PDA

View Full Version : Worlds longest hochey game update

tyu33
02-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Well its over, and I'm back at work. It was more difficult than I thought, the -50 temp. with wind really kicked the crap out of a few of our players (lots of frozen toes and blisters). I was on the white team and we were down to 13 forwards for a few days, which means we had to double shift. I only had about five hours of sleep in the first four days, till we got some of our guys back. The longest break we had for the first three days was 2hrs 20min., not much time to sleep. I still have numbness in my big toes but am hoping all the feeling comes back, I'm going to see my Dr.on Mon. A big thank-you to all that came out and supported and to those who donated. Thanks hogsmoker for volunteering your time to ref, and the donation from your Fish and Game Club, also the refreshments that helped us keep going!! I talked to Dr. Saik today and he said that we are at about $350,000.00. The piece of equipment that he has targeted to buy (confocal microscope) is about $500,00.00, so we are still short. If anyone would still like to donate you can on line at www.worldslongestgame.com., if you want to sponsor me you can pm me, but its not necessary. This truely is a good cause as we all know someone that has been affected by cancer. It also feels good to have set a new world record, but I'm finding out that it doesn't get me a lot of extras at home with the wife and kids, they still boss me around like always!!!