to this tune. he'd mark a fish start to sing and boom, fish on. it worked for him. he schooled myself and our other buddy big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

Dace

WillyOneStyle
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
last week i was serenaded by one of my fishing buds to this tune. he'd mark a fish start to sing and boom, fish on. it worked for him. he schooled myself and our other buddy big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

Dace
Fish have strange taste in music.

Ken07AOVette
02-18-2012, 04:27 PM
That has never ever happened :thinking-006:

Of course while fishing with Oldman, Geezle, Alodar, Willowtrail, Rkzsn, Garryb, Copenhagenkid, Mikew, Horsetrader, Freespiritlabradors, I can say with 100% certainty that they all talk to the fish :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Redfrog
02-18-2012, 04:27 PM
You people are odd. :scared:

vettedreamer
02-18-2012, 05:49 PM
That has never ever happened :thinking-006:

Of course while fishing with Oldman, Geezle, Alodar, Willowtrail, Rkzsn, Garryb, Copenhagenkid, Mikew, Horsetrader, Freespiritlabradors, I can say with 100% certainty that they all talk to the fish :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I may or may not have cursed the fish gods right up to 2:55 pm today after trying 30 lure combinations, when BLAM a 4.15 pound burbut turned into a brand new jiffy gas auger.....................WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yes may churp once in a while:
sHa_shakeshout::
sHa_shakeshout:

Teamprotz
02-18-2012, 07:05 PM
I need to talk to fish , no one else will listen !

fish gunner
02-18-2012, 07:22 PM
lol ,yes I talk to the fish.perch are the most annoying.pike generally listen.good thread.:sHa_shakeshout:

FishingFrenzy
02-18-2012, 07:29 PM
I always talk to fish....its just never good things.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-18-2012, 11:21 PM
GUILTY ... I've heard some colorful language come from some folks above and some who havent said anything yet .

Now how many of you give your fish a smooch before releasing them . I do it all the time , probably why they keep biting . I've kissed everything from a perch , walleye , trout , pike , whitefish , reef shark and more . It's just the way I roll . Lol

Ken07AOVette
02-18-2012, 11:27 PM
GUILTY ... I've heard some colorful language come from some folks above and some who havent said anything yet .

Now how many of you give your fish a smooch before releasing them . I do it all the time , probably why they keep biting . I've kissed everything from a perch , walleye , trout , pike , whitefish , reef shark and more . It's just the way I roll . Lol

Not even once. If I am going to have fish breath, I am going to eat fish. :)
And that's completely honest.

Jwood 456
02-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Yep, I sure do especially when I catch those stubborn pike that won't quit thrashing around or are too dumb to back swim down the ice fishing hole right away.lol

Steven Noel
02-19-2012, 12:07 AM
All the time, especially when releasing trout or unhooking. Smooth, calm;
"Hold still, relax, it will all be all right.".

wetdream
02-19-2012, 11:39 AM
for me it's: (fish thrashing) "okay, just relax! relax. I'm not gonna eat ya."