PDA

View Full Version : cross lake f&w

topgun2269
02-19-2012, 09:04 AM
I was in my tent and heard a quad pulling closes and closer to my area, I new it must be a game warden...it was Shane from the vegriville area, what a great guy. Simply asked how I was doing and said "great pike you have there" Shane you must truly enjoy what you do and it shows. I hope all conservation officers are like you...You let me enjoy my day of fishing without the arrogance some other officers have... I caught my perch limit once again at cross.. average size about 10-10.5. not huge but a great fish fry........Only half the people there as there usually is......

stinkynuts
02-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Glad to here you had a good day on the lake and a great F&W experiance its just a shame they are spread so thin that the Veg officer had to go all that way to check on things and Cross does have some monster jacks in it I cant wait for open water to try a target them and get a few in the boat

Snap Shot
02-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Ya i bumped into him a few times really nice guy...
Well lets see this pike you caught.!!

Darren_buckhunter
02-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Haha I know the officer you are talking about. He actually grew up in vegreville but works out of Athabasca. But ya cross is great for pike in the summer.

HunterDave
02-19-2012, 02:20 PM
I usually hunt moose up near Athabasca and I've met several F&W Officers up that way. They all seemed to be really nice guys.........professional, courteous and down to earth. I enjoyed talking to them. :)