PDA

View Full Version : Chip lake

dave_ca
02-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Heading out there today... Just wondering If there are any springs At this lake? Just wondering if I should walk it or drive out... As well has anyone been catching anything lately??? Thanks guys

Tylerf150
02-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I was there two weeks ago and lots of ice. Guys were driving f350's right down the river to get on to the lake. I few spots I drilled right down to the dirt.

Prouddad403
02-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Is their access on the east side, or just off highway 16 think it's RR 95 (south side)?

Klondike
02-20-2012, 08:50 PM
There is access from the east side at the campground. There are signs directing you to the campground from Wildwood. Would be hard to miss.

I wasn't fishing today but I was out and about on chip lake today. Seen a few one ton duallys and even a jeep pulling a holiday trailer out on the ice today. The area off the southwest point of the big island looked like a walmart parking lot. I would guess 75 vehicles or more. Spoke to one guy and he landed two 5lb jack. Said he caught 11 in an hour. All jacks out there so far. Another guy said the ice thickness it the lenght of the ice auger.