PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fish Recipe

Darren_buckhunter
02-18-2012, 11:17 PM
What is your favorite recipe to cook fish? Mine ketchup marinateed fish.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Pike fillets with lemon garlic and little butter and baked mmmm ...drool.

Jwood 456
02-19-2012, 12:09 AM
White meat fish fillets fried in becel and ritz cracker crums. Yum!

rottik9
02-19-2012, 04:41 AM
Last year I was lucky and got some chicken coating from A&W, it was real good on pike.

Kim473
02-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Boneless perch fillets, milk & egg for dipping, aunt Jamima pancake mix, little bit fine corn flour, spices to your tasting and fried. Walleye the same.

Albertafisher
02-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Trout marinated in basil, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Then bake that.... MMMM

Dust1n
02-19-2012, 09:38 AM
walleye fillets beer battered.

Spidey
02-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Take your favorite flavor of potato chips and crush in their bag with your hands until they look like bread crumbs (but save some to eat on the side). Roll in the fish fillets and fry or bake.

This is great for a shore lunch because you don't have to pack seasonings. You don't even need oil because the oil from the chips are enough for the pan!

My personal favs for walleye and pike are Salt & Vinegar and All Dressed.

Jack&7
02-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Fish Tacos....done with pike.

Or a new recipe I just tried: Pike Vindaloo with jasmine rice.

TROLLER
02-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Take your favorite flavor of potato chips and crush in their bag with your hands until they look like bread crumbs (but save some to eat on the side). Roll in the fish fillets and fry or bake.

This is great for a shore lunch because you don't have to pack seasonings. You don't even need oil because the oil from the chips are enough for the pan!

I actually had a chef tell me that same way, also shake and bake then in the oven for 20 minutes.

stompit
02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I was fortunate to know a KFC manager that would give up some of their batter. Excellent on walleye. You can get close with the ingredients off of the net but no one wants to give up the 11th herb and spice!

HunterDave
02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
walleye fillets beer battered.

x2 That's gotta be my favorite

Perch stir fry is pretty good and you can season it any way that you want.

Making fish cakes with pike and mashed potatoe, bread crumbs on the outside, makes for a good meal but it's nothing exciting.

Pan sized trout fried in garlic butter is always good too!

rapala76
02-19-2012, 02:21 PM

Sweet! I'm going to have to try this